Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Backwards World ❯ Child's Play ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Child's Play

*Disclaimer* I do not own any rights whatsoever of Naruto. And I'm sorry it took so long for me to update. I've been pretty busy with other matters.

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------

"Will I ever see my real home again?" Naruto asked himself, saddened.

"I don't know."

Naruto's eyes shot up as he stood up, and happened to see a human figure standing in the shadow of the trees.

"It's....you."

"Yes. And we've both got a score to settle, no?"

O-------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------O

The figure walked out of the shadows, revealed. He had a snooty smirk on his face as he looked at the blonde boy. He had black hair, a blue shirt, and the Uchiha clan symbol on the back....

"Sasuke, what are you doing here?" Naruto asked, somewhat embarrassed that someone like him were trying to show him up and almost succeed.

He looked pretty serious, with a hint of anger. He walked up to Naruto slowly, showing off a coy smile. Then he said in a harsh tone: "You're gonna pay."

Naruto raised a questioning eyebrow at his words. "Pay...? For what?"

"For embarrasing me in front of Sakura, that's what!!" he screamed in his face, jabbing a quivering finger in his face. Naruto released a surprised "Huh?" as he looked at Sasuke with confusion. 'Since when does he care what Sakura thinks? The Sasuke I know and hate always acts as if there's no one else in the world except him besides enemies. In fact, this is something that Sakura might say, like 'You're gonna pay for embarrasing me right in front of Sasuke!' or something like that. Sheesh, I must be in a different world. Man, Sasuke seems even more of a moron than he does at home.'

Naruto was lost in his thoughts as Sasuke glared at him for ignoring him. "That's it, Uzumaki! I challenge you to a contest!" he said, his eyes bulging with anger.

The blonde boy's thoughts were interrupted as the statement suddenly intruded in his ears. "Huh...? A contest....?"

Sasuke nodded stupidly. "Yeah! You and me! We shall have a contest to see who is the better warrior!!"

Naruto didn't want to have anything to do with any of Sasuke's pathetic antics, but he thought he might as well, since the search for his opposite was going basically nowhere. He had picked the entire village clean of possible information, but it all led to the same conclusion: He isn't here.

With a sigh and a nod, Naruto announced, "Fine then. I accept your challenge."

Sasuke grinned, obviously satisfied with his decision. "Very good. Very good."

"Alright, pretty boy, name your challenge!"

>-------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------<

"WHAT!? You've got to be kidding!!" Naruto exclaimed as he stood dumbfounded at the heard of cows in front of him at one of the villager's farms.

"There is absolutely, I say ABSOLUTELY no way I'm gonna do this!!!" the boy complained, shaking his head endlessly.

"What's the matter!? The big bad Uzumaki Naruto is afraid!?" Sasuke boasted, doing an utmost horrible impression of Naruto cowering from the so-called "challenge."

"It's so simple, Naruto! All you have to do is beat me in a cow rodeo race!"

"What the hawking hairball is a cow rodeo race!?" Naruto asked, extremely annoyed.

Sasuke shook his head in disappointment. "Naruto, Naruto, Naruto." the boy looked at him quizzingly.

"Naruto Naruto Naruto Naruto Naruto. Naruto, Naruto, Naruto, Naruto, Naruto, Naruto, Naruto, Naruto, Naruto. Naruto."

The blonde boy's eyes twitched with annoyment. If he said his name one more time, he would punch him so hard in his gut he'd cough up his lungs.

"I can't believe you don't understand, you dunce! It's so super simple!! All you have to do is get on a cow, and try to tame it. Then you have to race towards the finish line, and pray to be the first."

He continued. "There are three rounds. The Taming Preliminaries, Intermediate Rodeos, and the Final Race. If you win two out of three, than you win. Of course, it's pretty simple to decide who will win! It's gonna be..."

Sasuke's jaw dropped as he saw Naruto eating some InstaRamen on a blanket on the ground. "HEY!!!"

"Relax, Mr. Overemotional, I heard everything you said. Though I gotta say, a cow rodeo race? I mean, that's gotta be the stupidest thing I ever heard in my entire life!" Naruto said, ignoring the childish glare Sasuke was sending his way.

"Well, when you're done complaining, let's get started!" The kid said as he guided the bored Naruto to a cow with six tiny black spots on its sides and two large ones on its back, along with a stupid looking saddle resting on its back.

"This is your racecow, Naruto. Her name is Applestick." Sasuke told him, petting her.

"Applestick....?" 'Why would anyone name their cow such a dumb name like Applestick...' He saw as the black-haired child fed the cow an apple. 'Ohhh....'

Sasuke then walked over to another cow, with three giant black spots all over its body, with another dumb saddle on its back.

"And this is my racecow, Macaroni." he said, petting him as well.

"Macaroni....right. U__U"

"Now that that's out of the way, LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!!!!" Sasuke announced, though after getting too carried away falls in a giant puddle of mud.

"Ugh."

X----------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------X

The Taming Preliminaries

"C'mon, ya stupid cow! Move!!" Naruto called to Applestick. All she did was chew on the grass and, well, something else. The blonde boy became seriously irritated. It just sat there. So did Naruto after a few moments. Sasuke, on the other hand, was bribing Macaroni with a turnip, making him run around.

'I didn't even know cows could run.' Naruto thought to himself as he continued to attempt at getting Applestick to move. No success. None whatsoever. He was so frustrated, he roared, and that automatically frightened Applestick and she was running. Running, running, running. Like a fire-caught roadrunner.

Naruto was desperately trying to keep from falling, what with the scared cow sprinting for its life. He then took out an apple he had saved from his pocket and stuck it in front of her face.

It worked. She instantly stopped the second the apple came into view. Naruto handed her the apple, but flew off of the cow from the sudden halt. He flew through the air, screaming "WAAAAAHHH!" as he landed in the pigpen, crowded with scared sows.

Sasuke watched the scene with shock. But he suddenly began to laugh out loud with triumph and amusement. He got off of Macaroni and walked over to the pigpen, 'tsk tsk tsking at the boy's predicament. He then raised a blue flag with his face on it.

"And the winner of this match is the smart, wise, and devilishly handsome warrior, Uchiha Sasuke!!"

Irritated uncountably, Naruto threw a pile of dirt at his face, knocking him out and shutting him up. Finally.


X----------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------X

The Intermediate Rodeos

"WAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!" Naruto cried as he tried desperately at handling the speeding cow with an apple tied to its horn. Unknowing of his own actions, Naruto grabbed hold of both horns to try and hold on. Miraculously, he managed to steer the cow.

Sasuke wasn't having that much of a good situation, though. He had apparently fed Macaroni one too many turnips, and he was too full to even move.

"Wahahahahahahahahah!!" Naruto chuckled in enjoyment.

With shame, Sasuke raised an orange flag with Naruto's face on it.

"And the winner of this round is the..."

'C'mon, you can say it! Awesome! Intelligent! Amazing!'

"It's Naruto."

The blonde boy fell down in disappointment.

X----------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------X

The Final Race
(Oh, boy.)

The score was tied. Sasuke:1, and Naruto:1. Whoever won this round would be the victor.

They both sat on their racecows, standing at the starting line, completely and utterly focused at the mission at hand. Their eyes were ablaze with the possibility of triumph.

Sasuke was so sure he'd win, he spoke this to Naruto: "Hey, Naruto! I have an idea! Let's make a bet! Whomever wins this round gets the chance to tell the loser one thing that they have to do, no matter how embarrasing or disgusting it may be! And I've already got my idea!"

"....?"

"I'll let you in on a hint: It involves super glue, polka music, and Canada! Man, I can't wait!!" As Sasuke chuckled to himself, Naruto shivered. "I don't even wanna ask about what he has in mind!"

They both made the countdown.

Five.
Four.
Three.
Two.
ONE.

T hey were off. Both were nose to nose, neck to neck, foot to foot, hoove to hoove, horn to horn, attitude to attidude. It was a race full of sweat, grunts, growls, and farts from too much excitement.

It was then that the finish line came into view, but only slightly. Naruto began to pick up the pace, but his blood ran cold as his cow began to slow down from exhaustion. It was then she came to a complete stop. Sasuke laughed as he passed Naruto, headed straight for the line.

The kid panicked. He stuck an apple in front of her nose, but she seemed too tired to even notice it.

'What'm I gonna do!?....'

He was so angry, he threw the apple away in front of them, along with the other ones he brought with him, just in case of an emergency. One hit Sasuke in the head, and he yelped with a childish "Owwwwwwchie!!"

Applestick noticed the airborne apples, and her legs automatically brought her up again. They began to move, and in a few seconds, she was booming through the course. Naruto held on, confused in the sudden change in her behavior, but it was a positive one, for they now were in clear sight of the finish line.

They easily passed Sasuke and Macaroni, and in a matter of seconds, they had cut the ribbon as they passed through it.

"ALRIGHT!! WE WON!!" Naruto jumped off of Applestick and hopped and skipped with glee.

"Oh, thank you, Applestick!!" He then leaped in the air to land a hug on Applestick, but he fell face-first into the ground when he saw her too busy consuming the pile of apples on the ground. 'Oh well. I won!!'

Sasuke looked absolutely shocked and dismayed. Sadly, he rose and brought out the orange Naruto flag again.

"And with great honor, yadda yadda yadda...*grumble grumble* I hereby declare the winner of this cow rodeo race to be Naruto Uzumaki..."

'Yes!! I feel a bit of gloating is to come in order!' He thought amusedly.

"It's okay, Sasuke! You don't have to feel bad about it now. But you can later when you have to do what I want you to do! And believe me; you will!!" Naruto told him, laughing hysterically. Sasuke looked down at the ground, disappointed and ashamed.

"Alright....what do you want me to do?"

^----------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------^

The entire village, no, the entire world laughed at Sasuke as they saw him trod the village path, wearing a Hello Kitty costume, singing a song in his girliest voice:

"My name is Hello Kitty
My best friend's name is Mitty
Please call me Hello Kitty
Before I throw a fit-ty..."

"My name is Hello Kitty
I love my chocolate milky
Why don't you feel my fur
It is nice and silky..."

Naruto laughed uncontrollably as he watched from one of the building tops. This was the best thing to have ever happened to him; having to successfully defeat Sasuke in a contest, and have him publicly humiliated. A humiliation that won't pass until...well...his 65th birthday, maybe.

As he watched, however, stray eyes seemed to be fixated on him, their sturn, blue hardiness still existing as he walked away.

************************************************************ ********

Man, if that wasn't the most funniest thing I've ever written, I don't know what is! Well, I do, but that's my business. Anyway, thanks for reading, and please look forward to the next chapter, as there may be information about Naruto's opposite revealed!!

-silverfeather