Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Backwards World ❯ Search For The Other Naruto ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Search For Naruto's Counterpart

After learning the origin of his problem, Naruto now has discovered the solution, and now begins his frantic search for his opposite, and to defeat him, which is the key to getting him back to the real world. He may come across some big bumps though; and no, I'm not talking about walking on the top of his head, where there are more than enough bumps.

************************************************************ ***

"So, I just have to find the opposite of me, defeat him, and then I can get back to the real world?" Naruto asked, sighing with content as the numerous lumps on his head began to ease in pain.

"Yes, but be warned, Naruto; you musn't take this boy lightly. He could be stronger than you could even imagine." Kakashi explained in a grim tone. Naruto looked up, and though shown fear for a minute, then displayed a look of encouragement.

"Relax, Master! If this guy is supposed to be my opposite, then he must be pretty weak, ugly, and really stupid! Hahahaha!!" The blonde boy said, laughing triumphantly.

"My guess is he's a total genius and actually thinks things through..." Kakashi mumbled to himself.

"What was that, Master Kakashi?" Naruto asked, looking confused at the man's face. "Oh, nothing. Nothing." he said, waving his hand around.

"Say, since I have a minor case of MOC, what would I have to do if I had a severe case? I bet I could do that instead!" the boy said.

Kakashi cleared his throat, then pat Naruto on the back, chuckling and grinning. "Ahhh, Naruto. Always trying to do it the hard way."

"Huh?"

____________________________________________

Naruto and Kakashi walked the streets of "Hanoko," looking around for anything they might find suspicious.

"I'm afraid I have to leave, Naruto." Kakashi said.

The boy stopped with a shocked look on his face. "What!? Why?"

"I have some business to take care of. You can take care of it, right? A high-and-mighty person like yourself doesn't need a babysitter, right?" he asked optimistically.

The boy thought about it, then smiled with agreement. "You're right, Master! I can take care of this by myself! Go ahead! I can take care of everything." Naruto said, beaming with pride.

He bid the man farewell as he walked in the opposite direction. He proudly walked down the path, practically shining with enthusiasm. "Hee hee....this may be more exciting than I thought!"

The silver-haired man looked back at the boy, then chuckled a little. "Now, for my important business..." the man said as he took out his Make Out Paradise book, and immediately stuck his nose in it.

____________________________________________

"Hmmm, where should I look first...?" Naruto wondered, his eyes skimming the many buildings and people.

His eyes caught the pink-haired Sakura and now cheerful Sasuke. It still scared him.

He caught Sakura's eye. In fact, he could tell by the way she was hopping up and down with tiny hearts around her, calling "Naruto! Yoohoo!! Naruto!!"

"Ahh, sweet dreams really can come true..." (Ugh. I feel like I'm gonna be sick.)

The boy made his way towards them. Sasuke began to speak.

"Say, Naruto?"

"Hm?"

"Why'd you buy a physics book from the bookstore? I thought you hated reading."

"Wha..!?" Naruto didn't understand. He's been doing that a lot, lately. "Of couse I hate reading! And a physics book? Come ON! It so complicated, I can't even read the cover! I didn't even go to the bookstore for crying out loud!"

He then thought to himself, 'Except whenever I need some manga to read or want to learn a new ramen recipe...'

"Well, either way..." Sakura started, trying to stop drooling from ectasy (I'm seriously feeling sick now) "we did see you. Golden locks of sunshine, eyes blue as a tranquil ocean, that cool, orange outfit..." the girl couldn't stop listing from adoration. Naruto squeaked.

"You basically were the same." Sasuke said. Sakura glared at him.

"What!?" Naruto was starting to get seriously annoyed. He then stood up in Sasuke's face, giving him the look of a possessed demon.

"Listen, you!! I am Naruto, got it?! No matter how much someone may sound like me, look like me, or even think like me, they are not, I repeat, NOT me!!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND!?"

The blue-haired boy shrank in fear of the angry blonde. "Uh-uh-uh huh." he said.

Sakura swooned. "Oh, Naruto! You're so manly!!" Naruto was so caught up in his pent-up frustration, he didn't hear her.

So he just stomped away. But then a thought struck him.

'Wait a minute...if they think they saw me where I really wasn't, that must mean.....'

His eyes grew wide with realization. 'Awww, man!! Why didn't I realize this before!?' He really wanted to slap himself in the head, but then thought, 'Hey, whoa whoa whoa, I don't feel that stupid!'

"Hey, Sasuke! I...." Naruto stopped as he noticed Sasuke hiding behind a dumpster, shivering uncontrollably in fear.

"Sasuke, I-I-Doh, nevermind!!" the boy ran away, continuing his search.

"Naruto....?" Sakura was confused. She then looked down at the frightened Sasuke, but then noticed a puddle forming under him.

"...." She then displayed a face of total disgust. "Sasuke!!! Ewww!"

The boy didn't notice, for he was still caught up in his own fear.

_____________________________________________________
Naruto kept asking around the village for his opposite, hearing some of them say they saw him reading that physics book, eating the cursed Konnyaku, and, this scared him the most: hearing him say a silent "yuck" as he saw some people walk around eating ramen.

The boy walked into the park and sat down on the bench, taking a breather for a minute from all of the madness that has occured to him.

His mind wandered as he watched the green trees dance jubilantly in the breeze. "Will I ever get back to Konoha?"

He felt a bit sad. "Will I ever taste ramen again? I might not ever see the real people I know, my friends: Iruka-sensei, Hokage Sarutobi, Hinata, Sakura, and I can't believe I'm saying this, Sasuke." Naruto closed his eyes, almost dozing off as he thought, "Will I ever see my real home again?"

"I don't know."

Naruto's eyes shot open as he stood up, and happened to see a human figure standing in the shadow of the trees.

"It's.....you."

"Yes. And we've both got a score to settle, no?"

_____________________________________________________________

That's it for now! Who is that hidden in the tree's shadows? Is it who I think it is? Well, that's the question you all have to ask. But you know what you gotta do in order to find out! Wait for a while and keep on reading!! -silverfeather