Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Backwards World ❯ The Stupidest Condition ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The Stupidest Condition

*Disclaimer* I know you get sick of me telling this, but I do not own any rights of Naruto. Oh, and if there are any critics out there who are still sulking on how long it took me to update this, then up yours!! But for those who only wish to read the story, thank you. Okay, on with the chapter!

************************************************************ ***********

"Sooo, let me see if I can understand this; you were playing a miniscule prank on Team 10, got busted, suffered a serious blow from Miss Yamanaka, then woke up here...?" Kakashi asked, still somewhat confused.

"Yup. Yup. Yup. And that really hurt, too! But it was wicked funny!" the boy chuckled to himself, but cut short when yet another fist struck him in the head like a bell. You could even hear a ringing.

"Owwwww!!! What was that for!? Don't you think I've suffered enough blows to the head!? A kid can only take so many!" Naruto complained, jabbing a trembling finger at Kakashi, while rubbing the newly formed potato-sized bump on his head to ease the pain. Kakashi only shook his head in disappointment.

"Naruto, you can never learn from your mistakes, can you? No matter how many lectures or hits you take, you just never listen to anyone, do you? I'm surprised you can even feel those blows you get, since your head seems so much like steel." He turned around. "I still can't understand how I can even stand this kid...." he thought.

Something then struck Kakashi in his mind like a lightning bolt running through his brain. "I've heard about something like this before...ah!"

"Say, Naruto.....?"

Kakashi stopped, noticing the boy childishly sulking over the lump on his head, mumbling something he couldn't understand.

"Grrrr....yes, Master?"

"Where exactly did Miss Yamanaka hit you?" he asked rather discretely.

"Hmmm?" Naruto gave him a questioning look. "That's not hard to remember. Though it's kinda gettin hard to remember anything considering all the suckerpunches everyone's been giving me..."

He pointed at a small bump behind his right ear.

"You sure?"

"It's me your talking to, remember?"

"Can you?"

"Not sure. Too many blows."

Kakashi examined the bump closely, then nodding his head, stepping back. "Mm hmm. So that's it, eh?"

"What?"

"I think I know why this has happened to you."

"REALLY!? You're not joking? It's not a trick! You really know what's wrong with me!? Tell me!"

"It's a certain condition that's casually known as the MOC. I learned it from Tsunade."

"MOC....?"

"Memory Opposition Condition."

"Ooh! That kinda rhymes!" Kakashi began to slightly glare at him. He then raised his fist slowly. "Okay, okay, sorry." Naruto sighed. "But wait, what's the memory oppo...whatever-you-just-said?"

"It's a condition somewhat similiar to amnesia, when you've lost your memory. When someone is struck somewhere near the right ear, in the area where the memory bank of the brain is stored, it greatly affects the person's memory. You could either end up with amnesia or MOC."

"But, how would you specifically know which?"

"Simple. A person gets amnesia when they recieve a flat blow, like when falling on the ground or slammed on the wall. From the looks of it, it seems Miss Yamanaka struck you with the points of her knuckles; a pointed blow.
When someone is hit flat on the head, it does affect their memory, but only temporary at times. But when hit with something pointed at that specific area, it completely flip-flops their memory out of whack."

"You call THAT simple!?"

"Please, stay with me, Naruto." The boy made a loud "hmph."

"Well, basically, MOC is when everything that you remember is the exact opposite of how you remember it. One could even classify it as a 'backwards world.' "

"Ohhhhhh......" Naruto gave it some thought, even though it greatly hurt him in his head, but then he painstakenly thought of something.

"But wait a minute! If everything I remember is the opposite, then why are YOU still the same way I remember in reality? How am I supposed to get back to the world I know!?"

"Hmmmm...." Kakashi thought.

"If a person has a severe case of MOC, then after exploring it for a while in their mind, they can't seem to find one single thing that they remember is right; everything is the exact opposite. But if a person has a minor case, and finds at least one thing they remember that is the same, then they have an easier way of getting back to reality."

"Ah. I see. Then, what do I have to do in order to get back to Konoha?"

"You have to find a certain person and defeat him."

"Who?"

The man gave him a grim look. "Your opposite."

_______________________________________________________ ____________________

I know absolutely nothing about medics, but this is just something that just popped in my head. It seemed like a good idea to me. Anyway, I hope you liked it, and are looking forward to the next chapter. -silverfeather