Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Backwards World ❯ The Demon Within ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The Demon Within

Alright!! This is where you witness the final clash of Naruto and...uh...the other Naruto! What do you think may happen? Will Naruto annihilate his other? Will the other get away? Who knows? But you gotta read to find out! Be prepared. 'Cause one thing's for certain; it will be good!

______________________________________

The infuriated child growled with a bloodthirsty look in his savage eyes. The avarice in his voice was enough to tell the end of the world. The orange aura surrounding him was swirling around him like a hurricane feeding on the waves of his anger. It continued to grow as it glared menacingly at his supposed opposite.

The other Naruto stepped back a little, appearing to believe that he had probably pushed him a little too far. But he immediately tried to regain his composure, saying, "Ah, it seems that your true power has begun to surface. Good. It's about time I had a proper challenge."

Quickly and frighteningly gracefully, Naruto accelerated towards his counterpart with his malicious clawed nails and began to tear him apart. But his other's speed was equally as fast, and he dodged every one of his attacks on his body. However, he was unable to avoid his claws and his arms were badly cut and bleeding as a result.

Naruto let out a low growl of success. "Not so tough with your arms cut up, huh...?" he said shakily, his voice grunting like a rabid dog.

His other smirked, breathing heavily as he made quick handsigns and placed his hands around his arms. "Air Style! Art of the Silver Cloud; the Rain of Regeneration!" Suddenly, dark clouds began to form across the sky and a gentle rain poured around the boy. He did not even wince as the strange white raindrops soaked into his cuts, healing them, and washed away his blood. The clouds began to vanish, as well as all of the imposter's injuries.

"Now, you were saying?" he said as he shook off the water from his arms. Naruto roared with frustration and anger. He once again lunged at him. His other was, surprisingly, unprepared for his attack and he was sent flying to the ground as Naruto tackled him. He hit the ground rather harshly, wincing at a newly broken rib in his chest. Not taking any time to stall, Naruto ran towards him at breaking speed, picking him up by his jacket collar and holding him high in the air, readying a claw to scrape his face off. His other yelped as his rib pained him, throbbing. He coughed as he began to spit up blood.

"That's it," Naruto said, his mouth beginning to foam. "I'm gonna send you back to hell where you belong and get back home!"

"This is your home," his other said weakly as he held up a hand to graze his chest where his pain increased.

"Liar!! This isn't home! My home is much better than this!" he spat at him, smacking him across the face, leaving a large red scar on his cheek.

"Why is that?"

The boy growled.

"Because home is the place where I know everything is as it should be! Home is where I feel the most comfortable, safe, and happy! Home is where I know I can always find peace!

"And this isn't home! Not in one single way! Everything is mixed up, and I don't know what is what anymore!"

"But didn't you like any of the changes you noticed?"

"Yeah, I did at first! The girl I liked liked me back, the guy who was my rival was a total dork like I always thought he was, and my perverted sensei was straight! But then I began to notice how wrong it all felt! I for some odd reason began to miss all of those things that seemed so strange and yet so comforting in a way!"

While he spoke, Naruto began to calm down. His fangs began shrinking and his eyes began turning from a hellish red to a light blue. But he still held the injured imposter firmly in his hands.

"If I stayed here," he continued, "I don't think I'd ever be able to find happiness. No, my true happiness was with the people from that other place. The place where I was born, where I made friends, where I was a knucklehead who never gave up..."

After a few moments of silence, Naruto dropped the wounded boy to the ground as he sniffled. Tears began to bleed down his cheeks and fall. He couldn't help it. He wanted to go back so badly. Nothing seemed right here. Nothing was as it should be. He loved the world where he came from, and a better part of it that he considered really wasn't better. There was no better place, he thought. No better place than home.

"I'd give anything," he said finally, "To just be home..."

And with that, he had completely reverted to his normal form. His claws shrank to his regular nails and his growls turned into very quiet, almost unaudible sobs. He lifted an arm slowly and nearly weakly to cover his eyes, swimming in tears, drowning in his great desire to return home as it seemed further and further away from him.

His other arose, not wincing as his rib wound was forgotten. Naruto removed his arm to look him dead in the face. His other had a sad grin plastered on his face as he looked at his counterpart.

Naruto shuddered as he felt him gently rest his hands on his shoulders.

"You could always go home, Naruto. You had the power to go home all along." he told him reassuringly. The boy looked at him, dumbstruck.

"What did you say?"

"You could've gone home anytime you wanted to."

"But..how?" he choked, unable to believe it.

"I'll show you." his other said as he walked behind him.

"First, close your eyes," he told him quietly. Naruto did so.

"Next, click your heels three times." He did so.

"And say to yourself, 'There's no place like home.' "

Naruto repeated this over and over in a mantra. "There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home..."

After what seemed like an eternity, Naruto opened his eyes and found himself in the exact same place.

"What the hell!? Why am I still here!?" he turned and growled at him irritatingly. He only laughed and waved his hand around.

"I'm just kidding, I'm just kidding." he said, chuckling.

"Y'know, for my opposite, you're just like me." Naruto commented.

"Guess so. We're equal halves of a whole idiot."

"I guess that's a good thing."

Naruto laughed for a few minutes, then with a confused look on his face, asked, "How am I supposed to get home, then?" he asked.

His counterpart quickly pointed in front of Naruto, his face full of surprise. "Look! FREE RAMEN!!!" Naruto immediately flung his head towards the same direction, wondering if it was right.

Just then, he felt a quick but great pang of pain in the back of his head as he was struck with a hard fist.

Soon, all went black...

__________________________________

Please, please forgive me for updating so late. I put in this little gag cause I thought it was funny. Was it? Sure it was, duh! Now let's see what happens next!