Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ best friends 4ever ❯ Chapter 4: Age 3 IV: if that’s a lion… they what do you call a lion that lives in the sea? ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 4: Age 3 IV: if that's a lion… they what do you call a lion that lives in the sea?
 
Authors note: I had some many names for the chapter and I couldn't decide… so I did picked one with my eyes closed! IT WAS SO HARD TO PICK! Why? All the titles that I had written down fit this chapter.
 
It was early in the morning, Gaara was already up excited at the fact that he's going to the zoo with his friends and Temari, was eating slowly and Kankurou… well, he feel asleep in his breakfast. Temari had to wake him up several times and eventually gave up.
 
“I can't wait, to see the lions!” Gaara said, jumping up and down in his seat the table.
 
“Gaara, we do not jump on chairs at the table.
 
Did I mention that it was Saturday; Temari wished she had to go to work and she wished Kankurou got a job. But what can you do, when you have three old for a brother? No all they have to do is wait for the bra- I mean the other children to arrive at their house.
 
~*~2 hours later~*~
 
The first set of Children had arrived, of course Naruto was the first person to arrive followed by Shikamaru, Chouji and Kiba. All the adults wished them good luck and thanked them so much to be doing this. Then the rest came in packs, and the last one to come was Sasuke… always making a big entrance. Oh and Temari finally woke up Kankurou, from his sleep and in return got a very angry brother. After a lot of bickering, the group finally arrived at the zoo, today was the worst day... it was packed with people.
 
“Good job on making at day for the zoo!” Kankurou said, holding Gaara, Naruto and Sasuke (Shieka: Gaara and Naruto are on both sides of Kankurou and Sasuke is on the back).
 
“Be quite!” Temari mumbled to her self.
 
Its not going to be easy, the day just begun and already their getting stares from people. After about an hour of waiting to get in, They stood at the front gate, admiring the park's map. One of the employees, got angry at them for not moving out of the way, “ MOVE! THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE TRYING TO GET TO THE PARK!”
 
Temari and Kankurou scurried the children away to the first animal of the day. The first animal was the bald eagles… the group stared at the animal and the animal stared back.
 
“How do they get bald?” Kankurou asked.
 
Temari was about to say something, But Gaara got to it first, “ They lost their feathers on the head, from getting scared of looking at ugly people all day!” The rest of the group laughed.
 
Next they saw, the rhinos… and they stink.
 
“Why are they fat?” Lee asked.
 
“It's the armor they wear, it makes them look fat!” a zookeeper walks up to the group.
 
“Then they should loose all that armour! That's no way to live! Being all protective all the time!” Lee said, before moving towards Gaara.
 
Temari plugged her nose; she couldn't stand the smell and Kankurou breath in deep.
 
~*~ Hippo exhibit~*~
 
The children was pointing at the hippo and making fun of it. Temari was watching them too; Kankurou was gone to the bathroom.
 
“Big T, why are they so big?” Naruto asked.
 
“Their big because… ah… well their big!” Temari shrugged.
 
After the all the exhibits, the group moved on to the elephants, the children was pretending to be baby elephants and Temari was on the look out for Kankurou. Who still was not back yet. Chouji stood tall pounding the ground while he walked or as big he can get because his small kid. He was making the others laugh and causing some of them to fall over from laughter.
 
“I'm the leader, (makes an elephant sound)” Chouji said, with his arm in his face like a trunk.
 
“I'm another strong male! Taking over this herd (makes an elephant sound)” Kiba said.
 
“Not if I take over it first!” Gaara said.
 
All at once they charged at each other banging their heads against one another, falling backwards on to the ground. Naruto stood there, staring at them along with Sasuke and stated; “I guess I'm the leader now!”
 
“No, your not! I Am! I'm smart then you are!” Sasuke said, poking at Naruto.
 
“Yeah? Okay, then smart guy! What time does the keeper come to feed the animals?” Naruto asked.
 
“The elephants or other animals?” Sasuke asked.
 
“The elephants!” Naruto said.
 
Sasuke thought for a moment and smiled, “noon!”
 
“Ha, you're wrong!”
 
“No I'm not! The sign is right there!” Sasuke stated.
 
Naruto turned around to the sign… Sasuke was right; the sign read “NOON!” Sasuke smiled, “So I'm smarter, and then that means I'm the leader of this Herd!” Naruto pouted, and mumbled, “Who wants to be the leader of this stupid herd?”
 
Temari was still on the look out for Kankurou and sighed. He was still not back yet. “Alright kids, lets move on!”
 
“I want to see the Polar bears!” Gaara said, getting off the ground.
 
“NO! The sloths!” Shikamaru said.
 
“We saw the sloths! Already!” Kiba said.
 
“I like them!” Shikamaru said.
 
Instead of the other animals they saw the monkeys and once again the children were acting like monkeys and I'm really. Shikamaru and Kiba some how climbed up on the beams sporting the glass. Gaara, Sasuke and Naruto were chasing the other visitors, acting like monkeys. Temari was trying to control them, and still look out for Kankurou. (Phoenix: that's along bathroom break!)Chouji was stuffing his face with food that he took from a family. After about 45 minutes, Temari finally got them to settle down and guess who decided to show up… Kankurou.
 
`Where were you?” Temari asked.
 
“Do you realize how big this park is? I went to the hippos, you weren't there! I HAD TO ASK PEOPLE IF THEY SEEN YOU! And you know what… they asked me… what's the matter you can't control your wife and kids?” Kankurou said, out of breathing,
 
Everyone in the exhibit stared at them, the children were standing there mouths open … except for Chouji was still eating. “Sorry!” Temari said. Kankurou nodded.
 
~*~ Lunch time~*~
 
The group are eating their lunch at McDonalds… or tried to. Gaara was competing with Naruto and Sasuke on how fast they can eat there lunch. Shikamaru didn't want McDonalds and refuses to eat. Kiba lost his dog somewhere and was crying will he was eating. Chouji was eating everything at the table. Temari and Kankurou decided that they should see one more animal before heading home. It is late… and they are eating their lunch late all thanx to Chouji was picking. Guess what they chose… the lions.
 
Gaara was roaring at the lions, and the lions were roaring back scaring everyone around them. Naruto wanted to touch them; Temari had to hold him and was wiggling around in her arms. Shikamaru feel asleep in Kankurou's lap. Kiba finally found his dog. Sasuke didn't care about the lions and Chouji… ah... well he was sleep as well.
 
Gaara turned around; he looked at Sasuke and Naruto, before he looked back at the lions. Just then He got an idea and ran over to Temari, tapping her leg. “What is it, Gaara?” Temari asked, leaning in to Gaara trying not to drop Naruto. Gaara began whispering into Temari's ear, “Can we adopt Naruto or Sasuke?” Temari stared at the ground and smiled. “We'll see!” Gaara smiled and ran back to the lions. Kiba followed Gaara over to the lions, and was puzzled. “Hey! Gaara, if that's a lion… that what do you call a lion that lives in the sea?”
 
Gaara stared at him, thought and thought. “Um... I really don't know!” Kiba and Gaara tried to imagine a lion living in the sea. This is what they came up with… The head was of a lion with a mane, face of a cat and the back end was whale's tail. But the lion half ha paws and the back legs were fins. Kiba and Gaara both stared at each other, before breaking out in laughter.
 
~*~ End of the day~*~
 
They saw four more animals, instead of one. All he children were fast asleep in the car holding their souvenirs, Kankurou looked out of the side window and Temari was the driver. They finally reached home; the parents came to pick up the sleeping children. Naruto and Sasuke stayed over and were asleep in Gaara's bed along with Gaara. Temari told Kankurou, what Gaara said to her earlier and a smile spread across his face.
 
 
ALL RIGHT READERS, I …THEAUTHOR HAS A QUESTION TO ASK YOU. YOU DON'T HAVE TO ANSWER IT, BUT I WOULD LIKE AN ANSWER. IF YOU CHOOSE TO ANSWER PLEASE WRITE THE ANSWER TO MY EMAIL ADDRESS. OKAY HERE IS THE QUESTION:
 
 
WHO SHOULD GET ADOPTED?
 
NARUTO OR SASUKE OR BOTH