Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Bittersweet Blessings ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Prologue

The girl grasped her father's hand for dear life, it was her first day as an academy student.

“B-But don't make me go...pretty please?” she looked up at her father. He lent down to be at her eye level.

“Sorry kiddo but I can't do that.” he replied.

“Why?”

“Your mom has to get back to her missions and I have to work on my stuff, I'm a Hokage you know.”

“Yes sir.” she replied softly.

“Hey, if it makes you feel any better I'll take you out for raman afterwards.”

“YEAH! Okay! Bye-bye Daddy I'll see you after!” she said and ran into the building. It was October 10th a wonderful fall day. The little girl was Kimi Kazama and her father was the fourth Hokage. She didn't realize she wouldn't be seeing her father after school.

~ ~ ~

“Kakashi-niisan?” Kimi asked as the teenager, a boy of about thirteen came to get her instead of her father. He bore the familiar mask with his headband pulled over the eye. “Where's my daddy?”

“There were reports of a monster outside the village. I was told by Sensei to take you right home. Your mother went into labor.” Kakashi told her. The two walked to the Fourth Hokage's home she heard the sounds of the fight outside the village. She grasped at Kakashi's hand.

“I'm scared. What if Daddy doesn't come home?”

“He'll come back, trust me, your mother's giving birth to a kid, he has to worry about it.”

“O-Okay.”

~ ~ ~

It was around nine o'clock when Kimi heard the loud roar of the fox. Her mother had been in labor for quite awhile now. Before she knew it a whirl of things happened her mother gave birth to a baby boy and the monster was sealed into him. She was crying both her parents were dead. She held her little brother. She hated him, yet loved him to. She hated him because he cost her parent's their lives, yet she loved him because he was her kid brother.