Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Bleeding Delusion ❯ Luxury ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Luxury
---
It hurts only when I breathe.”
---
…And all he could see in the boy's naïve face was his teacher, his father; his mentor, his guide: his love.
Even with the eye that was capable of seeing what others could not, he did not know how to see past the image of blue against a blinding grin, tan meshed with obscenely bright yellow. A green flak jounin vest. Hokage's robes.
It was so wrong. So, so wrong. He knew it—they both knew it; teacher and student were not supposed to be in this sort of relationship. Such a close connection. Too intimate.
They were beckoning calamity to come.
…And it came too soon, too fast, crashing down upon them with the unbiased wrath of lightening. The chirping of a thousand birds and the crackling heat of electricity.
It came, hidden in the form of Missing-Nin Uchiha Sasuke. His betrayal left Naruto wide-eyed and barely lucid: Uchiha Sasuke, he feared, would be their tragic flaw.
The battle was fierce.
Yet when it was his chance to deliver the fatal blow, his chance to save them and salvage what he could, he could not. All he saw was the past.
And so the Copy-Nin fell—quickly, thudding heavily against the dusty ground. Eyes clenched in pain and red splattered around.
Nothing like the expected slow, deliberate, measured motion of tragedy.
And as Sasuke had raised his katana (memories overriding once again and irony leering in his ashen face) to do something that once again his teacher could not, bright yellow was obscuring his vision and wretchedly blue eyes were staring at him. Once again.
Flickering red for a moment—slit eyed, demon pupils. And then there was nothing.The luxury of pain was lost, and in the filthy, blood sodden clearing a scornful laughter rung heavily in the air, slicing his already battered heart to pieces.
…And everything fell into place.
---

References to Kazuya Minekura's poem ("...A scornful laugh and profanity for life...Losing the luxury of pain..." ) about death. If you want a copy...you could ask me? (e-mail me)...not that you would really want one, right? It appears on some of her artwork.
A/N: Okay, a couple things to explain about this piece (acutally, about all the pieces, but oh well. This one in particular, I think, has a lot of implied stuff and confusing crap.) I hope at least one of you was able to catch some of this...
First, the "...chirping of a thousand birds..." and that line would be the chidori. Second, the memories overriding and irony would be something like, Orochimaru killing Sandaime paralleling this. Do you see it? Orochimaru and Sasuke the two betrayer-students, Sandaime and Kakashi the teachers...(I should just shut up now) and finally, the thing that Sasuke did that Kakashi could not is kill the other, obviously, and the "again" is, well, Sasuke was able to save Naruto (Haku/Zabuza arc) and Kakashi is not. Foreshadowing in a short moment.
Thanks for reading!
Top of Form
 
Bottom of Form