Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Bloodthirsty - Friendship ❯ A long trip ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello there! I'm new at writting Naruto fics, and I hope I'm able to keep everyone in character, although that might be a little hard. Enjoy the ride!

Summary: The new Chuunin selection exam is comming up, but before that Naruto wants to help Gaara at changing his habits, and getting him some friends, and hopefully, help him develop the bounds he has with his family and the whole village. But what can Naruto do to help him? Since he is also an oucast at his own village.

Pairing: No Shonen-ai (sorry). Shikimaru+Ino, Sasuke+Sakura, Naruto+Hinata, Chouji+ ... (not telling!), Neiji+TenTen, and lots of friendship.

Genre: Comedy, General.

Rate: PG-13 (for some cursing)

Spoilers: Mmm... Yeah I guess it has. If you haven't seen through Tsunade's saga, STOP or you might not get some stuffs. But, it doesn't really have that many spoilers, I think!

Disclaimer: I don't anything related to Naruto. Although I'd sure like that.

Bloodthirsty - Friendship

*By: NightAngel*

Chapter 1: "A long trip ..."

"Iruka-sensei!" - an hyperactive teen with spicky hair and blue eyes called out to his former teacher, entering the now empty classroom.

"Hello there Naruto-kun. You seem pretty happy." - the teacher smiled at the boy, who by now had a foxy grin in his face.

"Ne, Iruka-sensei, trade me to some ramen and I'll tell you the big news." - Naruto asked cutely.

Iruka laughed. - "I already know about the new chuunin selection exam." - the teen lost his smile, and then yelled with all his might.

"How the hell is that possible?" - Iruka had to block his ears before they exploded from the loud scream.

"I'm a teacher and we are supposed to know that kind of things." - he said kindly.

"Damn! I just lost my opurtunity to eat ramen for free." - Iruka laughed.

"Tell you what. You help me clean the classroom and then we'll go to the ramen stand. How's that?"

"Hurray! Let's clean this shitty classroom and then eat ramen." - the teen started jumping around with happiness.

"Mind your language Naruto." - the teacher warned, although he was not one little bit disturbed. He liked seeing the boy happy.

****************************************************

Half an hour late, at the ramen stand:

"Oji-san (don't know if that's how you writte it). Where's my ramen?" - Naruto asked for the fourth time in the last two minutes.

"Calm down will 'ya. We asked for it three minutes ago. It takes time to be prepared." - Iruka stated.

"Mou ... I'm hungry." - the boy pounted.

"So? When are you guys leaving for the sand country?"

"Damn. You also know that this time it's going to be in the Hidden Sand Village?" - Naruto asked furious. And there he was, thinking he had news for his former teacher, when it seemed that his teacher knew even more than him.

"Of course. Each time the examn takes place at different hidden villages. This time it's Hidden Sand, and six months from now it will be in Hidden Mist." - Iruka said with a smile, seeing the annoyance in his companion.

"Mou, I don't care where it will be next. I'll definitly come back a chuunin." - the boy said with a grin.

"I'm sure you will" - Iruka reassured.

"Here 'ya go.Two bowls of ramen." - the owner of the stand placed two bowls down in front of his two famished clients.

"Arigatou Oji-san." - the old men smiled and disappeared into the kitchen, to prepare more ramen for the hungry teen.

"So? When are you leaving?" - the teacher asked once again.

"Mmmm...." - Naruto swallowed his ramen quickly and then answered. - "In three days. We're going in four groups of four genin teams each. Hokage's rules." - Iruka watched amused as Naruto scowled. - "That old hag Tsunade."

"NARUTO!" - Iruka yelled perplexed.

"What? She is an old hag, although she seems to be in her early thirties." - he said matter-of-factly.

"Even though. She is the new Hokage and thus deserves respect." - Iruka yelled.

"Whatever. She still is an old hag."

*WHACK* - before he knew it, Iruka had whacked him across the head.

"Au! That hurts sensei." - the boy whined.

"Suits you well." - he scowled.

"Mou ..." - Iruka smiled despite himself. He could never get mad at the teen.

"Naruto." - he called out, getting the attencion of the blonde boy. - "Good luck!" - they smiled at each other and hapilly ate a few more cups of ramen.

****************************************************

Three days after, at 7 a.m.:

"He is already an hour late!" - Kurenai said exhasperetly.

"Figures." - Azuma said, smocking yet another cigaratte.

Four teams of genins, waited *impantiantly* for the arrival of one single sensei, who had the bad habit of always being late.

"Is he always like this?" - Ino asked her friend and rival, Sakura.

"You can't even imagine." - Sakura was already fuming. She hated to wait for her sensei, and there she was thinking that today, for the first time in history, he would actually be on time.

"Do you think Gai-sensei found him?" - TenTen asked her teammates Neiji and Lee.

"Of course he did. Gai-sensei must be kicking his ass for being late, at this very moment." - Lee said, shining with proud for his teacher.

"Pft." - was Neiji's only reply.

The twelve genins and their respective senseis were getting very, very frustrated.

Ino's, Kiba's, Neiji's and Naruto's teams had to get up at 5 a.m., so as not to be late, seing as they were supposed to start heading for the Hidden Sand Village at 6 a.m.

But unfortuntly one of the teachers decided he didn't have to get up so early, so Gai-sensei had decided to go look for the late-bum. Although that was 20 minutes ago, and still no news from any of the two senseis.

Suddenly a column of smoke appeared. And soon enough, from within the smoke appeared the all-so-late Kakashi-sensei. He raised a hand in the air and smiled through his mask. - "Good morning everyone. Sorry I was late but there was this bird that fell from a tree and broke a wing ..."

"LIAR!" - Gai-sensei appeared from yet another column of smoke and kicked Kakashi square on the ass, sending a flying juunin through the air. - "He was snoring so loud that I had to put eardrums just to be able to get inside the house." - the students were all wide-mouthed, just as the remaining senseis.

"Kakashi, can't you be a little more responsible for once in your life?" - Kurenai said, massaging her tempers, with the starts of a headache.

"That's right Kakashi-sensei. And you call yourself a genius. You can't even saty in track of time." - Naruto yelled.

"I said I was sorry. The thing about the bird happened late in the night and so I got tired and .." - he was once again interrupted.

"LIAR!!!" - every single genin yelled at once.

"Alright. Then lets not lose one more minute. Fallow me!" - he started walking ahead of everyone, ignoring the death stares flaming towards his back.

"Who ever said you're in charge?" - Gai, Kurenai and Azuma asked at the same time. Kakashi smiled.

"Who ever said I wasn't?" - and he sped up his pace a little. The other senseis sighed. This was going to be a long trip.

Ah! The end of the first chapter, which is just a short introduction. Hope you liked it, and please review. Forgive my grammar mistake, I'm not english.

The next chapter will be up two or three days from now. See 'ya.

***

{NightAngel}