Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Bloodthirsty - Friendship ❯ Kakashi's book ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Oi! Here I come again! I want to thank everyone that reviewed. You're the best! Hopefully this chapter will be longer, or at least I expect it to be. Please note that this story came from my troubled mind, so it is not supposed to make all that sense. Enjoy!

Note: Lee has undergone surgery and it was 100% successful. In this fic, I whiped out and ignored the fact that Sasuke left the village with the Sound nins. (It would ruin it)

Summary: The new Chuunin selection exam is comming up, but before that Naruto wants to help Gaara at changing his habits, and getting him some friends, and hopefully, help him develop the bounds he has with his family and the whole village. But what can Naruto do to help him? Since he is also an oucast at his own village. But of course, first he has to arrive safely to Hidden Sand Village. :)

Pairing: No Shonen-ai (sorry). Shikimaru+Ino, Sasuke+Sakura, Naruto+Hinata, Chouji+ ... (not telling!), Neiji+TenTen, and lots of friendship.

Genre: Comedy, General.

Rate: PG-13 (for some cursing)

Spoilers: Mmm... Yeah I guess it has. If you haven't seen through Tsunade's saga, STOP or you might not get some stuffs. But, it doesn't really have that many spoilers, I think!

Disclaimer: I don't own anything related to Naruto. Although I'd sure like that.

Bloodthirsty - Friendship

*By: NightAngel*

Chapter 2: "Kakashi's book"

"When are we going to stop for lunch?" - Chouji asked, stuffing yet another chip into his mouth.

"Why do you care? You've been eating during all the trip." - Kiba said annoyed.

"These are just snacks. I want to stop to be able to have at least a half decent meal." - Chouji said annoyed.

"He is right Kiba-kun. I'm really hungry." - Hinata said timidly.

*Grrrr* someone's, or better, everyone's stomach growled. They had been walking for eight hours straight, without stopping to rest or even to have a meal.

"It's already late. Aren't we going to stop sensei." - Lee asked Gai.

"Yeah, we should definitely stop! Kakashi, let go of that dirty book of yours and stop for a sec, will 'ya." - Gai yelled at the other juunin who was getting away, too absorbed in his readings.

"Now, let's assign the chores. My team will go look for water. Azuma's will go look for food. Gai's for wood and Kakashi's will be setting traps so that we don't get uninvited guests during our meal. Now go!" - Kurenai yelled, and all the genins left in a flash to do their chores.

*************************************************

"Hey! Did you guys see that Kakashi? What the hell was in that book? He seemed to be drown into it or something. It was scary some times." - Kiba asked while they jumped from tree to tree, in search for water.

"I don't know Kiba-kun, but maybe we shouldn't wonder much about it." - Hinata stammered while blushing madly.

"You used Byukugan to see?" - the ususally quiet Shino asked curious.

"Really Hinata? I didn't knew you had it in you. Way'ra go!" - Kiba said joifully.

"Well ... mh..." - Hinata stammered once again.

"What was it? What was it?" - Kiba asked excitedly as they stopped in a random branch.

"Come on Hinata. Even I am curious now." - Shino asked, a little too eagerly for his own taste.

"Yeah spill it out!" - Akamaru barked happily.

"Well, you guys won't believe it but ..."

*************************************************

"Damn I'm bored!" - Shikimaru yamned loudly as he followed his teammates, carrying a dead animal (yeah, I'm not in the mood to put the name of the animal. Use your imagination) on his back.

"Did you guys spot the drool that Kakashi-sensei was producing? What the hell was that book about anyway?" - Ino asked suspiciously.

"If it has nothing to do with food I don't care." -Chouji stated out of boredom.

"You guys are so lame. Did you see the face in Kurenai-sensei when she got a closer look at it?" - Ino intrigued.

"Yeah, she yelled her head off, fainted and when she woke up she was blushing madly and muttering something about perverted senseis and their stupid books not made for youngsters." - Shikimaru pointed out.

"Wow! In a minute you said more than you usually do in a whole day. Besides of course, your annoying complains about being bored." - Ino sighed. - "I really wanted to know what's on that book." - she yelled out, even surprising her teammates.

"I bet I know!" - Shikimaru stated unitersted at all.

"What, what? Tell me!" - Ino asked.

"Not telling!" - he stated, bored again.

"That's Shikimaru for you!" - Chouji said while eating another snack.

"Tell me now or you'll die!" - Ino yelled while grabbing Shikimaru's neck in a tight grip.

"Like if I'm ever scared." - he yamned.

Ino decided to use another tactic, which by her standards was far more accuratte. She realesed her hair from the tight bun it was in, letting it flow freely around her head, and with a sexy look in her face, and batling her eyelishes at her companion, she tried again. - "Just please tell me, *Shikimaru-kun*."

Shikimaru sweatdropped. Not sexy Ino. - "Ino that never worked with me, and it won't be now that you don't even have long hair, that I'll fall for your sexyness." - Ino went ballistic.

"GODDAMIT, just tell me the info. NOW." - Shikimaru could see flames in her eyes, and, not being in the mood to be killed, he decided to answer.

"Alright! Don't make such a fuss. The damn book isn't even worth it. It's simply a book ..."

*************************************************

"Neiji, let's compete." - Lee aimed a finger at his teammate, that seemed not to mind him at all. - "I'm talking to you dammit!" - TenTen shock her head. This happened every day.

"Lee, stop saying nonsenses and start collecting wood." - Neiji ordered. Lee gritted his teeth. Neiji was always so bossy. (No I don't have anything against Neiji, I'm just trying to keep them in character here).

"Neiji I chanlenge you in a wood colleting contest. If I lose I promisse to carry all the wood back to the camp, including TenTen's." - Lee spated out, giving up was never part of his vocabulary.

"And what would I have to do if I lose? Not that I ever do or ever will, but just out of curiosity." - TenTen almost hit her head against a tree when she saw the grin in Neiji's face. One that only she saw and that Lee never knew Neiji made whenever he came up with some stupid chalenge. Neiji actually enjoyed doing this kind of stuff.

"If you loose you'll have to tell everyone that I'm stronger, smarter and more handsome than you." - Lee said happily and confidently.

"And you actually think anyone would belive that? Especially the handsome part." - Neiji said with a smirk.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" - Lee yelled out of anger.

"Calm down you guys. Lets just collect the wood and head back without any fuss, alright. Neiji-kun please stop teasing Lee-kun." - TenTen, the peace-maker.

"Sorry TenTen. She's right Lee. Quit the stupid chalenges and help us collect the wood. Although I would be very pleased to see you carry all the wood back. Now that would be a great sight." - Neiji smiled.

"Neiji-kun stop please!" - TenTen sweatdropped and she watched Lee's flaming figure in front of them. - "Lee-kun calm down."

"He's insulted me again. How am I supposed to stay calm TenTen?" - he pointed a finger at Neiji and stated in a threatning voice. - "Writte my words. Sooner than you think I will defeat you an you will kiss my feet and worship my greatness, or my name isn't Rock Lee." - TenTen was shocked and Neiji could barelly contain his laugh as they continued collecting the wood.

"Hey, you guys!" - TenTen decided to start a conversation, trying to avoid the eternal conflict between her two teammates. - "What was that book that Kakashi-sensei kept on reading?" - she picked up yet another piece of wood that was not humid, because it would be impossible to light it up if it was.

"Don't know. But Gai-sensei seemed intersted in it also. Maybe it's a book about ninja techniques or something." - Lee said calmly.

"Yeah, that's probably it." - They continued on, but a little further TenTen stopped when she noticed Neiji had stopped. - "Something's wrong Neiji-kun?" - She asked her teammate that had stopped dead on his tracks, like if he was deep in thoughts.

Suddenly the boy snapped out of his transe. - "Hugh?" - seemed like he hadn't even heard TenTen's last question. Neiji looked at TenTen and was surprised to see her blush.

"Neiji-kun ... you're blushing." - at that, Neiji blushed even more, and as to dismiss the fact, he started catching more wood. Lee, by now was laughing his head of.

TenTen had never seen Neiji blush before and that was why she also blushed when she saw his *cute* face. But she was way to curious to why her teammate had blushed like that. Then she remembered he had stopped walking when they were talking about Kakashi's book.

"Neiji-kun!" - she called out for him, and he immediatly looked up from what he was doing.

"Yeah?" - was his short reply.

"Do you know anything about that book Kakashi-sensei was reading? Was that why you blushed?" - she asked innocently.

«Damn TenTen, why did you have to ask?» - Neiji thought, but he couldn't avoid the blush that crept across his cheeks. Lee and TenTen exchanged glances.

"Tell us Neiji." - Lee eagerly asked.

"Tell you what? Just keep gathering wood ok. We have to get back soon." - Neiji tried to avoid the subject, but to no avail, his teammates awaited an answer patiently. - "Alright, but afterwards don't tell me I didn't warn you." - he warned out.

"So, what's that book all about?" - Lee asked curious.

"Well, it's ... a book about ..."

*************************************************

"UuuuuuAaaaaaa Hhhhhhhh!" - Naruto yelled as he fell, yet, into another trap they had set earlier.

Sakura and Sasuke sweatdropped. How dumb could one be.

"Are you stupid or what? It's the fifth, FIFTH time you fall into the very same trap." - Sakura yelled annoyed.

"Sakura-chan please help me down." - Naruto whined out.

"NO! You are a shinobi, so help yourself out of that mess." - she turned away, leaving a whining Naruto with his foot tied in a rope high on a tree, upside down.

"Sakura-chaaaaaannnn, don't leave me here to die!" - he kept on calling for help and throwing some tantrums, until his forever rival came to sight.

"You're really a dobe, dobe!" - Sasuke smirked, while completly ignoring Naruto's cursings and constant calls for help.

"Help me down you jackass." - Sasuke just kept on ignoring the loud mouthed. - "Don't ignore me you stupid moron. Get me out of here!"

"And why would I do that? It's not like I'll miss you or anything, dobe!" - he smiled despite himself. How he loved to torture his teammate.

"You asshole, if I stay here much longer I'll die. Get me down now, or Kakashi-sensei will have your head for this, you hear me. Get me down Sasuke."

"Ah! You gotta be jocking. Who the hell would miss 'ya dobe? Everyone sees you as an annoying brat. I actually think people would thank me if I actually let you hang in there till you died." - Sasuke was so annoyed at his constant yelling that he only noticed what he had said when it was already a little too late.

He gulped hard. It was true he thouht Naruto was all-too-annoying, but he also knew that Naruto's greatest goal was to be noticed, to be wanted, to be missed. For a moment he felt bad. He probably had just hit Naruto where it hurted the most. He noticed Naruto had been quiet and the tangling sensation in his chest felt like a million knifes. He had just hurt his teammate more than he ever wanted too. Truth was that despite their constant rivaliry they had become almost as big friends. Only it was friends that wanted to bite each others head off, but still friends. Friends that would die for one another. Had he just ruined all of that?

He wanted to say something. He wanted to turn around and smile, like if everything he had said was just a meere joke, but somehow he knew that wouldn't work out. What could he say now. Would anything rise Naruto's spirit now? Well, he had to try anyway.

So he gathered all his strength, crushing his pride at least for once, and turned around with a smile and his eyes closed. - "Yo dobe! Did the blood drown your brains already. You suddenly turned quiet, that's so unlique you." - when he opened his eyes he almost yelled. Naruto was still tied up but was now laying limp, eyes closed and all.

Panicking, Sasuke gathered his chakra to his feet and climbed up the tree, taking a kunai and cutting the rope that was kepping Naruto hanging up. He caught the other boy's body in mid air and carried him to the ground. When he reached the floor, he started shaking Naruto's body. - "Wake up you dobe. Wake the hell up or I'll ..." - Damn. He was going to say "Kill you" but if was already dead that would mean nothing. - "Wake up you total moron." - Sasuke shaked him even more, but to no avail. Naruto didn't even shift. - "Listen dobe, I was just kidding, of course Kakashi-sensei will miss you. Iruka-sensei, Sakura, Hinata, Tsunade, Jiraya, lots of people will miss you." - now he shaked even more. - "So don't you die on me, dead-last!" - Sasuke yelled on the top of his lungs.

Naruto's eyes snapped open, and a grin lingered in his lips. - "You fell for it! Muah!" - Naruto started laughing his head off, while Sasuke just stared, trying to get the information into his brains.

Had Naruto just pretended to die, just to be able to scare the hell out of him?

He watched as the dobe rolled over the floor with laughter. Oh! He was so dead!

Naruto stopped laughing and rolling when he sensed something was wrong. Too much silence he thought. When he looked up, he couldn't help but gulp very, very hard. Sasuke was burning so much that Naruto could fell the heat he was emmanating.

"Ah! Naruto you're down already. About time. See if you don't fall into another trap." - Sakura had come back from seting another trap, and at first didn't notice the change in Sasuke (which is quite strange right? She always sees only Sasuke :) ). When she looked up and saw flaming Sasuke, ready to kill Naruto she was way too shocked to even move.

"Sakura-chan ..." - Naruto started. - " ... RUN!" - Naruto ad Sakura started running away, with Heated Sasuke fallowing close behind.

Sakura was yelling her head off, along with Naruto. - "What the hell did you do while I was out, stupid Naruto?"

"I did nothing! He's the one who gets heated up for the smallest of things." - Naruto yelled back, running as fast as he managed. - "AU!" - he whined when he felt a flame burn his back." - "Sasuke you dick! That hurts like hell." - at that, Sasuke burned even more and seemed to start running faster. Naruto yelled and grabbed Sakura's hand, starting to run faster and taking her off with him.

*************************************************

Azuma let out the smoke of the cigaratte, right into Kurenai's face, which owned him a kunai next to his neck. - "What the hell do you think you're doing? Do that once more and you're a dead man." - Kurenai hated the smoke of cigarattes and Azuma knew it all too well.

"Hey, you back already? Did you find water?" - Gai asked when he saw the approaching Kiba, Hinata and Shino.

"Yeah! It was way to easy with Akamaru's help." - Kiba stated as they placed down the bottles filled with water. - "The others aren't back yet?" - Akamaru barked.

"Nope! Oh wait. My team's here already." - soon after, Lee, TenTen and Neiji landed near them, arms filled with wood. The one that brought the greatest ammount was Lee that, as usually had made up a stupid rule for catching wood.

"We think it's enough, right?" - TenTen asked her sensei.

"Yup! More than we need actually, since Lee-kun decided to bring the whole forest on his back." - Kurenai stated.

"Lee, you're my proud shinobi." - Gai and Lee hugged each other, and Kiba commented that the gest seemed a little faggy. (Au! That hurts, since I love Lee-kun. Forgive me Lee)

"Au! Ino! Au! Stop it! Au! Goddamit! Au! Ino stop already! AU!" - Chouji, Shikimaru and Ino joined in. Chouji was eating snacks, as usual. And Ino was having a good time pulling Shikimaru's hair off. As she said, it was the payback for having talked bad about her short hair, and of course, for resisting Sexy Ino.

"Wow! Big animal you bring there Shikimaru. Good job you three." - Azuma said proudly.

"Yeah, yeah! AU! STOP IT NOW INO!" - Shikimaru yelled, which is something so not shikimaru-ish. Ino gigled.

"I hope you have learned your lesson. Never ever resist Sexy Ino again. You hear me Shikimaru?" - evryone sweatdropped.

"Yeah, whatever." - he had to agree, or before dawn he would be hairless.

"Good!" - she said with a smile, before going for a bottle of water. Boy, was she thristy. - "May I?" - she asked Hinata, since her team had been the one to go for the water.

"Of course you can Ino-chan." - Hinata said timidly.

"Thank you!" - Ino drank half the bottle and was satisfied.

"Give me that!" - Shikimaru said oh-so-bossly.

"What was that?" - Ino asked threatningly.

"Please!" - Shikimaru said annoyed.

"Better!" - Ino handed him the half-empty bottle and he drank it all at once.

The three teams of genins and the four senseis were surprised by a curious sound, that seemes close to a tornado, but there was never something as a tornado on the leaf country. That alarmed them and they all picked up their belongings and got into battle stance, ready for the upcoming attack.

"Fire flower no jutso" - they heard someone yell. Soon enough, flames came flying from everywhere, and they had to use their agility to escape them.

"Wait a minute, I know that jutsu." - Kakashi talked for the first time since they left the Hidden Leaf Village.

"WwwwwwwwwwAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" - They saw a flash of Naruto and Sakura pass by, but they didn't even have time to record any of it before they saw flaming, furious Sasuke coming at high speed towards them, and preparing yet another flamable attack.

"Run for your lives!" - Kiba yelled. All of them started running, right on time to escape the flames.

The senseis approached Naruto and Sakura from behind. - "What the hell is going in here?" - Gai asked confused.

"Has Orochimaru taken full control of Sasuke?" - Kakashi asked worriedly.

"The only thing that has gotten control of that dumbass was his hate for me! Au!" - yet another flame hit Naruto's ass. - "You're gonna pay for that one Sasuke bastard." - but he kept on running.

"You mean he is burning the whole forest beacuse you two had yet another fight?" - Kakishi asked surprised.

"Something like that ... yeah!" - Naruto gigled.

Kakashi stopped running and faced Sasuke. The rest of them stopped quite after.

"Sasuke stop right this instant." - Sasuke didn't seem to hear his sensei and he used yet again, fire flower no jutsu. The genins gasped as they saw the flames go to Kakashi, who jumped out of the way at the lat moment. But whata made them gasp again was the sight of of what fell from Kakashi's pocket and got burned by one of the flames.

They all froze. Even Sasuke got back to normal. Kakashi was white.

There, in the floor, layed his marvellous, perverted and burned Icha Icha Paradise. - "You ... you ... BURNED MY ICHA ICHA PARADISE!" - Kakashi yelled out in anger.

" ... Ups!" - Sasuke said, laughing nervously.

"UPS?" - everyone stared blankly as they saw Kakashi go flamable (that's contagious!:)). - "You burn my precious book and all you have to say is UPS? You're gonna pay for that Sasuke-kun." - before Sasuke could even blink, Kakashi disappereared, just to appear behind him almost immediatly.

And before anyone could register that, Kakashi used Hidden Leaf's Ancient Taijutsu Supreme Technique. - "A 1,000 YEARS OF PAIN"

"GYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" - (Autch! That has got to hurt! Personally, I think that is his best technique, I still laugh my head off each time I see it.) The genins and the senseis were all dumb at that. Naruto was fallowing Sasuke's 'flight' through the sky, very amused. And Sakura was throwing tantrums at her sensei, for permanently damaging her Sasuke-kun, and hoped he wouldn't get used to it (AU! Naughty!).

"That ... is the lamest excuse for a technique that I ever saw in my entire life!" - Neiji stated.

"Super agree." - the remaining said, still dumbfounded.

"Sasuke-Kuuuuuuuunnnnnnn!" - Sakura ran to his aid.

"Ah!" - they all looked up at Kakashi, that was less flamable by now. - "Now that felt good. I hope he learned his lesson. No one burns my Icha Ich Paradise!" - they all gulped at once. Burned up Kaskashi was scary. - "Now I'll have to buy a new one when we arrive to the next village." - Kakashi cleaned the dirt from his suit and smiled. They all sweatdropped.

"Well, let's get back to campus, and hope our food isn't burned, our wood wasted, and our water evaporated." - Azuma sighed.

"Yeah!" - Kurenai sighed also, and they started walking when they heard Sakura carrying Sasuke, which by the way had turned blue.

"I told you guys that it hurted like hell." - Naruto stated matter-of-factly.

"I don't think I'll be able to stand up on my own for the next 24 hours." - now Sasuke was purple.

"Hey, I got up in 40 seconds." - Naruto grinned. - "That means I'm stronger!"

"Like hell!" - like a miracle, Sasuke got up on his own, although on the back of his head (and the other back too) he was cursing at Naruto. Damn, that hurted, but there was no way in hell he would let Naruto win over him.

"HOLLY SHIT!" - the three genins looked up, to see all the others staring at something that was burned on the floor in front of them.

"What's wrong, Kakashi-sensei?" - it was then that they saw what was on the floor, and they gasped.

A baby tiger had been completly burned, probably by one of Sasuke's missing flames. Now that meant real trouble. The baby tiger was the size of a normal human beeing, so imagine the size of the parents.

"Let's get out of here fast. Forget about the damn food." - Kurenai stammered quickly.

"Hell yeah." - Naruto gulped.

"MOVE!" - Azuma yelled as they started running fast, towards the same path they had came from.

"We have to move fast and get the furthest away from the incident spot as soon as possible. If the parents sense our presence, they'll hunt us to hell and bellow." - Gai said from the front.

"This is all your fault, stupid Sasuke!" - Naruto yelled from the top of his lungs.

"My fault? It was your ..." - Sasuke cut the statement in half, which startled everyone, making them stop. Sasuke was looking at their right, as if he had just seen a ghost. - "THE WHOLE HELL HAS BROKEN LOOSE!"

"RUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNN!" - They were wrong. Not only were the parents mad and out for their heads, the whole pack of giant tigers had come to join the party, and they were right after them.

"Will it be of any use if we apologise?" - Kakshi asked.

"OF COURSE NOT!" - they all yelled at once, running like they had never before in their short lives.

"I'm too young to die!" - Ino yelled out.

"Aren't we all!" - Shikimaru stated, annoyed, but no longer bored. (How could he anyway. He's being chased by giant tigers ready to bite his head off.)

And they kept on running, because facing the beats was not an option.

*************************************************

Azuma, Kurenai, Kakashi and Gai had their hands on their knees, as they bend forward, trying to cathch their breath.

Neiji, TenTern, Lee, Hinata, Sasuke and Shino had their backs on a tree, trying to do the same as their teachers.

And Ino, Sakura, Shikimaru, Chouji and Naruto were laying back on the floor, also trying to catch their breath and recovering from the endless ammount of hours they had been running.

A couple of minutes ago, the pack had finally lost track of them, or given up after such a long pursuit. The shinobis were already half dead, and most of them was questioning themselves on how had they managed to run that long. The sun was already starting to appear from behind the hills, which meant they had run all the previous afternoon and all the night too, which meant about FORTEEN hours of straight run for their lifes. That had got to be a record. (Hey, when you're running for your lifes you find strength that you didn't even knew you possessed. And although it's almost impossible to run for that long ... they are shinobis right?)

Suddenly a big *GgggggggggRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr* was heard.

They all let out a big "Hugh ..........". They had not eaten anything for about 24 hours now.

"I can't move anymore, but I'm so damn hungry." - Naruto stated calmly, due to the hungriness.

"Agreed!" - most of the genins said.

"Hey senseis? You're responsible for our safety, so go look for food." - Shikimaru stated.

"Like hell we will. We're as tired as any of you." - Azuma then fell hard on the floor. Boy, was he tired!

"Agreed!" - the senseis said.

"Damn!" - Kiba sighed and then smelled something. - "FOOD!" - all of them got up in a flash.

"What? Where?" - They all asked eagerly.

"Fallow me." - they started running behind Kiba, although their legs were screaming *Stop*. But it was food, and they needed it, even if they had to run for a little longer.

"Uh?" - Was the same thing everyone muttered when they reached a village, surrounded by high walls, gates closed.

"But this is the Hidden Sand Village!" - Azuma stated dumbfounded.

"How the hell did we get here so fast?" - Gai asked as he looked around.

"Hey, who comes there?" - they all looked above, to see a gate guard.

Kakashi raised a hand in the air and spoke happily. - "We came from the Hidden Leaf Village to participate on the Chuunin Selection Examn." - They watched amused as the guard raised a brow.

"You're three days earlier?" - they all laughed nervously.

"Well, something happened and it made us move a little faster." - Kakashi said nervously.

"A little? I'd say you ran your way up here. But never mind. Welcome to Hidden Sand Village." - the guests to the village bowed their heads and said their thanks, before the guard demanded that the gates were opened.

As soon as they saw the gates open, they ran inside the village with all their remaining strength. - "Weird ..." - the guard muttered, but soon dismissed the ocurrence.

"We have to find a restaurant ... and fast." - Gai yelled. So when they saw a big shiny plaque with the word RESTAURANT, they ran in without hesitation.

"PLEASE BRING US FOOD!" - they all yelled, once they sat down.

"Wow! We have hungry custumers today. What will it be?" - a beautiful waitress asked kindly.

"Whatever cames faster!" - Kurenai stated.

"Well we just opened, but the quickest thing is ramen."

"BRING US THE RAMEN!" - the genins yelled out.

"Ramen then ..." - she left in a hurry into the kitchen.

Soon enough she came out with a couple of ramen cups and served one at a time, laughing lightly when she heard the shinobi's stomachs growl loudly.

"Thank you!" - they all said to the kind waitress.

"You're welcome! Enjoy your meals." -

"We will for sure." - Kiba said quickly before devouring his ramen.

...

80 bowls of ramen after: (Eek! That's five bowls to each ...)

"Ah! I was never so happy to eat ramen." - Gai said happily.

"Yep! Now let's find an hotel or something. I'm dead tired." - Azuma yamned loudly and everyone agreed.

"There's one." - TenTen aimed at a big hotel to their left.

"Let's go." - before they knew it, they were all running into the hotel, startling the men that was at the reception.

"Good morning!" - they said politely.

"Good morning. How may I help you?" - the old men asked kindly.

"We need four triple rooms and four single rooms please." - Kurenai stated.

"Yes madame." - he turned around to grab four pairs of keys. - "Here you go. These are the single room keys, and these are the triple room keys. Each room has an individual bathroom, we serve breakfast from 5 to 11 a.m., lunch from 12 a.m. to 4 p.m. and dinner from 6 p.m. till midnight."

"Arigatou gozaimasu!" - they bowed and started up the stairs in a flash. The old men smiled warmly.

...

"Here 'ya go! Behave you three, and Sasuke, try not to burn anything!" - Kakashi said as he handed them the key to the room.

"I'm not crazy enough for that." - Sasuke said blushing.

"Why triple rooms? Why do I have to share the room with Ino? She is so going to try and kill me in the middle of the night." -Shikimaru said annoyed, before Ino tried to strangle him once again.

"Ino, stop that please. You three are teammates, you have to get used to sleep on the same room. Now behave." - Azuma said before letting out another cloud of smoke, from between his lips. - "Go!" - he ordered, and watched his team get inside, before going to his own private room. Beeing a sensei had it's good points.

*************************************************

That afternoon, 2.30 p.m.:

"Ah!" - Naruto woke up lasily. - "Men! I wanted to sleep a little longer!" - and he covered his head with the sheets, but to no avail. He wasn't one little sleepy.

He sat up quicly and looked around the room. They were so tired that they jumped in the bed and fell asleep almost immediattly. Sasuke didn't even get into the trouble of going under the sheets. Sakura on the other hand seemed to be sleeping very peacefully, judging by the great smile on her lips. Probably was dreaming of Sasuke.

Naruto smiled. It was long since he had decided to give up on Sakura. She had proved to him that she really was deeply in love with Sasuke, and only the dumbass seemed not to notice it. Actually Naruto had been angry with his rival quite some times because of that. How was it possible that by now he had yet to notice how much Sakura loved him. And they said he was the stupid one.

Naruto jumped off the bed and into the bathroom, he took a quick shower and decided to go for a walk, leaving a note in Sakura's hand, just in case they wondered where he was.

He sang his way into the hall and down the stairs. The old man at the reception smiled and waved at him, as he passed, singing happily.

He watched everyone going on with their simple lives and felt a little bit more happy. At least on this village no one ran from him or scowled him.

*BUMP* - lost in lalaland as he was, he bumped into someone and fell hard on the ground.

"Autch! Sorry there. My fault!" - he said while massaging the back of his head.

"Oh My God! It's him! Run kid!" - Naruto looked around, seing the fear in everyone's faces as they watched him and whoever was that he had bumped into.

Muah! I'm evil. It's the end of second chapter, and WOW, nine pages (Ok! It's eight pages and a half.)! That's a lot for me. Soon enough (I hope!), I'll be back with Chapter 3. Please review and leave your comments. Thank you!

***

{NightAngel}