Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Bloody Birthday Surprise ❯ Surprise ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

`Calm down Sakura, just breathe.' Sakura thought, `In. Out. Breathe slowly, good job.'

Sakura wanted to know the answer to one question. `How did I end up here?' she thought, simple no?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Are you sure?"

"Oh, come on, I'm 18 now remember? I think I can handle the job of walking down to my house without an escort." Sakura giggled.

"But what about the resent murders going on around here?" Ino asked as she rung her hands together, slightly worried for her friends' safety.

"I've trained with you, and Naruto. You both know I can take care of myself. And even if I can't take the guy on, I'll scream bloody murder okay? My house is only a few blocks away." Sakura said.

"Arg, fine Sakura. Just make sure you get you're butt home and call me when you get there, okay?"

"Sure."

Sakura turned away from the Yamanaka residence and began walking down the streets of Konoha city. The sun had gone down about twenty minutes ago, and now the stars were shining brightly.

"She worries too much, that Ino…but I'm glad she cares about my well being though." Sakura mumbled to herself as she passed many houses.

"And anyways, I'm a grown up, I can take care of myself right?" Sakura asked herself, feeling reassured.

Sakura turned down a street. `Only one more block down Haruno, come on, we can make it.' Sakura thought as she began to pick up her pace.

And after a few minutes, "And home!" Sakura said out loud as she opened her front door. Sakura turned to her right and flicked the light switch on. "And lights!"

Sakura glanced around the house, there was a blue couch, a chair, a table and a phone was on it. "Oh yah, I need to call Ino-chan." Sakura walked over to the table and looked at the flashing light on her collar ID.

"Oh, messages?" Sakura asked, surprised because not many people called her. Sakura pressed the play button and the messages began to play.

"Hey Sakura, it's Naruto. And I wanted to know if you wanted to go to the movies with me, since you're my girl and all, heehee." - "End of message one."

Sakura snorted, "You're stupid Naruto, and I'm gonna kill you for leaving that message."

"Hey pinkie, Temari wanted me to call you, she say's that she can't come over until next month because you are to hyper and smelly." After a moments pause and some punches in the back round, "Hey-Ow!" and, "Sorry Sakura, Kankuro is being an ass today, I don't know what's his problem but, my grandmother wants us to go with her to Fire country, well got to go byes!" - "End of message two."

Sakura giggled.

"I don't know why I'm calling, it's so troublesome to call people, but I wanted to remind you that you have gotten the job as a…Sharigan High School teacher. You start next Monday." - "End of messages."

"You're so lazy Shikamaru." Sakura said to the answering machine as she deleted all three messages.

"Talking to yourself again Haruno?" A voice from behind Sakura asked her.

And just as she was about to spin around and attack the intruder, he, as she could tell from his voice, clamped a hand around her mouth as his other arm sneaked itself around her waist pulling her closer to the intruder.

Sakura was shocked, `Stupid stupid STUPID! How could you forget to shut the door?!?!' Sakura thought angrily. Sakura picked up her foot from the ground, and brought it down with as much force as she could muster onto the guys' foot.

And fortunately, the guy released his hold onto her. Sakura stumbled forward a bit, and spun around to face the intruder.

"Kakashi!" Sakura yelled.

"Eh, hello Sakura." The silver haired man sad as he smiled from behind his mask.

"You scared the life from me." Sakura admitted as she put a hand on her chest to help slow her heartbeat.

"Well, you smashed my foot. I think we'll call it even." Kakashi said as he sat down in a chair and began rubbing his foot through his shoe.

Sakura giggled again.

"Well, it's nice to know that you think my being hurts funny." Kakashi mumbled, throwing Sakura a friendly glare.

"You did sneak up on me. The pain thou feels in thy foot, is thou's punishment for entering thy's house without being given thy's permission." Sakura stated, trying to sound serious without bursting into a fit of laughter.

"Then your door shouldn't be open. That's just asking for trouble." Kakashi retorted.

"Hey, I could just stomp on your other foot."

Kakashi didn't respond.

Sakura walked over to where Kakashi was sitting and poked his silver hair.

"Or…I could just give you a small hair cut."

Kakashi's face contorted into pure, absolute horror at the thought. In which, causing Sakura to bust out laughing.

"Hey Sakura, anyways, I just wanted to know if you wanted to walk with me tonight, since it is your birthday and I have no present." Kakashi asked, looking around the room.

Sakura smiled and said, "Sure Kakashi, just let me get my coat it's getting kinda cold out there."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"It's pretty isn't it?"

"Uh…Yah." Replied Kakashi while looking at the moon.

They were sitting on a park bench. The moon was full, and had an orange red hue to it, and a wide circle around it was the same color.

Sakura closed her eyes, savoring the feeling of the wind pass through her long pink hair. Sakura's eyes snapped open as the sound of rustling clothing coming from behind hit Sakura's ears.

Sakura behind her and saw a walking figure dressed in black running towards her with a knife. Sakura jumped up off the bench and looked to the spot where Kakashi was, but found no one there.

"Kakashi?" Sakura asked looking for him. And then she saw the guy coming closer and turned around and began running as fast as her feet allowed.

But that didn't help as she turned and bumped into someone. She was relieved, it was Kakashi.

"Kakashi!" Sakura yelped as someone grabbed her from behind.

"Ahh-." Sakura's scream was cut off by a masculine hand clamped around her mouth. Only, it wasn't a hand. It was a piece of cloth. Wet cloth.

Sakura knew what it was the instant she smelt it. It was chloroform. Within seconds, Sakura's vision blurred as she passed out from the smell.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Which brought Sakura to her current situation.

Sakura realized she was in a chair. Tied to it actually, she found out when she tried to get up.

Something was covering her eyes, and stuffed into her mouth. With her hands behind the back of the chair, she tried to untie the knot holding the rope bound by her wrists.

`My god, I'm kidnapped!' Sakura thought while desperately trying to free her hands from the uncomfortable position they were in now.

The sound of a door opening echoed off the walls.

"Che, you're not going to get out that way." A deep voice replied from behind her.

Caught, Sakura stopped her motions.

"Wammm dmm umm wanmm fomm mm?" Sakura asked while trying to talk even though there was a gag in her mouth.

"What did you say?"

Sakura repeated, but he didn't understand. She fought back a sob. `Please, just let me go.' Sakura thought on the verge of crying.

The door closed again.

Sakura let out a muffled sigh of relief. She was safe and unharmed…for now. Sakura started the ministrations of undoing the ropes again.

And after a long period of time, Sakura didn't exactly how long, the bounds around her wrists fell off her. `HELL YAH BABY!!!' Sakura mentally cheered. And then the worst thing happened…