Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Bonds ❯ The Begining Of An Epic ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto or Harry Potter

A five year old Uzumaki Naruto was walking down the street, heading home after a long, boring day at the academy. He was tired and wasn’t really paying attention to where he was going. Bad idea. He accidentally ran into someone, only to come crashing down. He looked up to hear someone sneer, “Watch where your going demon.” The man spat the word out like it was diseased. He promptly apologized and continued on his way, this time keeping an eye out where he was going. After a couple of minutes he made it back to his one person apartment. He dropped on the floor and went to the kitchen for some ramen. On his way there he glanced at the calendar and froze. It was October tenth; Naruto’s birthday. Normally a boy, or any child for that matter, would be happy that it was his birthday, But Naruto hated his birthday. Now any other child would be simply ecstatic to have a birthday on October tenth because of the death of the Kyubi and the festival that took place on this day. No, Naruto hated his birthday because the villagers that normally hated him already would decide to take their anger and hate out on him. The villagers normally just ignored him or even refused to sell things to him at a reasonable price.

Naruto just decided that he would stay inside his house until tomorrow. He knew they wouldn’t try to get him inside his own house. Oh how wrong he was…

Naruto was trying to get to sleep but the noise outside kept him awake. He really was very tired, and eventually even with all the noise he drifted off into a peaceful dreamless sleep.

Naruto was awakened by a crashing noise and looked around to see The window in the kitchen had been smashed open by a rock. The kitchen being the room that the front door was in meant that the people were in front of the house. Fear washed through him to be replaced by determination. He ran to his back door and, after hearing a mob there too he ran to the side of his house where there was a window he could jump out. (AN: Remember Naruto’s apartment is on the first floor.) Adrenaline was rushing through him and he could hear the mob start to break down his door, all the while yelling things like “Finally going to kill the demon,” Or “Get out here so we can kill you demon,”. He opened the window and leapt out just as the front door gave way.

He leapt to his feet and sprinted towards were he knew the old man would be. The Hokage always gave a speech at the festival. If only he could make it into where he could see him Naruto would be safe. He heard the mob running after him and redoubled his sprint. He could see the stage and the podium where the Hokage was standing and also saw that the speech had been stopped and the Hokage had a stony face on as he heard what the villagers were yelling. The Hokage ordered his ANBU guards to stop the mob and after they were taken care of he walked over to Naruto who was leaning on his knees panting.

“Are you alright Naruto?” Sarutobi said as he stood in front of the boy of no more than six years old.
“Yeah, yeah, I’m fine.” Naruto panted. He really wanted to go back to bed.
"Alright, you should go get some rest. Out running a mob is a huge feat for a six year old, even if they were drunk." Sarutobi smiled, "Now get going we’ll talk about this in the Morning."
Naruto nodded and walked off towards his apartment for a good nights sleep.

Naruto woke up and yawned. After his morning cup of ramen he headed off to talked to the old man. As he entered the Hokage tower he saw Inatzaima Myuki, the only secretary that had actually not hated him. She said that she had no reason to hate him, but if he was something like, oh say, the Kyubi no Kitsune, she’d hate him, but as he was not, she didn’t hate him. She asked if he had an appointment and Naruto told her that the Hokage had told him that he was to come see him. The secretary told him to wait as she pressed a button and spoke into the intercome.

"Sir," the secretary said,” Uzumaki Naruto here to see you."

"Send him in," Came Sarutobi's voice.

"The Hokage will see you now, Naruto-Kun." the secretary said.

"Thank you, Myuki-nee-chan." Naruto said. He went into the big double doors to the Hokage's office. "Hey old man, why did you want to see me?"

"I just wanted to tell you why you keep getting attacked. Now, Naruto, this is an S-rank secret but you can tell anyone you want as it is your secret. I suggest you wait until they know you a bit more. The adults all know of this secret but are not allowed to talk about it, so its pretty much useless to tell them. The children don't know so you might be able to change their opinion of you." Sarutobi paused to let this sink in. When he saw Naruto nod he continued, "Now, Naruto, I must ask you not to ask questions until the end," he paused again for Naruto to nod and continued, "Now, you know that the anniversary of the death of the Kyubi was yesterday, Correct?" Naruto nodded," and it is also your birthday." Naruto nodded again, "Well the reason you are hated is because the nine-tailed fox was sealed inside of you by your father. Now-” “WHAT?! Does that mean I’m the Kyubi? What if I-”

“Naruto! This does not make you the Kyubi. You are simply the container and do not need to worry about it getting out." He looked at Naruto with a look of pity and concern. Naruto's ocean blue eyes were clouded over, as though he had zoned out, but as quickly as it had come it was gone and Naruto said ,looking the slightest bit worried, “Really? Well then I'll just have to prove them wrong won't I?"

Sarutobi smiled at Naruto's antics and dismissed him. Just as Naruto got to the door it was opened and a Jounin came through the door with a boy with black hair that looked to be about 6years old trailing along by the Jounin's side. Naruto blanked out again but no one noticed.

"Hokage-sama, I found this boy sleeping in the forest. He says his name is Potter Harry and he has no idea how he got here. What shall we do with him?" The Jounin asked.

"Well, we will have get him a place to stay, but otherwise he's fine. You may leave, now, Aboa." Sarutobi said.

Aboa left and Naruto spoke up, "He could stay with me."

"It's up to him, Naruto," Sarutobi said as he turned to Harry, "Would you like to live with Naruto until we get you a place to stay?"

Harry just nodded meekly. Naruto yelled "Alright!" and grabbed Harry to bring him to his house. Naruto asked "Have you ever been in konoha before?"

"N-no, I h-haven't" Harry stuttered.

"Well, I know you'll love it here!"

AN: Thanks for reading my first story ever! I've had this Idea in my head and decided to get it out. Plz review; constructive criticism welcome. Oh, and I'll try to update as much as possible!