Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Bonds ❯ Meeting the Demons and Old Friends ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
AN: It was brought to my attention that I never said how old Harry was. He would be the same age as Naruto, that means six. Also…

Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto or Harry Potter.

“Blah” - talking
‘Blah’ - thinking
Blah” - Demon talking
Blah’ - Demon thinking
Blah - flashback

Last chapter
"It's up to him, Naruto," Sarutobi said as he turned to Harry, "Would you like to live with Naruto until we get you a place to stay?"

Harry just nodded meekly. Naruto yelled "Alright!" and grabbed Harry to bring him to his house. Naruto asked "Have you ever been in Konoha before?"

"N-no, I h-haven't" Harry stuttered.

"Well, I know you'll love it here!"


After Naruto had shown Harry his house, he had dragged Harry all over Konoha. They had spent half an hour at Ichiraku’s ramen stand, Naruto having close to fifteen bowls Harry having one on Naruto‘s insistence. Naruto then showed Harry the academy, in which Harry would soon be joining. It seemed as if Harry didn’t want to go home from what Naruto could find out from the quiet boy. Naruto also showed Harry the various training grounds around Konoha.

After showing Harry Everywhere he could think of Naruto then brought Harry to his favorite hangout, his secret tree house. It actually was secret because it was in a mysterious chamber behind a waterfall. There were trees and light all around as if by magic, but the strangest thing was that no one seemed to know about this place. Naruto thought that at least one other person should know that this place was here, even if it was by accident, but no one knew about it, not even the Hokage. Naruto would come here when he just wanted to get away from the anger and hatred of the village.

Right now Naruto was just trying to get Harry to loosen up and was succeeding. (AN: How could you not loosen up when around a cute chibi Naruto.) Harry so far had said that he lived with his aunt and uncle who used to beat him. ‘No wonder he doesn’t want to go home… plus the fact that he doesn’t know where it is…’ Naruto’s train of thinking was cut off by a growling voice in the back of his head, “Kit, Aren’t you going to ask him whether or not he knows how he got here?” It was the Kyubi. You must be wondering how this happened? Well lets make a flashback to what happened.

Flashback

Naruto's ocean blue eyes were clouded over, as though he had zoned out… “Kit?” said a roaring growling voice, “We will have to meet soon; the next time you have chance, get into a meditative position and clear your mind, I’ll do the rest…” Naruto came out of the trance knowing that it was the Kyubi that had just spoken. He saw that the Hokage was looking at him with concern on his face and decided to act as normal as possible. Naruto said ,looking the slightest bit worried, “Really? Well then I'll just have to prove them wrong won't I?"

Sarutobi smiled at Naruto's antics and dismissed him. Just as Naruto got to the door it was opened and a Jounin came through the door with a boy with black hair trailing along by the Jounin's side. Naruto blanked out again but no one noticed. “Kit, it is me the, Kyubi. I have a feeling that there is something special about that boy… I feel that it would be best to befriend him… for now.” Naruto broke out of his trance to say, "He could stay with me."

"It's up to him, Naruto," Sarutobi said as he turned to Harry, "Would you like to live with Naruto until we get you a place to stay?"
Harry just nodded meekly. Naruto yelled "Alright!" and grabbed Harry to bring him to his house. Naruto asked "Have you ever been in Konoha before?"

"N-no, I h-haven't" Harry stuttered.

"Well, I know you'll love it here!"

End Flashback

Naruto and Kyubi had agreed that Naruto would get to know Harry and find out whether or not he would be a powerful ally. Really, Naruto just wanted a friend, while Kyubi was trying to figure out what that presence was. It felt slightly familiar, like an old friend of hers. Hmmm… she would have to ponder that further later. Right now was the time to find out if this Harry person was trustworthy. She looked through her vessels eyes and into Harry’s and what she saw surprised him. Inside Harry’s mind was…

Rokubi no Ookami.

The six-tailed wolf demon. No wonder she felt that he had met Harry before, he was the vessel of her best friend. ‘Yes he would be a powerful ally indeed’ the Kyubi thought to herself. “Kit, ask him if the name Rokubi rings a bell.” “OK” Naruto thought back.

“Hey, Harry, have you ever heard of the Rokubi?” Naruto asked innocently.

“No” Harry said calmly, “Why?”

“No reason.” Naruto was listening to what the Kyubi was saying. She was saying that he knew that the Rokubi was in Harry just like he was in Naruto. Kyubi asked Naruto to perform a simple jutsu that would allow him to go into the mind of any person that would give permission. Kyubi taught him how to use it and Naruto found that it really was very easy. After a few handseals and Naruto tapping Harry’s head they found themselves in a dimly lit corridor that was freezing cold. Shivering, they looked forward and saw a light that they then walked towards. Upon arrival they found themselves in front of the cage of a giant six tailed wolf… the Rokubi no Ookami. The giant wolf looked a them inquiringly and then opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by the growling voice that belongs to the Kyubi. “Kit, tell Rokubi to hold on and come here. Harry should stay there.” Naruto nodded and headed towards the source of the voice.

“Yo,” Naruto smirked, “What do you want, Fuzz Ball?”

I resent that name,” She said with a glare that could kill, “I need you to make this cage into a collar or something so that I can move around… we’ll work on the rest later.”

“How do I do that?” Naruto said, examining the bars, “I don’t think I can.”

It’s simple, just concentrate on the bars and imagine them being a collar or something,” the Kyubi said exasperated at Naruto, “This is your mind after all, you can do anything you want in here.”

“Oh,” Naruto said embarrassed at his own stupidity, “Right…” He then concentrated on the bars and they turned into a… a frilly pink collar? Yep a frilly pink collar with two tags, one that had the kanji for seal and another that said Fluffy… Naruto definitely knew how to irk people.

Change it!” The Kyubi said furiously, “I demand more respect than this!”

“Respect is not to be given, it is to be earned. Once you have earned my respect I will change it to something cooler, until then you’ll just have to deal.” Naruto said firmly. The Kyubi just stared, dumbfounded by Naruto’s use of logic, even if it was a little. She knew that the kid was smarter than he let on but this was something. If anything, Naruto had just earned the Kyubi’s respect.

Fine, Kit, lets go…” the reluctance in her voice making Naruto want to smirk, but Naruto knew when enough was enough. He instead smiled and nodded and began walking back towards where Rokubi was Kyubi walking along side of him, all the while muttering about gaudy collars and brats too smart for their own good.

When they got there Rokubi and Harry took one look at Kyubi and bust out laughing. Rokubi managed to choke out a greeting to Fluffy and then fell back into her laughing fit. Eventually both Harry and Rokubi stopped laughing (though Rokubi was still sniggering). Harry was the first to speak, “What’s going on here?”

Ah, yes, what is going on here Fluffy?” Rokubi said, putting more than enough emphasis on Fluffy.

We are now inside of young Harry’s mind-”

I know that baka, I meant what are you doing here, wearing a gaudy pink collar nonetheless?”

Well, this is quite simple and I had expected you to understand this, too.” Kyubi sighed, “Whatever, the thing is that the jutsu that Naruto just performed is a jutsu to link up two or more minds. As I was in Naruto’s mind and you are in Harry’s mind we are able to speak to each other as long as they keep it up. The link will stay up as long as they want and won’t use so much chakra that it will diminish their ability to fight. This technique is known to only the demon lords and now you, Naruto. Now Rokubi, I wanted to talk to you about something but in private. Kit, take Harry and leave we will tell you what we have decided afterwards…”

Naruto nodded and lead Harry out of the corridor. Right as they were almost gone Kyubi remembered one last thing, “I forgot to tell you, you can now speak to each other through your mind link.” they both yelled their thanks for the info and disappeared from their minds. Kyubi turned back to Rokubi, “Now, getting straight to the point, I am thinking of teaching Kit, but he needs to be away from this place and along with that a traveling partner. To become strong he needs to have things to protect and I doubt he will in this place. If you agree to this you may very well live longer as Harry will also learn from you. As I said earlier it is your choice to do this.”

Rokubi just sat mulling it over for a minute and finally came to a decision, “If it means living longer I guess it will work.” she said not meeting Kyubi’s eyes. Kyubi had an idea as to why to, “You have a soft spot for your container don’t you?”
Rokubi just growled and said “Well so do you!” Kyubi just laughed at her friends frustration and nodded, which instantly stopped her in the middle of her angry rant to stare at her. “So it’s agreed,” she said with an air of finality, “We will have our vessels leave to become stronger and lead their lives without the hatred of this village hindering them.”

Yes,” Rokubi said happily, “They will grow to become the best they can become!”

AN: Sorry it took so long, homework is so troublesome… (on some hill in the Naruto world Shikamaru sneezes) this would have been up earlier but you know work sucks… anyway Plz review, constructive criticism welcome! Oh and OOC I know but they'll get back into their character (somewhat) soon… I think…