Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Bonds ❯ The Many Prices of Strength ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: (God this is annoying) I don’t own Naruto or Harry Potter.
“Blah” - talking
‘Blah’ - thinking
Blah” - Demon talking
Blah’ - Demon thinking
“Blah” Animal talking

Last chapter

Rokubi just sat mulling it over for a minute and finally came to a decision, “If it means living longer I guess it will work.” she said not meeting Kyubi’s eyes. Kyubi had an idea as to why to, “You have a soft spot for your container don’t you?”

Rokubi just growled and said “Well so do you!” Kyubi just laughed at her friends frustration and nodded, which instantly stopped her in the middle of her angry rant to stare at her. “So it’s agreed,” she said with an air of finality, “We will have our vessels leave to become stronger and lead their lives without the hatred of this village hindering them.”

Yes,” Rokubi said happily, “They will grow to become the best they can become!”


While Kyubi and Rokubi were talking about the future, Harry and Naruto were talking about the past. They were learning about the others past and soon the were acting like brothers that had known each other for their entire lives, laughing and joking with each other. Eventually though their fun was brought to a halt when their inner demons contacted them again.

Inside Naruto’s mind

“I have been able to get Rokubi to teach your friend, but for either of you to receive training from us there is a condition. You have to leave this village-”
Kyubi couldn’t get any farther because Naruto, who had realized that she had said that they had to leave was now ranting, very loudly and franticly, about some nonsense that she couldn’t follow. She became very annoyed as she tried to calm him. Eventually (After a few minutes) his ranting got to her, “KIT!” She roared, instantly gaining his attention, “Now that I have your attention, the only reason you have to leave is because staying in one place would hinder your growth. You could always just come back. Also while your traveling you could gain powerful allies.” At this Naruto actually stopped to think(YK: GASP!! Naruto ACTUALLY thought!! IT’S THE APOCOLYPSE!!) (Naruto: SHUT UP!! *Pouts*) And realized that what she said. Embarrassed, once again, at his own stupidity, Naruto rubbed the back of his neck and laughed nervously before saying, “Oh, yeah right, I knew that-” Kyubi snorted at this and Naruto pretended not to hear, “any way it sounds good, when do we leave?”

“In one week. In that week you must get the proper equipment for Harry, I expect that the Hokage will help you get things for him on the pretense of Harry wanting to become a shinobi. You can also say good bye to those that you consider precious to you. If you choose to do that then you must make it subtle. After you leave they will understand that you were trying to say goodbye, and if you need help with this then I will help you. Do you understand?” Kyubi said calmly. After seeing Naruto’s nod, she said as an afterthought, “We will be leaving at dark so it would be essential for you both to get some rest during the day of the night that we’re leaving.” Naruto nodded and came back out of his mind to see Harry still in a trance. Naruto sat down and decided to wait for Harry.

Inside Harry’s mind…

Things were going better. Harry had quietly listened to Rokubi’s proposal and when she was done he thought about it. In the end he decided on one thing; he would go only if Naruto went, because Naruto was his only friend. Rokubi told him that Naruto was indeed going and Harry happily agreed. She then told him all that Kyubi had told to Naruto and Harry agreed and went back to the real world. When he got there he saw Naruto sitting there patiently obviously waiting for him.

“Hey,” Naruto said, smiling, “Maybe we should get back to my apartment, and get some rest.”

Harry had only just realized how tired he was and how late it was, and readily agreed.

“We’ll have to get ojisan to get you some ninja equipment and visit old man Ichiraku tomorrow then we’ll prepare a note to leave with ojisan when we leave.” Naruto sighed, “There’s so much to do before we leave, I’ll have to make a list of things to do before I go to bed tonight.

Harry noticed his friends distress and tried to alleviate his worries, “Hey I’m sure your just exaggerating. It can’t be that bad.”

Naruto sighed, knowing his friend was right. “Yeah, but I’ll still need to make a list… How troublesome…”

With that said, they walked in a comfortable silence all the way back to Naruto’s apartment. They ate dinner (Ramen) in a sleepy silence and Harry watched as Naruto made a list of things to do. Naruto then pulled out an extra futon and got some pillows and blankets. After that they did the normal bed time preparations (Naruto lending Harry some clothes [AN: Remember their both small for their age and would be about the same size]) When they finally went to bed they both fell asleep instantly; happy that for the first time in their lives they had a friend.

In the morning Naruto consulted the list and thought that they should see ojisan. (The Hokage) When they got there they asked if they could see the Hokage. When they got in his office he smiled and asked, “What do you two want now?” he said playfully. He was answered by playful grin from Naruto an a sheepish one from Harry, “I was talking to Harry about the village, and when we got to the part about the ninja of this village Harry thought it was super cool and really wanted to become one with me. We came here today because Harry doesn’t have the equipment to train and needs to be enrolled in the academy. So what do you say ojisan, will you help Harry out, because he also needs some clothes, too.”

Sarutobi sighed. Out of everything he had expected this was not one of them. He looked up and into Harry’s eyes, “Do you seriously want to become a shinobi Harry?” With Harry’s determined nod he sighed once again, “Very well, I will enroll you into the academy. Here,” he said pulling out enough money for Harry to buy equipment and clothes, “this will be enough to buy the things you need, I hope that you are truly ready for what awaits you Harry…” Harry nodded and took the money while saying thank you. They headed out to search for his equipment and Sarutobi had a strange feeling that this would be the last time he would see either of them in quite a while…

“So, do you know of any good shops around here Naruto?” Harry asked.

“Uh, Yeah. That would be Tenshi-san’s shop; he has both ninja equipment and clothes and he’s really nice! He has a daughter around our age and she’s really nice, too!”

“Really, then we should get going, we need to get a lot of things done.” With that said Naruto lead Harry to Tenshi-san’s shop.

When they got there they found an extremely bored girl at the counter. Naruto walked up to her and greeted her as Tenten. Harry Guessed that she was the daughter Naruto had been talking about.

“Hello Naruto,” Tenten said, “Who’s your friend?”

“His names Potter Harry, and we’re here for equipment for him, and some new clothes…”

“Well I think my father would like to met him so I’ll go get him.” and with that Tenten went off to retrieve her father.

When she came back she was with a very tall man, which smiled at Harry. “Hello there, Harry my name is Tenshi, It’s a pleasure to meet you. If you need any help then just ask, Ok?”
Harry nodded and began to look around. After about a minute of looking something caught his eye; it was a white jacket that had black and emerald stripes going down the sleeves and sides. He went over to it and found that it was a reversible that was pitch black except for white and emerald stripes down the side. He picked it up and felt that it was thick yet light material. He smiled as he took it and went off to the shelf with the pants on it. There he choose black cargo pants and went to look for shirts to go under the jacket. He choose normal black t-shirts. Then he got some boxers with wolves on them and went to where Naruto was waiting with standard shinobi tools. They paid and said good bye to the father and daughter pair to go drop off their packages at Naruto’s apartment. Then they went to Ichiraku’s for some Ramen.

After Naruto ate more than any normal human should, let alone six year old they began to talk to the old Ramen stand owner, “That was some of the best ramen I’ve ever had! Thanks!”

“It’s no problem, Naruto, not for my best customer.” He said with a smile.

“Hmmm… old man? Have I ever told you how much I appreciate your kindness?” Naruto asked with a far away look in his eyes, “Because, no matter how much I don’t show it, I will always respect you…” He said smiling a sad smile.

“Naruto, is there… something you want to tell me?” The old man asked cautiously.

This snapped Naruto out of his stupor, “Wha… oh no, just wanted to let you know that I respect you… well we got to go. See ya later old man!” and he dragged Harry out, Deeply pained at having to say goodbye to the old man and his precious, precious ramen (Naruto:*sob*)(YK: Get OVER it!)(Naruto: Never! WAH, RAMEN!!)(YK:*sigh* Naruto, do I need to whack you with a midget?)(Naruto: Eepp! *hides behind Harry* No, that won’t be necessary!)(YK:*sigh* Then stop; Anyway back to the story.)

When they got back Harry helped Naruto write a farewell-for-now letter. After that they went back to Naruto’s special hideout and Harry learned how to use chakra. It took him awhile but he was able to do it easily after he figured it out. Their inner demons taught them the tree walking chakra control exercise and they learned that Harry had Naturally good chakra control and large chakra reserves. (AN: This will be explained soon… Though if any of you can guess what this means I’ll give you a preview of the rest of the chapters before they come out… *Grins wolfishly* MUAHAHAHAHcoughcoughHAHaHaha…ha…Sorry…) they decided to sleep on it and went back to Naruto’s apartment to rest.

The next morning with, noting else to do, they went to the playground. When they got there a lot of parents took their children away, but a lot of children were there without their parents. They played on the swings for a while until they heard a commotion from behind them. They got off the swings and turned around to find some older kids picking on a blue haired girl around their age. The two boys had pushed her down and now were calling her things like ‘white-eyed-freak’. They decided to intervene when the girl started to cry.

“Hey, idiots,” Naruto said to the boys, “Why don’t you pick on someone your own size?”

“Who’re you calling Idiot, bastard?” one of the boys retaliated.

“Oh, that hurt, that truly really hurt… not.” Naruto said in a bored tone that made the girl stop crying and Harry smirk. Naruto Really knew how to irk people. At Naruto’s comment the boy growled and then said, “Why don’t you mind your own business?” And at that Naruto smirked and said, “This leads back to the question ‘Why don’t you pick on someone your own size?’ Do you feel so worthless-” he spat the word out like it was diseased, “That you need to pick on those younger than yourself to feel good about yourself?”

That did it; the boy charged only to be held back by his friend, who hissed in his ear, “Watch it; your moms coming…” And then let go of him were he dropped to the ground. The woman had never thought badly about Naruto and hearing him defending that girl against her son’s picking, even if it was her son he had berated, had proven that she was right and that he didn’t deserve all the grief the villagers gave him.

“Tenko,” she said in a scary voice with the scary face to match, “What were you doing picking on that little girl?”

“We-I-he… I’m Sorry Mommy!” He practically yelled, which earned him a snicker from the group of kids that had gathered to see what the commotion was.

“I know you don’t really mean that, now, I’m taking you two home, And your grounded Tenko! No dinner tonight.” With that she grabbed the two boys by the ears and lead them away. When they were out of sight the group of kids burst up laughing and Naruto and Harry helped the girl up. They lead her to a bench dusting her off along the way. They sat her down on the bench and Harry asked, “Are you Ok?”

She nodded and stuttered out her thanks. “Well, what’s your name?” Harry asked.

“Hyuga Hinata” she replied shyly, looking at her knees. She didn’t know why these two had saved her but she was very grateful. “Really? Well that’s a pretty name…” Harry’s voice started. “… For a very pretty girl.” Naruto finished. She looked up to see Harry and Naruto smiling at her. She gave her own smile and asked their names. The rest of the day Naruto and Harry talked to her and she slowly lost her stutter.

When her father came to take her home they made a promise to meet back at the playground. Her father had noticed the two boys she was playing with and decided to ask her about it. “Hinata, who were those boys you were with?”

“O-oh, their names are Uzumaki Naruto and Potter Harry.”
“Really,” Interested to hear one of them was the vessel of the Kyubi, “are they nice?”

“Hai, they saved me from some bullies, and became my friends… may I go back to the play ground tomorrow?” Hinata asked shyly

Haishi thought about it for a while and decided that it would be Ok, “I don’t see a problem with that…” Hinata was ecstatic at that and said, “Oh, thank you otousan!” and they walked in silence all the way back to the Hyuga compound.

The three of them continued to meet at the play ground (AN: Lets just say that the academy has a break this week) all that week. Two days before they had to leave they got the extra money they could spend, without spending the money they would need for leaving, and got Hinata a farewell present; it was a yin and yang pendent that was split at the divide and was on two different chains. Naruto and Harry would keep the yang side while Hinata would keep the yin side. The next day they met like usual, they played but before Hinata’s father had to come to pick her up they stopped playing to tell Hinata.

“Hinata, there’s something we need to tell you something.” at this she stopped to listen to the two, “We’re going away tomorrow and probably won’t be back for a while…” This is where Naruto faltered, (He hated to see her sad) so Harry stepped in to finish, “But we got you a parting gift so you will hopefully remember us,” With this he pulled out a box with a bow on it, “I don’t think that we could ever forget you…” This is where Harry faltered, (He hated to see her sad, also) Hinata took the box and opened it up carefully to find the yin side of a pendent; Naruto decided to explain, “We have the other side of the pendent in even greater hopes of remembering you.” “Yeah, and keep strong and confident, and don’t worry, we will come back,” “That’s the promise of our life time!! And we swear to keep it no matter what Hinata-chan!!” With that Hinata couldn’t help but start crying, not out of sadness but that they made such a promise to her. She smiled through her tears, “Thanks, I’ll keep all of that in mind, but in the mean time you have to promise me one more thing…” They nodded and she wiped her tears and smiled brighter than before, “To get stronger, no matter what!”

They smiled and agreed immediately. Hinata then put the necklace on and her father finally showed up. Waving to them for the last time for years to come she followed her father home. They went home and stayed up all night long so they could go to sleep during the coming day. During that night they continuously checked to see if they had every thing ready and when dawn came they gratefully fell onto their beds to sleep for the day.

When Naruto and Harry awoke it was twilight. They checked everything once more before heading out. The first thing they needed to do was get the note to the Hokage… But how were they going to do that?

“Kit, go into the forest and channel my chakra,” Kyubi stated helpfully, “It will bring a fox or two and all you have to do is ask for it to deliver it in the morning and it will.”

“Ok, I’ll try it…” And with that he went into the forest with Harry behind him. When Naruto channeled the chakra the effect was almost immediate there on the other side of the clearing was a bright orange fox that was looking at him quizzically. “Kyubi-sama? It said unbelieving. Naruto was surprised to hear it talking but still decided to talk back.

“No I am it’s container Uzumaki Naruto,” He waited for the kitsune to nod in understanding before continuing, “Er, the Kyubi asks for a favor.” the kitsune’s eyes widened and it said, “And she wishes me to do it?” at Naruto’s nod it happily said, “I will gladly do the task! What is it?” “Kyubi wishes for you to deliver this message to the Hokage in the morning.” He said pulling the scroll out of his bag, “She says it is very important for it to get there In the morning, in fact late morning if you can. If it gets there before that time all of her plans will be ruined and she will have no other chance at it, Do you understand?” The kitsune nodded happily and took the scroll. With the scroll in tow it bounded into the forest to await the perfect time to deliver the Important message.

With that taken care of they headed to a hole in the defenses of Konoha and on to the freedom of the world…

Reviews

Moonlight of Thunderclan - Harry is 6 just like Naruto and Hinata and thanks!

Shinobi's Fire - Yep and thanks!

HolyKnight5 - I Wouldn’t do a yaoi even if my life depended on it… It’s not like I dislike it, it’s just I can’t write it.

Moon-Freak00 - Thanks, I’ve had this Idea in my head for a really long time and it was driving me crazy so I decided to write it. I really like your story, too.

Oh and before I forget, I’m thinkin’ that the main pairings are going to be:

Naru/Hina

Harry/fem.Haku

But there could be more or different pairings, If I get enough votes. (This includes HP Characters)

And also if any of you can guess what’s up with Harry’s Chakra I’ll give you a preview of the rest of the chapters before they come out…