Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Broken in the Way of Love ❯ Thinking of the Past in the Park ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Broken in the Way of Love
Chapter 3: Thinking of the Past in the Park
“Oh! There you are Naruto-kun!” Exclaimed a familiar female voice, Naruto turned to see two figures approaching - the first was a girl (slightly younger than Naruto) with short pink hair and a blue ribbon tied around it. She was wearing a red kimono with gold lining the collar, sleeves and bottom along with a big smile.
“Where have you been, Naruto-kun? Everyone has been waiting for you,” she spoke rather annoyed.
 
“Oh. Sorry, Sakura-chan - I took a walk to the park with Hinata-chan, and after we finished I got lost in my thoughts… How long have I been gone?” Naruto questioned
 
“About 45 minutes,” responded the second figure, a youth with jet black hair wearing a blue jumpsuit. “I thought that you might have gotten lost or something, knowing you and how dumb are, I guess I owe you ten buck Sakura-chan.” He added a little smugly, then sighed reaching for his wallet.
 
“You do, and Naruto-kun is not so dumb anymore, Sasuke-kun.” She chimed
 
“I'd appreciate if you all wouldn't take bets on my stupidity; thanks” Naruto said sarcastically, before adding “Now let's get back to the party.”
 
As the three made there way back to the party, Naruto remember his recent conversation with his now ex-girlfriend.
 
***Flashback***
 
“Naruto-kun, I am very sorry, but I can not be with you anymore-” Hinata started
 
“Why!” Shouted Naruto as he interrupted her.
 
“Because Naruto-kun, your other form - he scares me and-” again she was cut off.
 
“You said you could handle it! You said you would love me not matter what! Hinata-chan, I love you! Please! Don't leave me! I-” he begged, but this time it was him who was interrupted.
 
“Naruto-kun, I did love you but then I…I'm sorry Naruto-kun I will be going on a mission for a while and during that time, please forget me…” she said solemnly, her eyes glassy with unshed tears.
 
“Okay Hinata-chan, for you, I will try to forget my love while you are gone…I'll try,” He said equally solemnly, and then let out a deep sigh.
 
“Good-bye Naruto-kun” she responded finally letting herself cry as she turned around and walked away.
 
“Goodbye Hinata-chan…” he whispered back.
 
“…good, that wench is finally out of the picture, now I can make my move to find her…”came an eerie deep voice.
 
***End of Flashback***