Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Brother's Love ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2
 
Hi everyone! Thank you for your support and reviews!
Some warnings: Suggestions of Uchihacest as Itachi's breakdown begins.
 
* * *Itachi's POV
 
I lay in bed unable to sleep that night. I had drawn my bother closer, breaking the distance that divided us. It just made things more painful. He loves me, idolizes me, and worshiped me as his hero. But things will change as those good old days come to an end. Yesterday night I killed my best friend. It was an accident, I swear I never meant to. I loved him like a brother. Besides Sasuke, only Shisui loved me back as I desired.
 
The clan called him Shisui of the Mirage. A mirage is an illusion, beauty beyond reality. That was Shisui. Thick raven-black hair fell from his center part down to his ears in an even, perfect length with not a hair out of place. When the sun hit his hair just right, it brought out a dark blue sheen, just like the highlights seen on a crow's plumage. The blackness of his hair played against his white skin: pallid, smooth and porcelain. Not a speck of dust or scar blemished its flawless texture, broken only by his smile. The hue of his lips, reminded me of cherry blossoms, a pale pink before their fall. And my vision followed the straight line of his small nose up between his eyes, wide and almond shaped. His pupils, open and expressive were highly reflective like the polish of an onyx stone in light. That quality enraptured me, drawing me into a dreamlike state where he only he became my world.
 
To Shisui I bared the wounds of my soul. With a kiss he reached into me to heal my aching wounds. If the soul is like a container, then he couldn't reach all the way inside down at the bottom where my deepest wounds lied. Those wounds became the cause of my eventual breakdown, my descent into darkness. It all started with feeling unloved, valued only for my abilities especially by father. That led to hate, the darkest of human emotions. It welled deep within like magma under a volcano, straining to break free. If it erupted all hell would break loose, scathing, screaming, destroying those around it. To stop that, I took all my rage and shoved down in the depths of my subconscious, as far down as possible.
 
I feared its eruption more than I feared death. I lived a life of denial forgetting the rage buried within. As I suffered more and more, the rage intensified seeming to take on a life of its own. It became like another self, lurking in silence, watching me from the shadows beneath my subconscious. It lied there in waiting, ready to spring out like predator a killing its prey. Worse than death, it'd possess me, transforming me into a demon that gave no second thoughts about killing. I called it the dark self within.
 
The dark self within is the heart of hate that I mentioned before. In the human heart, if love doesn't fill it, all that's left is hate. I realized the more the more I hated the stronger the dark self grew. At the same time its coldness terrified me its power thrilled me. Unbelievable chakra pulsated through my body, making me feel more godlike than human. Eventually I surpassed the Hokage then the pathetic clan and Father continued to idolize me more. Father placed everyone's opinions over loving his own son. As head of the Uchiha clan, all Father cared about was its reputation in the eyes of Konoha. As the heir, Father expected me to continue that role. I loathed it! None of it mattered for all I wished was to be loved for who I was, not the goddamn genius who'd solve everyone's problems.
 
One day by the banks of the Nakano River in Shisui's arms I cried. “Shi-kun, I can't stand it. It's driving me over the edge!”
 
“Oh, Ita-kun, just let me kiss you and make it all better,” Shisui reassured me, the timbre of his voice soothing to my soul.
 
Those onyx eyes, reflecting back my image, overflowing with love captured me, making me melt in their gaze. As he leaned forward finely parted bangs fell over them in a curtain of shadow. Pursed lips, pale and pink beckoned to me. With a slender finger, I titled his chin up, bringing him closer. I shut my eyes feeling my mouth sink down into soft, textured flesh. My hot, sticky tongue darted out, tracing his parted lips. Shisui moaned as it left a wet trail in its wake, the licked over skin sensitive and cool.
 
He shivered feeling the breeze hit them. “Oh, gods. Ita-kun, don't stop.”
 
“But we're cousins…” I protested.
 
Shisui smirked; his typically reserved manner grew bold. “We're first cousins, even better. The closer the more forbidden. Who's closest of all to you?”
 
I gasped. “My…little brother.” As wrong as it felt, a naughty desire consumed me. The dark self within wanted him, for in that part of me lay many repressed feelings, especially licentious ones. “Even better as you said. Someday when he's grown more, he'll be ripe, mine for the taking. All mine.”
 
“Oh, yes. If you can't take me, how can you take him?” Shisui teased, seducing me intently.
 
“I will show you, both you and he are mine!” I whispered, lowering him down on the ground below me.
 
This was the beginning of my dark self-awakening. I couldn't repress it forever. Years of shoving it away hid me from who I was. If I dared to know my dark self, the heart of hate, I might never be the same. The one who speaks now is the Itachi loved by his brother, Sasuke. But soon Itachi will destroy all that Sasuke holds dear.
 
Even if I want to fight it I can't. Is it destiny or karma, the wheel of law in motion? I'll never know except the pain that will come.
 
* * * Shisui's POV
 
I breathed heavily, coated by a film of sweat, my upper body naked against the cool, fertile earth, pressed under Itachi's weight above. Suddenly he growled, a deep base voice rumbling in the back of his throat. “Itachi!?” I shot up, pushing him off.
 
He hit the back, tumbling a few feet down to the riverbank. “No. No! Nooo!” he screamed, curled over in mud, grasping his head in pain. “I'm not going to hurt him. I love him!”
 
“Itachi! Itachi!? Whom are you talking to?” I cried, pulling him back up by the grass.
 
“Shisui, stay away. It wants to come out…and hurt you,” Itachi warned, trembling so bad that his knees gave out and he collapsed. “Stay away!” he wept, gripped by terror and madness, burying his face in his arms.
 
“What does?” I asked, doing my best to stay rational.
 
“The dark self! It wants power, it wants to kill, control over my soul, my self and my sanity.” Itachi's eyes widened, coming out against their deep-set lines. “If you love me, Shi-kun, kill me before it takes over!” He forced a kunai dagger into my shaking hands.
 
I burst into tears, shaking my head wildly. “No, Ita-kun, if I love you, I won't.”
 
Itachi grabbed my clasped hands, positioned with the blade pointed towards him right above his heart. “You stupid fool. You don't understand, do you?” Red flashed in his orbs, not an ordinary red but crimson, lusting for blood and violence. As his Sharingan appeared tears of genuine suffering, the deepest I've seen welled in his eyes. “The dark self wants me to suffer because then I'll grow stronger.”
 
“Even at the cost of your soul?”
 
He nodded, his spirits sunken in grief. “It doesn't care what the hell happens to me. As long as it obtains power above all else, no matter the means, it's all that matters. Although I know that power never fills the void within, it doesn't know any better as all it can do is hate. Once it has power, it'll forget why it wanted it in the first place. It becomes lost in the darkness. Power is its Light, its God.”
 
I struggled against him to release the dagger held forcefully in my hands. “No, Ita-kun, snap out of it! The real Ita-kun I know would never say this.”
 
Itachi squeezed my hands so tight, I yelped in pain fearing he broke them. “My Shi-kun, you are wrong. As it's pushed out to break, invading my conscious mind now, I've realized something, that it is the real me.”
 
What I saw as the real self, the Itachi I knew and loved fought back against the hate, releasing his iron hold. The battle writhed within visible in the windows of his soul as a cosmic battle of love consumed by hate, his inner Light crying out consumed by darkness. As the real Itachi died in consciousness, he whispered in my ear his last words, “Shisui-kun, you've been like a brother, lover and soul mate. You were always there to hug me when the world turned its back and I cried. For that, I'm forever thankful and I love you, Shishui-kun. Goodbye, my friend.”
 
“NOOOOO!” I wailed, praying my cry reached the heavens. Only emptiness me back in a meaningless echo. God was too far to hear me just as he was to Itachi.
 
As his eyes opened again the Itachi I loved departed. I searched him finding not a trace or smile. Pure unbridled hated surged as his chakra blew me away. “You pathetic fool. You did not listen, did you before I came out.” Bloodlust dripped in his voice, strangely calm and chilling, absent of all human emotion.
 
“Ita-kun? Please, stop this,” I begged, backing down the slope behind me. I forget to watch my step, tumbling down on sharp rocks below. As my head slammed against the rocks in a fatal blow, I lost all consciousness swept away by the currents of the Nakano river that claimed me.
 
* * * Itachi's POV
 
The sudden shock of Shisui's loss somehow brought back me back to my senses, if only for a moment. “What happened!? SHISHUIIIIII!!!! NOOOOOO!!!” I bellowed at the top of my lungs.
 
Ah, yes, your closest friend is dead. Rejoice for in your great suffering a new power the Mangekyo Sharingan awakens, the dark self in my conscious said.
 
“You bastard! You made me do this!” I wept, crouched over on all fours.
 
No, you did. I am you and you are me, it spoke back.
 
“Shut up! Shut up! You aren't me! With this kunai, I'll die!” I grasped the kunai Shisui dropped, my whole body convulsing.
 
My conscious then receded and the dark self possessed me. I passed out loosing all recollection of what happened after that. I didn't mean to kill him. It was an accident, I swear I never meant to. I loved him like a brother. Even if I did, this was the beginning of my true suffering and Sasuke's.
 
TBC…
 
A/N: Man, that was dark, sad as well. I almost cried writing this. Poor Shisui, poor Itachi-kun.