Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Bunri - Kyuubi ❯ Bunri - Kyuubi ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
It’s ironic, really, that I remembered his words now, of all times.

Nothing brings more pain than too much pleasure, nothing more bondage than too much liberty.

While I still don’t understand the first part, the second was crystal clear as Naruto fell into my arms.

I was free.

That thought echoed through my mind, but at the same time, another thought surfaced.

I can’t leave.

With my freedom came chains. Chains of loyalty and responsibility, connected to Naruto. He was a kit, a beautiful one at that. And he had my loyalty.

Only a few creatures have ever been able to gain the loyalty of the Kyuubi no Kitsune. The first was my sire and my dam, who gave life to me. When I’d truly earned my first tail, they introduced me to my grandsire, the only Kyuujukyuubi no Kitsune the world had seen. He instantly gained my loyalty. When he passed on and my sire received his title, I was gifted with land, a territory of my own. My land and its inhabitants gained my loyalty.

And the most ironic thing is that loyalty is the reason I ended up here.

Humans, in their ignorance, had raided my territory, desecrated my land, and massacred its inhabitants.

That night, I chased them.

I wouldn’t let anything stand in my way. That golden-haired man was the one who finally stopped my rampage. As the seal pulled me into Naruto, my rage quelled, and I grieved.

I grieved for my land. I grieved for the creatures I had once ruled. I grieved for the people who had met their end at my claws. I grieved for their families. I grieved for the people whose homes I destroyed. I grieved for the man who stopped me.

But most of all, I grieved for the infant.

Remaining indifferent was a futile battle.

I watched him grow and suffer.

And I grew to love him.

He plagued my thoughts.

Even now, he’s on my mind…