Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Can it Get Anymore Crazier?! ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue:
“For the tie-breaking question, who is the Italian mathematician that discovered the weight of that column of air to be 14.69 pounds? And in his innovation, he used a mercury barometer.” The questioner asked his last query.
The question that would change the history of this Continental Quiz Bee had been asked. The question that will put the winner a representative once more of her country for the International Quiz Bee.
And now, both women, standing straight and tall, pushed the button in front of her, unfortunately, one must push first.
And that's the certain girl whose long pink hair kept in a neat ponytail, her emerald green orbs shining with dignity and victory behind the glasses.
She paused. “Evangelista Toricelli.” These are the two words that brought an end to the competition.
The questioner stared in admiration. The crowd began to clap as the judges started clapping. This girl hasn't answered a question wrongly. She would just be left behind, but she's still tough. And vigilant for some reason, clearly, for conquest. She didn't burst into tears; she's not used to it. She didn't soar for elation; she kept her feet firmly on the ground. Her eyes focused on the crowd before her, her Japanese people that are there, watching her raise the flag of Japan before these people.
But well, she's in Japan. No big deal. What's the point anyway? She didn't even go out of the country. But she knew, the next one, she'll get out and will go, for even a few hours, in the other country, no matter where. Just get out of Japan as soon as possible.
A middle-aged woman with ebony hair and a pair of chestnut eyes approached her and the pink-haired teen bowed her head down, receiving the gold medal she deserved. The woman gestured at the questioner and he gave the medalist the phone, asking her for a speech.
“I, Haruno Sakura, won this medal for the people of Japan, for Kami-sama, and I pledge in front of you, that I'll do the best I can…” she paused, breathing deeply. “…in winning the semi-finals in the International Quiz Bee.”
Haruno Sakura bowed down, the gold medal twinkling, as if boasting its owner, as if contented that the person who achieved her really deserves its shining beauty.

Meanwhile…
Thought I ran into you down on the street
Then it turned out to only be a dream
I made a point to burn all of the photographs
She went away and then I took a different path
I remember the face but i can't recall the name
Now I wonder how whatsername has been
Seems that she disappeared without a trace
Did she marry old what's his face
I made a point to burn all of the photographs
She went away and then I took a different path
I remember the face. But I can't recall the name
now I wonder how whatsername has been
Remember, whatever
It seems like forever ago
Remember, whatever
It seems like forever ago
The regrets are useless, in my mind, she's in my head
The regrets are useless, in my mind, she's in my head
And in the darkest night
If my memory serves me right
I'll never turn back time
Forgetting you, but not the time
“JA!” the raven-haired international rock star waved at his outrageously big number of fans as they shout hard for their idol, Uchiha Sasuke, and some, for the other band members as well.
“BAD LUCK!” the crowd chanted a singsong rhythm together, clearly coming from people in front. Some are eyeing each other with jealous looks to the people who managed to catch an object thrown by each of the members.
“UCHIHA SASUKE! I LOVE YOU!” a person shouted
“HYUUGA ROCKS!” another one, standing on the metal bars that separates the audience and the stage.
“YOU'RE THE BEST, NARUTO-KUN!” two girls shouted together from the VIP section.
“GAARA-SAN! GO OUT WITH ME!” another one shouted, though not heard because the four already went to the backstage, where the space is crucial, the people are standing against each other, but squeezed out of the way to make way for the incoming rock stars.
The Bad Luck members finally entered the backstage, plopping down on the soft couch, and making themselves comfortable.
“New girl, huh?” Gaara asked Sasuke, who is currently holding the waist of a young blonde, a French girl.
The girl spoke in a different language and said that she wished to go home now and she will leave them.
“How many days have you been together?” Hyuuga Neji asked when the door closed.
“Two days?” came Sasuke's reply.
“Hey, we'll need to get back to Japan for your one-year break.” The band manager, Nara Shikamaru, said. “You must go back to your school, the school last year?”
“Yeah, sure.” the band's weary reply came.
“Wish I'll have a genius partner this year. And I mean a really genius one!” Sasuke said as they packed their instruments to catch the plane back to their homeland.
“Not the one like last year?” Uzumaki Naruto asked.
“No, I want beauty and brains mixed together.” Sasuke said, smacking his lips together.
“Like Haruno Sakura for example?” Naruto asked once more.
“Hell yeah! That would change my grades forever! And I would want her to be my girl. Damn that fine body she possesses.” Sasuke replied.
“How many have you had this year?” Neji asked.
“Uh? 15?”
“I lost. 12.” Neji shook his head.
“Ha!” Sasuke replied, jumping up and down.
“BOYS!” Shikamaru shouted, being carried away by the stream of people blocking their way.