Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Change of Heart ❯ Chapter 1/1 ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]
Today was seriously going to suck..
Hatake Kakashi though as he walked away from the K.I.A. stone. He was sulking at the moment, though he did have good reason.


He had lost one of his last two students not even a week ago. The boy had gone with one of the Konoha sanin, Jiraiya.


While Naruto had been far from a model student -loud and annoying at his best- , he had been a good fighter. And a pretty strong ninja, for that matter.
And it wasn't as though Kakashi could spare any students. After all, the whole reason Naruto had to go and train, was to get strong enough to bring back his other teammate, Sasuke. The Uchiha boy had left Konoha to follow Orochimaru.


Sasuke had planned to make Orochimaru go thought with his promise to make him stronger. Sasuke wanted to kill his brother, for revenge, since his brother had killed the rest of their entire clan.


Kakashi didn't blame him for wanting revenge, but he did wish Sasuke hadn't followed Orochimaru…


I was going to be hell getting him back..


Kakashi sighed, his thoughts adding another level of gloom to his appearance. He was a picture of the aloof yet gloomy, the uncaring yet worried. In other words, he was trying to look uncaring, and was failing horribly.


A flash of pink from his far right caused him to turn. Sitting beside a tree, probably waiting for him, was his last student. Haruno Sakura.
She was the Hokage's student as well, though on the days when the Hokage had work, Kakashi would take over like the old days. He was guessing this was one of those days.


He studied the girl a moment as he walked up to her, and realized she had fallen asleep waiting. She looked peaceful, far from her normal hot headed personality.


Under his mask, his lips turned up, into a smile, and he slid his arms under her, picking her up. He would take her to her home, and perhaps wait for her to wake up. He Didn’t want to disturb the serene expression that masked her face.


Maybe today isn't that bad..