Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Creatures of the Night Series Book 1 Secrets ❯ ... A Vampire... ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The sun set low in the sky, coloring the wispy clouds a soft pink. On the soft ground, eight-year-old Sasuke happily played by himself, his soft blue-black hair falling into his black eyes. From the doorway, Rubi, with long black hair and soft dark eyes, and Safaia, with brown hair and eyes, watched with growing apprehension. Finally, the sun fell completely from the sky, Rubi called to the child.

"Sasuke, it's getting late. It's time to go in, now."

"Ok," he said, looking up and smiling at his parents. Standing, he patted from the dirt from his body and ran to his parents, hugging them. He was about to turn to go into the house when a cold chill ran up all three's spines. Casting worried glances at each other, Rubi and Safaia whispered a single word.

"Itachi."

Sasuke paused and cast a wary glance at his parents. What did they mention niisan's name for? He thought.

Never once could he remember his parents showing his niisan the same affections they had bestowed upon him. They always seemed… distant - afraid almost - of him. Now, they almost never mentioned his name without good reason.

Suddenly, Rubi and Safaia gasped and turned to face the rising quarter moon.

"Go," Sasuke's mother said softly, and, for a moment, the child wondered whom she was talking to. "Go now and hide, Sasuke. Under your bed. Lock your door and don't come out, no matter what you hear."

Sasuke gave a soft, scared whimper and took a single step forward. "Okaasan, what's -"

"Now!" Rubi barked.

At once, Sasuke fled into his room, closing and locking his door behind him. Dropping to his hands and knees, he pressed himself as close to the floor as possible and crawled under the western-style bed, huddling close to the wall and shivering. For a mew moments, Sasuke quivered there, wondering about what his parents had been thinking and why his mother had sent him into hiding. Then…

A blood curdling scream.

A shout of terror.

Two dull thumps.

Sasuke whimpered and curled up into a ball, bringing his knees to his chest and shutting his eyes tightly.

What just happened…?

Someone, or something, was attempting to turn his doorknob.

Sasuke pressed his forehead against his knees and whined, praying to all the gods he knew and wishing desperately for his niisan to come protect him.

And annoyed growl.

A clatter of metal.

The creeking of his door being opened.

Sasuke bit his bottom lip, not wanting to make a sound as he saw his doorknob roll by his bed.

"Sasuke?" and achingly familiar voice called.

With fearful tears falling from his eyes, Sasuke unwrapped himself and desperately crawled out from under his bed.

It was his niisan! It was Itachi!

Completely forgetting his mother's orders, the eight-ear-old freed himself from the bed and ran to Itachi. Wrapping his arms about one of his brother's legs, he buried his face into Itachi's thigh and cried.

"'M scared, niisan," he whimpered. Feeling Itachi place a hand on top of his head, Sasuke's crying lessened. "'M really scared."

"Well, don't worry, Sasuke," came Itachi's detached voice. "Soon, you won't feel anymore."

Sasuke blinked at Itachi's words, but before he could really think about them, Itachi's hand clenched, gripping his hair painfully tight and yanking his head back. Whimpering in pain, Sasuke looked up to ask why Itachi would hurt him and froze.

A droplet of blood trickled from the corner of his mouth and fell onto Sasuke's pale cheek.

Kneeling down, Itachi roughly grasped Sasuke's arm in his free hand and jerked the child's head to one side. Two pinpricks of pain in his neck snapped Sasuke back to awareness.

With a loud cry, the child attempted to hit at Itachi, but the loss of blood and an unconscious love for his brother made him weak. Whimpering, his body slowly relaxed and his eyelids grew heavy, darkness taking over his sight. Finally, he couldn't stay awake any longer.

His eyes closed.

His chest stilled.

His heart stopped beating.

Eight-year-old Uchiha Sasuke died.

~*~

His eyes opened and he blinked, hearing a single thought pounding in his head.

Glancing around, he saw that he was in a room of some kind. A bed was pressed against the western wall, black and navy blue sheets and pillows strewn about. Next to the bed was a white end table, a small lamp sitting upon it. Against the southern wall was an oak dresser, the mirror above it shattered into a thousand pieces.

Sitting up, he felt something sticky and wet under him, squelching over his hand as he pressed it into the dark blue carpet. Looking down, he realized that he was sitting in a puddle of dull red liquid.

In fact, he was covered with it.

Bringing his hand to his lips, he sniffed before flicking his tongue over the liquid.

It was cold and bitter and…

And delicious.

Bringing his other hand to his face, he lapped the liquid from his hands, wondering why it seemed so familiar.

Finally licking all the liquid from his hands and forearms, he stood and looked around. Stepping out of the red puddle, he walked to the door that hung awkwardly from one hinge.

Without a thought for the door, he walked out of the room and down a hallway. After a bit, he found himself in another, larger room. In here, lying crumpled on the floor, were two bodies, both with identical looks of horror and fear frozen upon their stiff faces. Their bodies were covered with the same red stuff he himself had been covered in and a blade stuck out of each of their chests.

For a moment, he felt a rush of… something. Something that overrode the thought that continued to pound in his head.

And then, as soon as the feeling had come, it was gone.

Shaking his head to clear the thoughts of the bodies from his mind, he was about to carry on when a sound reached his ears.

Footsteps.

For a moment, he pondered whether or not he should stay when the door at the southern wall opened and a tall woman with black hair and dulled emerald eyes walked in. Completely ignoring the bodies, she walked over to him and kneeled.

"Are you all right?" she asked in an emotionless voice.

He nodded and she loosely wrapped her arms about his shoulders, tilting her head to one side and exposing her throat.

From the moment the woman had kneeled before him, he had heard a soft thudding and the scent of that red liquid had invaded his nostrils. Now that she was so close to him, that scent and that thudding were overwhelming.

Without needing to think, he parted his lips, feeling his teeth sharpened into fangs and bit her neck.

A rush of that delicious liquid flowed into his mouth.

Closing his eyes, he leaned forward slightly, feeding upon the woman, and, with each swallow, the thought in his head became louder and more persistent.

That thought…

~*~

Thirteen-year-old Uchiha Sasuke laid back on his roof, placing his hands behind his head. Running his tongue over his lips, the vampire focused his attention on the stars above him, watching the constellations. Moving one hand, he gently caressed the small bruise on his neck where he had been bitten, feeling the ever constant bloodlust within him telling him it was almost time to feed once more.

But feeding…

Feeding would always bring back that thought.

That same thought that had haunted him constantly.

The thought he knew his brother had implanted into his mind when he had become a vampire.

The thought that whispered to him even now…

Grow strong. Develop your powers. Kill the one who took your humanity.

Kill me.

~*~

~*~

~*~

~*~

Ch 2 finally written!

Naruto: After, what… Three months of absence?

Angel: -.- Shut up. At least I typed it, damn it! ><

Nine: Thank the gods for summer break, huh?

Angel: Yeah. That's the only way I'd ever get anything written. -falls back in chair- Blehh, dun wanna do nuttin for the rest of today… Kakashi! Speak the disclaimer!

Kakashi: Angel doesn't own Naruto.

Angel: Excellent, so, till next time! ^^