Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Cursed ❯ Cursed ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: This belongs to the series, Naruto. None of these parts are mine and are only written for entertainment purposes.
 
With wide eyes, he watched the whole battle before him disappear to huge billowing clouds of smoke, Jiraiya stayed in his position, crouched.
 
“I'll check the area,” Jiraiya announced to his teammates.
 
He leapt out from their hiding spot and jumped from one house to another, seeing others from other groups coming to the same place he was heading. Jiraiya hoped that his friend, his student, his Hokage, was still alive, and if not, the newly born child. He stared at the starry sky, preparing himself.
 
Finally, he arrived at the edges of the battle scene and all Jiraiya saw was even more white smoke. None of the Konoha shinobi ventured any further, hesitant to approach closer to the ravaged site. Jiraiya prepared himself and entered the battleground, searching out for his friend, his senses high for any hint of the nine-tailed demon that might still be lurking about. The only thing he heard were soft cries of a baby. He moved closer to the sound and as the smoke lifted, he saw a bundle of white cloth that covered the baby. A baby he had helped his friend name.
 
“Naruto…” Jiraiya muttered to himself as he bent down to pick up the baby.
 
He saw the markings of a seal that contained the demon and Jiraiya grew afraid for the child's future.
 
'Perhaps, because this is the child of the Hokage, they will be lenient on Naruto,' he thought.
 
He saw his friend on the ground and Jiraiya closed his eyes in a prayer of silence. After a moment, he began walking away from the scene, towards the group of ninja, his team mates.
 
“What did you see? Is the Hokage—” Tsunade began.
 
“Dead, this is all that's left of the battle,” Jiraiya announced, “This child… is cursed.”
 
 
A/N: Thanks to wolfinthenight for proofing the drabble. <3