Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Day's of Leaf and Sand ❯ Answers and Judgement ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Well, was that one better?? I thought so…(Ohh, and in a flashback in the episodes…I do believe Gaara’s mother didn’t die giving birth because you see her, like disintegrate into the sand wearing a cloak and he’s like at her feet when he’s 4 years old watching and crying…I think he knew her as a mother…but I might be wrong…lemme know) Any who…from demand I’m gonna be adding some more couples- which you have to find out who. ^^; Enjoy!

Answers and Judgment

“Anyway, I just thought you should know…” Sasuke said, one hand on Naruto’s doorknob getting ready to leave. It was about 8:00am and the sun was becoming noticeable over the famous Konoha trees. “Remember, it’s in two days in front of Hokage-sama’s temple at 4:00pm.”
Naruto hollered “Yeah, yeah. I heard you the first time.” He went to the front door to see Sasuke off. “Hey, why did you come and tell me?”
“I was required to. Every chuunin is to know.” Sasuke answered matter-of-factly.
Naruto stared at him and retorted “…bullshit. You could’ve gotten anyone else to do it…but you didn’t.”
Sasuke gave him a rude hand gesture and started to walk away. Naruto called after him smirking “Hey! Hey! Does this mean we’re friends now!? You like me that much to come and tell me yourself!?” Naruto shut the door with a slam before he could comment back.
That frickin’ idiot. Sasuke thought while stocking down the hallway. Why does he always find a way to make things revolve around him? He shook his head in frustration and he didn’t even notice that a very crazed Kiba came running past him at a full sprint.
Kiba, quite out of breath skidded to a halt just outside Naruto’s door. He gave a little knock while twitching and glancing behind him every couple of seconds. Naruto was starting to relax again until he heard the knock. Ahh! What‘s he doing!? Sasuke wouldn’t go through the trouble of knocking again. And I told him that I would remember! He yelled towards the door “Sasuke! I know already…in two days at 4 o’clock in front of the temple!”
But once again, Naruto heard the soft knock. He went to the door and opened it half way. He stuck his head out and began “You know, I……eh!?” realizing that an obviously flustered Kiba stood waiting impatiently. Kiba couldn’t wait for an invitation inside so he pushed Naruto out of the way and proceeded in. Naruto closed the door with a confused and annoyed expression. He saw that Kiba had taken to pacing the length of the room, nervously twitching his fingers and looking around with glazed eyes. Naruto finally broke the bizarre scene by asking “What the hell are you doin’ here?”
“I d-didn’t think I’d ever be asking you for help…b-but…I need it. And you were the only one who came to mind.” said Kiba.
Naruto rolled his eyes trying to ignore the first part and asked “What’s the problem?”
Kiba stopped looking like a caged lion and looked at Naruto with a worried expression. He said “…I-Ino.”
“What’s wrong with Ino?”
“I-I think…I think she likes me, man.” he whispered looking away.
Complete shock overtook Naruto. He spent many moments trying to ponder what Kiba had just said. “So, uhh…” he began “How, umm…how do you know if she likes you?” The second he said it, he immediately heard the answer. Off in the distance, he heard a faint cry of “Kiba-kun!…Kiba-kun!”
Kiba uttered “Ohh, crap!” and ran to go hide. Naruto found him with his butt sticking up in the air while his head was perfectly hidden underneath the couch. After a couple minutes, Naruto heard his muffled voice ask “Is she gone yet?”
Naruto looked out the window and sure enough, Ino had moved on in her search. He said “Yeah, she’s gone.“ Kiba adjusted his position to sitting on top of the couch. “What is goin’ on?” Naruto snapped once Kiba was ready to answer.
“I said…“she likes me“…I think. But I don’t know what to do about it.”
“And why would she like you?” Naruto questioned, not even thinking that his tone sounded rather rude Actually he was rather humored at the fact that the boastful and bragging Kiba was “cowering at Naruto‘s feet.” Fortunately, Kiba was to frazzled to notice and he spit the answer right out.
“Because I saved her life.” he replied. Looking at Naruto’s expression, he realized he needed to elaborate a little. He sighed and explained “Out on a mission, I guess they got into bad trouble with some sound ninja’s. They were way outnumbered and Shikamaru was at his limit holding off most of them with his shadow thing…”
Kiba was breathing almost normally again. “Well, luckily we were heading back when we saw the battle. A sound that had been hiding nearby took the opportunity to ambush them. I-Ino was his easiest target because she was already fighting three at a time. I ran to go help her while Hinata and Shino helped out the other two.” Naruto just stared at him. He continued “The ambushing sound ninja got to her before I could and knocked her out cold in the back of the head.” He simulated someone getting hit in the back of the head with his hand. “When we got there, we flipped the battle and the sound guys ran. I went over to, to her, to see how bad she was. I was getting ready to wake her up but I didn’t need to because the second I was over her, he woke up herself…a-and saw me. Shikamaru explained every thing, you know…about me rescuing her and she has been following me around ever since...everywhere.” He looked at Naruto with a worried and expectant expression. “W-What should I do?”
Naruto was at a loss for words. The first thing Naruto thought to ask was “Well, do you like her back?”
“I dunno…she is really pretty. But I don’t know why she would like someone like me…I mean, I thought she had a thing for Sasuke.” he answered.
“Yeah, I thought so too…” Naruto smirked and patted Kiba on the back. “But I guess not anymore, eh?” he added with a smile. Naruto thought Heh, I like this guy. I might as well give him a few words of encouragement. “Well, you’re never gonna know if you like her or not if you don’t try to get on with her. Ask her to dinner or something…And now I know for a fact that she likes you because I think I know Ino, and she would never be calling out for a guy like that…” he pointed to the window “…if it wasn’t Sasuke.” Naruto concluded his “encouragement” with a smile.
Kiba slowly said “…Really?…I should ask her to dinner then?”
“Yep…or something like that. Maybe going for a walk or anything that will let you two get to know each other.” said Naruto.
His spirits being raised, he got up with a determined mind. “Yeah, alright. I’ll do it. I mean, she is putting the effort into it…I might as well return the favor, right?”
Naruto replied “Right.”
“Ok then. Well, thanks man. I owe you one.” said Kiba walking to the door. He took a deep breath and walked out into the hallway and closed the door, looking left and right. Brilliant…which way did she go? He used his unnatural good sense of hearing to follow her call.
Naruto sighed and flopped down on the couch. Today is starting off really weird. First Sasuke coming at the crack of dawn to tell me about this Chuunin meeting, then Kiba asking me about Ino…geez…wait a minute, while the day is still bizarre, I might be able to talk with Sakura-chan on a good note! And with that, he jumped up and made himself look his best.

Sakura’s house
Haruno Sakura couldn’t believe that she had been called out at 4 o’clock in the morning for her training. Tsunade-sama’s out of her mind! Doesn’t she know that other people like to sleep!? She reasoned with herself that it was worth going because she had started to learn how to heal internal wounds that morning which were much more complicated than flesh wounds. She realized that just 5 hours of lesson wiped out most of her chakura; and she only experimented about a total of an hour…the rest of the time was from Hokage-sama’s lecture about internal tissues. Part of her was thankful that she now had the rest of the day to sleep and replenish. Or so she thought…
“Sakura-chan! Sakura-chan!” a familiar voice called from below her window. A really pissed off Sakura walked out onto her balcony.
“What?” she demanded.
“Hello! What are you doin’?” Naruto asked with a cheerful smile.
“I was gonna go to sleep. Which I am going to continue to do right now. Bye.” she said with a final tone. A final tone in which Naruto obviously didn’t catch.
“Going to sleep? Now? But it’s a beautiful morning! Why not enjoy it…,umm” Now here comes the hard part Naruto thought “…ahh, w-with me!”
Sakura stopped short at the last part of what he said and turned around. A trembling Naruto thought Yep, yep. This is definitely the hard part. while waiting for a death blow to come.
Sakura felt herself inwardly blush; of course not enough to show it on her face as with Sasuke. Was that his attempt at a date? “With you?” said Sakura. She thought about it for a second and replied before she even realized what she was going to say. “I’ll come with you depending on your answer…Why should I go out with you?”
For the second time that morning, Naruto was struck speechless. What’s this? No weapon? No punch or kick? No usual nasty comment? Ok, who are you and what did you do with Sakura-chan? He unsurely replied “M-My answer?”
“Yeah…why should I go out with you?” she repeated.
Naruto was still taken aback be her abrupt kindness. He pulled himself together and thought for a second. Clearing his throat he began “Well, uhhh…I think you’re nice to be around. Umm, when you aren’t scolding me for something, that is. A-And…I really like you…and I don’t think you’re gonna find another guy…ahh, who will like you as much as I do. And if you still say “no” then that’s ok because I understand how pathetic I look…but this is the one time I don’t care…I don‘t wanna go out with you, I-I just want to take a walk with you. ” Naruto finally said. They’re. I said it! I said what I felt! But…now I’m gonna get it for good. He looked down with a cringe awaiting her judgment.
“No.” said Sakura with a serious face.
Not being surprised, Naruto turned away glumly muttering “Alright… I guess I’ll see you in a couple days. Bye.” He started fingering the surprise rose in his pocket he was waiting to give to her. After a couple steps…
“No.” Sakura said again. “ I don’t think you look pathetic at all, Naruto.”
At this Naruto whirled around to see her barely hidden smile on her face. “W-What did you say?” he cautiously asked.
Knowing he heard the first time she skipped it and said “Yes, I will take a walk with you.” She turned away knowing that she would never forget the look on his face just then…never. Down the stairs she thought to herself It’s just a walk. It’s no big deal…like he said, we’re not “going out”…just going for a walk. And it’s not like he’s giving me flowers or anything…it’s just a walk she repeated. She got to the front door and opened it. There stood an awaiting Naruto with both hands clutched around the stem of a gorgeous rose with his arms fully extended to her. She said not taking the flower “But, it’s just a walk, remember?”
He replied with a smile “What? You can’t have a flower on a walk?” He held the rose out to her again and this time she took it.