Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Deidara's Story ❯ The start ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“FREAK!” After nearly thirty minutes of name-calling and punching, Deidara's classmates dispersed leaving Deidara face down in the dirt. He chocked down a sob, reciting in his head one of the important shinobi rules, “No matter what a shinobi must never show emotions.” Even though Deidara knew it was all in vain, every time he was made fun, every time he was called a freak, he felt the emotions come flooding back to him. All the despair, hatred, anger, sadness, and self-pity, all swirled around in his head. He felt as if any day now he would crack.
Lifting his face up from the ground Deidara looked down at the palms of his hands; in the center of each were two mouths with sharp teeth. “Why… why do I have to be so different!” he thought to himself. Pushing himself off the ground, he began brushing off the dirt that had caked onto his shirt and pants. “Heck, these stupid mouths are only good for creating bombs…” he mumbled to himself. Using the backside of his hands he wiped off the blood running down his cheek.
Walking home he received the usual menacing glares from anyone he passed by. Everyone treated him like dirt and all because he was a little different, the only person that didn't treat him so harshly was his mother.
Deidara's mother was good natured, and when Deidara asked why he had to be so different, his mother would always reply by saying how special and gifted he was, and that he should never consider himself to be a freak. Deidara's father died long ago, killed in one of the great shinobi wars, Deidara didn't even remember him, he was too young to remember.
Walking into his house he slipped off his sandals and made his way over to the kitchen. His mother turned herself away from the stove; she rushed over to where Deidara was standing. Her hair was the same color blond as Deidara's, she had the same eyes, same nose, same everything.
“Deidara, what happened?!” He glanced up at his mother, making brief eye contact before looking back down onto the floor, in that brief glance; he gave his mother the look that said “the usual”. She bent down and wrapped her arms around him in a tight embrace. Sighing she stood up and walked back over to the stove.
“DeiDei, why don't you go clean up.” She told him, as he started off towards his room. “I will call you when dinners ready.” Deidara walked out of the kitchen over towards the bathroom to clean off his hands and face.
That night dinner was pretty quiet, except for his mother trying to get answers of exactly what happened, even though she had a pretty good idea. Not speaking he twirled his chopsticks in his hands, before poking at the baked beans on his plate, they were poor and Deidara always tried to do as many missions as he could so that he could earn money for them to eat. Even if the food wasn't the best they were just happy to have food to eat.
“Deidara…” she started off, raising her head to him, “Why won't you tell me what happened, maybe I could help, if you don't tell me I can't help.” Showing no reaction to the statement he sat there staring down at his plate.
“I'm going to bed, un.” Shoving himself away from the table he started off to his room. He knew from experience that telling her wouldn't help, no one could help him. He just knew it was something he needed to deal with on his own. Pulling his hair from the ponytail, he plopped down onto his bed. He closed his eyes, wishing that all of this pain he was feeling would disappear.
Deidara's mother gazed up as her son left the room, she knew he wasn't going to tell her. Although it broke her heart to know that he was only eleven and he had already had so much damage inflicted on him. Physical, but mostly mental.
Deidara looked around his room, it was a small room, it could only fit his bed and a tiny chair in the corner, and to most people it would be like their closet. Deidara didn't mind though, the simple life didn't bother him. But all the pain he was going through mentally did. Pulling out a kunai from the holster he stared down at his wrist, careful to avoid all of his vitals he dragged the cold kunai down his arm, the blood came running out onto the floor. Taking a deep breath, he felt relief. Grabbing a cloth that was on the floor he was sure to wipe up all of the blood. Sitting back down onto the bed he shut his eyes, and drifted off into a light slumber. But tonight was going to be different from any other night before.
CLIFFIE! First chapter complete party r&r please. Tell me what you think, the story will pick up in the next chapter.