Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Deidara's Story ❯ Team 7: A race against the clock ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Team 7 jumped from branch to branch, they had just passed the fire countries boarder. Kakashi had his nose in his book, occasionally chuckling, and then looking up to make sure he wasn't about to go head first into a tree. Naruto and Sasuke were arguing their heads off. While Sakura was in front of them shaking her head at the two idiots, wondering how much more they were going to argue.
They had spent two months looking for Deidara, sending word to the Hokage about the discovery about Iwa, under the orders of the Hokage, who was deeply concerned about the boy, were given two months to search before returning home. About a week ago they had stumbled into a rock country town and the trail went dry. Not a single person had seen him, no one at all. Unable to do anything else they turned around and headed back to Konoha.
“Dobe.”
“WHAT DID YOU SAY SASUKE-TEME!” Naruto roared lunging at Sasuke, only to be restrained by Kakashi. “Let me go Kakashi-sensei!” Kakashi shook his head and waited five minutes for Naruto to cool off before releasing him.
Continuing in the forest, Kakashi noticed that the sun was going to set and that they might as well make camp.
“Ok, Sasuke you go get the fire wood.” Kakashi said then turning his head to Naruto, “Naruto you will go to the stream and get fresh water, and Sakura go with Naruto to the stream and both of you will catch fish.” Sakura and Naruto leapt off the ground and started heading towards the stream, while Sasuke went in the opposite direction, to gather firewood.
Reaching the stream Naruto made a horrible attempt to push Sakura into the water as she leaned over the bank, only to have Sakura move out of the way as Naruto fell right in. Unable to contain her joy of Naruto getting tortured, Sakura burst out laughing.
“Sakura-chan.” Naruto whined dragging out the `chan' part.
“Serves you right for trying to push me in!” she hmphed. Naruto then climbed out of the river taking off his jacket, before ringing it out and hanging on a near by tree.
Kakashi had finished setting up the camp, sort of. The tent he tried to put up wouldn't stay up, so he threw it off to the side. He was just to lazy to give a care. “I guess we'll just sleep under the moonlight tonight.” Kakashi thought. He sat down against one of the trees, waiting for the brats to return. Realizing that yesterday he got his updated bingo book, he dug through his backpack to pull out a small stack of papers bound together. He began to surf through them until he stopped, eyes wide, mouth gapping. On the page was a picture of an eleven year old boy, listed as an assassin.
Name: Deidara
Threat: minimal
Choice of attack: Explosives
Village: Iwa(destroyed)
Description: Long blond hair, about 4'8, grey-blue eyes, says un after most sentences.
Last seen: UKNOWN
Looking down at this paper, Kakashi knew that this was the boy that they had met, but wait; he was listed as a wanted criminal now. Stuffing the papers back into the bag, he sighed, no wonder they couldn't find him now, he was wanted, and of course he's smart enough to cover his trail. Even so Kakashi couldn't shake the feeling that this boy was in grave danger.
Sasuke bent down to pick up another twig, not the best kindling, but hey it was better than nothing.
Crunch
Sasuke swerved around to his right where he heard the noise, dropping the wood and activating his sharigan he stood in a defensive position. Most people knew that this was an over reaction, because it could have been a squirrel or something. Yet Sasuke knew he had to be on guard, at all times. Waiting a minute for anymore noises, Sasuke began picking up the dropped firewood. He could have sworn he had heard something.
Naruto finished filling up all of the canteens before helping Sakura catch fish. Managing to catch enough for everyone. They wadded out of the stream, Sakura climbed onto the bank, but before Naruto could climb out, there was something odd about the water. Sakura stood in shock, Naruto hurriedly climbed out of the stream, only to stare down at the blood red water.
“Sakura why is there blood in the water?” but before she could answer a body floated towards them, right then and there they knew that this was the source.
“Sakura-chan…” Naruto whispered, in complete shock. Before snapping back to reality, Naruto wadded through the blood to the boy, the boy seemed familiar somehow. He lifted the boy out of the water, setting him on the bank with sakura. They stared down at him, it was a gruesome sight, the boy was bleeding from his legs and arms, long gashes appeared all of his body, but the worst part was that he had a shrunken lodged in one of his eye sockets. “Sakura-chan, this is that boy…”
On top of the boy was a small note, that had blood smeared on it, but it was still readable. Slowly opening the note Naruto quickly read it, he felt his face grow pale, and as he handed it to Sakura for her to read, her face went just as pale too.

“Orochimaru-san, that boy better not die from that, you know Leader-sama wants-” Kisame was cut off by Orochimaru chuckling.
“Yes, yes I know, Leader-sama has taken a interest in the brat, but you see so have I, he will come to me, when he does I can do my little experiment, and what ever is left of the boy you can hand over to Leader-sama, kukuku.”
Kisame shivered, it took a lot to freak him out, but that damn snake was just plain creepy, especially that laugh. He saw what that snake did to the boy, it was gruesome, and not even he would go as far as that snake had.

Dear Team 7,
I hope you like your present, but don't worry the Akatsuki and myself will be more than happy to take him off your hands in the following months.
Sincerely,
Orochimaru

Okay, chapter six is done! Not really any Deidara, but don't despair we will see more of him and his past soon enough!
CRIES FOR HURTING DEI-KUN
R&R :)
Next chapter: My Story