Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Deidara's Story ❯ Isn't Tobi a good boy? ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kisame laid back on the bed, glancing occasionally over at the clock it was ten minutes to twelve and the first Akatsuki members should be arriving shortly. “The brat should be waking up soon.” Looking over a Deidara, the boy was sleeping soundly.
Knock, Knock
The knocks on the door were short and quiet; Kisame stood up and opened the door. In the doorway stood Zetsu. “Oh, I didn't think you'd be the first to get here, normally,” Kisame was cut short by a loud person behind Zetsu.
“Zetsu-senpai, who's this?!” a small boy rushed around Zetsu pointing at Kisame, the lighter half of Zetsu sighed.
“Kisame-San, this is Tobi, my new subordinate…” Kisame looked down at the boy still pointing at him, the kid was wearing an orange mask with one eye hole, even with the mask on Kisame could tell that this runt was even younger than the brat, he looked to be around nine.
“Hello, Kisame-san, Tobi is a good boy!” Kisame eyed the boy and then back at Zetsu, raising his eyebrows at the last statement. A grunt came from behind them; they all turned their heads in the direction of Deidara.
Who's that?” the darker half of Zetsu asked, looking at Deidara with the expression of wanting to eat him.
Kisame picked up on this stating “No Zetsu-san you can't eat him.”
“Zetsu-senpai! Zetsu-senpai!” Tobi yelled excitedly “Who's that!?” Tobi ran over to the awakening boy and began poking him. “Why is he tied up, huh, Zetsu-senpai?”
“He's some kid I ran into the hallway…” Kisame said going on about the fight about him being a girl and how he ease dropped, and then how the leader wanted to meet him.
After the conversation, they turned their heads back to Tobi who was sitting down with a kunai next to him and a bunch of rope. Deidara was no where to be found.
“TOBI!” Kisame yelled stalking over to the boy picking him up by his neck before slamming him against the wall. “Where is the boy!?”
Gasping for air Tobi wheezed out “He said he had to use the bathroom, so I untied him, isn't Tobi a good boy!” Letting go of Tobi Kisame stalked out of the room, followed by Zetsu, and then followed by Tobi.
“Suckers, un!” Deidara happily yelled back as he continued to gain height on his clay bird, Deidara was happy he could ride on the birds, they were great for escapes. Looking down he saw fish-face running after him. “Heh, there is no way he'll catch me, I'm still in shock that the idiot actually untied me, un.” Deidara thought
“Come back here now you FREAK!” Kisame yelled at the boy
“I'M NOT A FREAK, UN!” Deidara yelled his voice full of malice, he was just plain tired of being called that, he wasn't a freak, he was just different.
“This brat is trouble…” Zetsu thought as they trailed into the forest after the boy. Thinking back to what Tobi had done, Zetsu concluded that he had a better chance of teaching a sack of potatoes better than Tobi. Sighing he continued with Kisame, who was still fuming at the fact that his subordinate actually let the boy go free. Zetsu knew Kisame had a short-temper, and if he tried to speak, Kisame would probably stab him to death with kunai. Looking around something didn't feel right, he sensed a different presence with them.
Taking the chance of being stabbed to death by Kisame, Zetsu called out “Kisame-san, stop.” Kisame turned around and stopped.
“Why?” Kisame asked impatiently, crossing his arms over his chest.
“We aren't alone…” Tuning his back towards Kisame, Zetsu spoke calmly “Come out we know your hiding.”
“Kukukukuku” the laugh came from behind Kisame, “Hello Kisame-san.”
Deidara lowered the bird a little bit, all of the sudden he felt a different presence, and that his pursuers had stopped. Tilting his head he became puzzled, but hey if they had given up it was fine by him. He decided to have the bird take him to fire country, knowing it was the closest refuge, and it was probably the safest place to escape those knuckle heads. Yet Deidara still didn't know why they had kept him alive. I mean they didn't have a use for him, and hey he only ease dropped for one sentence.
Kisame had said something about other members, so Deidara came to the conclusion that it was a group of some kind. Sighing, he now knew that he had two people after him now.
Pushing the thoughts to the back of his head, he knew if he could find help all the answers would come soon enough. The wind blew past him, as a shiver ran down his spine; it was very cold up there. So very cold…
Flashback…
DeiDei, come here, that's right come to me.” The woman was kneeling down in the snow, a brown scarf tied around her neck. Walking towards her was a small four year old boy, with a knit hat and a puffed out jacket, the boys arms were out to his side as if he was trying to balance himself in the snow.
Oooff!” The boy fell down face first into the snow and began crying. The woman stood up and softy picked the boy up, brushing the snow off him. She kissed is cheek, and then scooped the boy up in her arms. They were at a small park, most of the slides and swings were buried in the snow, the park was filled with parents and kids running around, and yet all the kids would stay clear from Deidara, even at four he was considered a freak.
The woman brought the boy over to a bench and sat down, the boy sat on her lap tears still falling from hi eyes. “DeiDei, don't cry sweetie.” She hushed softly. Reaching her hand up to brush the tears away. “Your fine now, Mommy won't ever let anything ever hurt you; mommy will always protect you…”
End Flashback
“Where are you now mom, un?” he whispered softly. Wiping the single tear that fell from his eye, he looked up his eyes hardening again. “No I won't, I refuse to let emotions run me, un!” Realizing that he needed to escape fast, even if they had stopped, Deidara had the bird travel at its fastest speed as they set off to somewhere in the Fire Country.
Back in the forest…
“Well if it isn't Orochimaru-san.” Kisame grinned turning around to face the snake.
“Tell me Kisame-san, why are you out running in the forest, I thought that there was a meeting today, after all that's why we are all here.” Orochimaru said his voice as icy as ever. Folding his arms behind him in a regal manner he continued “Why it wouldn't have anything to do with the giant clay bird that just took off towards the fire country would it?”
Again Kisame explained to another member of Akatsuki why he was after the boy. Orochimaru chuckled “Well you see Kisame-san, I've been tracking that boy for a while now…, I think that he would be perfect for a little experiment I had in mind.”
The next chapter's title has already been decided it is Team 7: A race against the clock.
Throws party, yep Team 7 is back,I would like to thank everyone who reviewed. THANKIES
Deidara forever!