Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Desperation ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Desperation: Prologue
 
“Sasuke-kun…”
 
Sakura moaned as she tossed and turned trying to get to sleep. Beads of sweat trickled down her face, mingling with the silent tears that fell. Sakura sat up and glanced out the window. One by one the tears descended and hit the ground. The full moon gazed upon her, casting its dim light onto her bed. The aura was miserable, and it felt like she was in a spotlight. A spotlight of guilt and sadness.
 
I'm desperate for you.
 
“Sasuke-kun”
 
She stood up and wiped away her tears with the backside of her hand. It was all her fault. If only she had tried harder, she could've stopped him. She had had the chance, and she had wasted it. She knew that she truly was a fool. The tears welled up against her swollen eyes and poured down like a storm. She was weak, and she admitted it. No matter how hard she tried, she was always just a hindrance.
 
I'd go to any lengths to be at your side.
I'd do anything for you.
I'd even die for you.
I'd venture into the darkness for you.
 
“Sasuke”
 
Why couldn't she succeed? Couldn't she just get it right one time? It was all that she asked of him. The tears overwhelmed all other actions and took over. She cried and wept like the blubbering fool that she knew she was. Sakura collapsed onto the cold, hard floor and wept some more. The moon still cast down its silver spotlight, scorning on the figure that was Sakura. She curled into a ball and cried even more, the tears dropping onto the cool, wooden flooring.
 
I'm desperate for you.
 
“Sasuke…”
 
Sakura wept like there was no tomorrow. God, she hated herself so much. It was almost too much to bear. She felt as if she couldn't just “deal” anymore. Her life was nothing anymore but a blur of fake smiles, false promises, and hidden pains. If only she could just take it away. Everything about here was too much. She couldn't bear this heartache she had be given anymore.
 
I've given my heart to you.
I've had my heart broken by you.
I've done the most unbelievable thing.
I've made my decision.
 
“Sasuke”
 
She knew what she needed to do. It was evident she couldn't stay here anymore. She'll miss her family and friends, but she misses him even more. She'll do anything because she needs him most. She needs him. He abandoned her, and she tried to stop him. It was brief, but she had seen that hurt flicker in his eyes before he had turned his back. And then she had wanted to go with him. A foolish thought…
 
I'm desperate for you.
 
“Sasuke-kun…”
 
It was foolish - something that only a fool could think of. Sakura knew she was a fool for entering this realm of thought. But she couldn't handle not being at his side. She craved him to the point where it was like an addiction. She had an unhealthy addiction for him, and she didn't care. She wanted to be with him, even if just as a comrade. And it didn't matter anymore what side they were on as long as she was with him. But it was just a foolish thought.
 
I'll go to the hidden corners of my heart.
I'll join you on your dark, twisted side.
I'll learn to be like them for you.
I'll find out what true fear is like.
 
“SASUKE!”
 
Maybe it wasn't so foolish after all. The tears crashed down once again. It was time to take a dreaded action. She needed to do it and wanted to, but was it right? Was right even the way to go? She screamed at just the thought of it. Fool she may be, she only had one goal on her mind. She needed him. The silver light flickered and wavered, and the moon gave her one last disdainful glance as clouds passed over it. Sakura knew what she had to do, right or not.
 
I'm desperate for you.
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto in any way at all. `Tis not fair… *sniff*
 
Uh, sorry this is so short. Keep in mind that it's only a prologue, so other chapters should be longer. I hope your enjoying in so far. ^^