Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Dry Ice ❯ Red Button ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: We do not own any of the Naruto characters, or any other characters and copyright entities mentioned in this story. We do own Vivian, Bibi, and Laura, this plot line, and all the books carried in their backpacks. UFOa is also copyrighted by us, the authors, along with anything to do with it or its members.

 

Summary: "Who are those three girls and why did they appear in our rooms?" pondered Naruto, Sasuke, and Kakashi. They are on a mission, quest, thing of intelligence!

 

Italics denotes mentalthoughts

 

 

Chapter 1

 

~ding dong~

 

As she pulled the door, its hinges creaked, sunshine seeped in and temporarily blinded her. She blinked her blue-green eyes against the scorching afternoon sun; the figures before her had a heavenly glow about them from the sun at their backs.

 

"Hi Laura!" chimed the duo at the door. Laura stepped aside to let them in as she responded back with, "Bibi, Vivian, I'm so excited for today. Just think, our first Anime and Video Game convention!" A small squeal escaped her lips.

 

They entered her room and slung down their backpacks. Vivian threw open the white-washed slatted closet doors to reveal an assortment of clothing and a mountain of haphazardly stacked shoes. The clothes were soon strewn around the room. Vivian disappeared behind the bed and Bibi and Laura heard her shuffling through a drawer. Suddenly she popped up like a groundhog out of its hole, grasping a princess hat and Jasmine costume to her chest. Bibi sighed and shook her head. Her layered shoulder length brown hair fell into her eyes.

 

"Vivian," Bibi said, "We're going to an Anime and Video Game convention, not Disney World." The group burst out with laughter. Laura picked up a pile of shirts and found two white wife beaters. She then looked through a pile of shorts and found two black ones. "Hey, why don't we go as Lara Croft?" she asked.

 

It didn't matter to them that they were all naturally fair unlike the tanned and toned Lara Croft. It was also rather ironic that Laura was tanner than Bibi and Vivian even if Bibi was Spanish and Vivian was Brazilian and yet Laura's roots were in Germany.

 

Vivian agreed. "Oh yeah, a girl in a cute outfit kicking butt!" while Bibi stared at it with a sullen expression and finally said "I refuse to go in that….that…… lack of clothing." She then held up a black shirt and green cargo pants. "This is my outfit, a ninja from Naruto. I even brought my headband for the Konoha village."

 

"Suit yourself, but know that you can't tag along raiding tombs filled with ruins and random hot guys if you're dressed like that." said Vivian jokingly.

 

"I think I'll take my chances." Bibi said while wiping away tears from her chocolate eyes caused by laughing too hard.

 

"You guys, we should get ready since the con starts in an hour and we still have to drive there." After they had all changed in to their costumes, the girls frantically searched for shoes and belongings to fill their backpacks. Book shelves were raided along with cupboards and the faithful ipod was grabbed from Laura's desk. Bibi grabbed the laser keychain that projects 10 different images, including a spaceship, just for kicks. While Vivian grabbed her make-up bag, just in case they might need lip-gloss or something later on.

 

Forty minutes later found them in Laura's eternal blue Acura RSX with the sunroof open and Shania Twain blaring on the CD player. Their harmony was more along the lines of a cacophony as they repeated the words

 

"Oh Oh Oh go totally crazy forget I'm a lady

Men shirt short skirts oh oh oh oh

Really go wild yeah doing it in style

Oh Oh Oh Get in the action feel the attraction

Color my hair do what I dare Oh Oh Oh

I wanna be free yeah feel the way I feel

MAN I feel like a woman"

 

They laughed their way through the final verse as they were pulled up to the convention center where it was being held. They grabbed their backpacks from the trunk and schlepped them up to the entrance where there was a baggage check which seemed completely pointless, considering once inside you could buy an assortment of weapons from a myriad of vendors.

 

Vivian and Laura got some interesting looks from the male security guard in his twenties, though they egged him on by batting their eyelashes and smiling a feigned innocent look with their light eyes shining mischievously. So, they were a tad bit outgoing at times, okay, they were extremely outgoing all the time, but they got a good time out of it. Bibi saw this and laughed nervously as she pushed them on while saying, "Moving on now….." She waited till they were out of earshot of the guard and said in a humorous tone, "You guys are nuts."

 

"No Bibi, we are talented." Laura commented back.

 

As they turned around to face the glory of this anime heaven, they stood frozen with their eyes wide as they took in the sight before them, anime and video games covered the entire floor. Vivian was the first to recover from the initial shock "ohhhhh, shiny pointy objects." She dragged Bibi and Laura still with their mouths agape over to the weaponry display.

 

Laura commented sarcastically "We're here five minutes and already you are purchasing weapons to kill us with. Just remember that you need me to drive you home." She turned to Bibi and saw her walking off into the sea of people.

 

"Uh oh, her radar has found a stand with wings" said Vivian as she turns to admire the bow and arrows from the company that created the Lord of the Rings video game. She just had to have the weapon of Legolas' choice. "I take it that if you can't have his shirt, you'd rather have his bow and arrows?" teased Laura.

 

Vivian's eyes glazed over. "Yes, and maybe he will come and teach me to fire them. He could wrap his arms around me in attempt to show me the correct form, and"

 

"Just keep dreaming of the blond elf boy Vivian, maybe one day your diversion will pop out of the movie and come to your rescue. I wonder how long it takes him to primp in the mornings and if he likes wearing those green tights." Laura bantered.

 

"You just wish that Aragorn looked as good as Legolas all the time instead of being a grunge ball throughout most of the movies. After all, the ranger was only a mere human, unlike Legolas, the Elfin Prince of Mirkwood." Vivian threw back with a mock glare.

 

"Whatever" Said Laura as she laughed and turned to pay the Lord of the Rings representative for Anduril, the sword that was re-forged for Aragorn.

 

A few minutes later, Bibi emerged from the throng of people holding a boomerang with wings painted on it from some small unheard of videogame. "How coincidental is that we all happen to have the perfect compartments on our sling backpacks to fit our weapons. I mean I have a scabbard on the side of mine, you have a quiver and a clip for your bow, and Bibi, and well, she just has a water bottle holder and a cell phone holder." commented Laura.

 

She and Vivian erupted in fits of laughter as Bibi gave them a death glare and then smirked as she put the boomerang half way in the cell phone holder. "Ha!" Bibi stated as her eyes were filled with mirth. "Mine is compact and light unlike yours." She sticks her tongue out at them. Laura responded back by also sticking her tongue out and making a face.

 

"Come now children," Vivian said in her best parental voice.

 

"But I don't want to go mommy," Laura said as she stuck her bottom lip out in a feigned pout.

 

"Send her to time out, make her ashamed and stand in a corner with a dunce hat or something." Bibi put emphasis on her comment with a satisfied smirk of victory.

 

"I give up." A sweat drop appeared as Vivian rolled her eyes at the antics of these two teenagers.

 

They progressed on to the Tomb Raider area, their weapons properly stowed in their amazing contraptions of backpacks, and definitely not looking like the newbies they were to the anime con world. "Oh my gosh, we have to go to the Halo booth" gushed Laura.

 

"Oh God, I had hoped she would have conveniently forgotten about that." whispered Bibi.

 

"We're not that lucky." stated Vivian.

 

"Darn, I left my four leaf clover and lucky horse shoe at home. I guess I'll have to bring it next time." replied Bibi.

 

They glanced over from their spot in the corner to where Laura was standing in a circle of guys talking animatedly with her hands as they discussed the new weaponry options for Halo 2. Finally when they couldn't take it any more, Bibi strode purposely up to her and caught hold of her backpack as she tried to drag her away. "Nooooo, five more minutes." pleaded Laura. "We still haven't talked about the differences in vehicles in the two Halo games."

 

Bibi said sarcastically, "Your fan club can wait, we're moving onto Naruto."

 

As they approached the Naruto section, there was this enormous fire-engine red button with bold letters beneath it, saying "Do NOT press." Oblivious to the sign, a group of menacing incongruous teenaged guys in the crowd walked up and pressed it. A confused expression crossed their faces as they pressed it again and closed their eyes at the same time. They opened their eyes again and looked baffled and angry.

 

As we watched their strange behavior, Bibi joked, saying, "See, they thought that if they pressed the red button and wished hard enough, they would end up in the world of Naruto."

 

Vivian started laughing, and then Laura said, "Or maybe, they had a count down and then pressed the red button for ignition and lift-off."

 

"Or, it would count down till self-destruction," said Vivian between bouts of laughter.

 

They all walked up to the stand selling merchandise and Vivian and Laura purchased head protectors. Now the three girls had matching headbands from the village of the leaf ninjas all tied on their hair. The navy blue of the band and silver of the metal with the leaf village symbol on it nicely contrasted with Bibi and Vivian's brown hair along with Laura's dirty blond hair and complimented their already tough looks. They appeared to be a force not to be reckoned with.

 

They struck a Charlie's angels pose and had a bystander take a picture of them with Laura's 8 mega-pixel Nikon digital camera. They glanced over to the red button area and noticed the gang of guys dispersing. The security guard bellowed loudly that the boys had their turn and had to move on. The girls took advantage of the lack of line for the button pressing and walked up to it.

 

They stared at it for a moment and Vivian commented "Isn't it funny how teenagers and adults alike line up to press this button with the knowledge that it does absolutely nothing? Yet we are like little kids because it just looks so tempting and pressable and the fact that the sign is in big bold letters saying not to makes it all the more fun."

 

Laura said "We should all press it at the same time and have joint responsibility in destroying the earth. Okay, 5…4…3…2…1…" An explosion was heard along with a woman's frightened scream as the power flickered and went out. When the lights returned and a voice could be heard, assuring everyone that it was just a flipped circuit breaker. Not a soul noticed the absence of three teenage girls from the once again bustling convention center.