Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Facing the Truth ❯ Facing the Truth ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I don't own any part of the Naruto World. Not even a little piece stuck off in an out of the way corner.
This is book two in what I'm calling the Truth series. Not very original but it follows the same pattern as my Deepthinking stories. So anything with Truth in the title will belong together.
Author's note: Dialog =Flashbacks / Present
 
Facing the Truth
Sakura lay on her bed staring at the ceiling. Her thoughts crashed around in her head like a swimmer crashing against a reef. Everyone was sharp and painful for her. By shear force of will she pulled her self together and forced her self to deal with them, no matter how unwelcome and painful.
Sasuke was gone. He was still determined to chase down his brother and kill him. He had been very explicit when confronted that he wanted nothing to do with any of his old team. That rejection had cut her deeply and she had wished nothing more than to bury that thought deep down inside and leave it there. Unfortunately she just couldn't leave it alone.
Yesterday had been the annual Konoha festival. Tsunade had decided that they had needed to take some time off, amazingly enough even Shizune had agreed. They had gone downtown and wandered through the many stalls and attractions. That was when the trouble had started.
It had seemed innocent enough, just a simple fortune teller who had the unique feature of also being an artist. What had she been thinking? She should have known better than to have them stop at that stupid stall. All of the alarm bells in her head should have gone off the second that Tsunade and Shizune had told her this fortune teller was known to been one hundred percent right.
“Oh look there is a fortune teller lets get our fortunes told!” she had exclaimed excitedly to the two older women. “Look there isn't even a line.”
“I don't think so,” said Shizune in a hushed tone of voice.
“Be careful of this Sakura, this fortune teller is always right,” added Tsunade.
“Oh don't be silly I want a picture of me and my Sasuke-kun,” she had purred with delight. Here was her golden opportunity to put to rest all the fears she had had since he had rejected her.
“How may I help you young Miss?” The old fortune teller had asked as he stood mixing his paints and arranging his brushes.
“I want a picture of my One True Love and I together!”
That short, simple phrase had ended up bringing all her romantic fantasies crashing down around her ears.
Getting up off her bed Sakura slowly moved to her desk. There, sitting just as she had left it the night before was the artist's painting. The picture was very good its' attention to detail was incredible.
His glossy, black hair was perfectly in place. His eyes shone with passion. With the way the artist had captured his smile she half expected to hear the trade mark “Ping”. It was almost as if he was going to leap off the page and sweep her up in his muscular green clad arms and…..
 
“OH MY GOD! HE IS HANDSOME!”
Tsunade almost choked on her sake. Looking out from her terrace she could see birds all over the village of Konoha taking to startled flight as the phrase echoed out over the entire village.
“I think you were right last night Tsunade-sama, this is going to provide us with months of entertainment,” smirked Shizune.
 
Author's note: I hope you have guessed who her true love is by now. Next up going on a date.