Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Fall from Grace ❯ In the Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
FALL FROM GRACE
In The Beginning
Essay by Hatake Kakashi (age 4) written during his first week at the shinobi academy:
Assignment: In 500 words or less, who is your hero and why?
My Hero
My father is my hero. He is a powerful shinobi. He's not quite as powerful as the legendary sannins. He does not have a humongous summons, but he's more of a hero to me because of his character. The people of Konoha not only respect him, but they love him like I do. He believes strength comes from protecting your precious ones, and the whole village of Konoha is precious to him. He cares for all those around him, especially me and my mother. He encourages me and supports me. He is my best friend.
My father is known as Konoha's White Fang. I think maybe it's because of his hair, but he can also summon a large white dog with razor sharp teeth. He's fast and strong and smart, but also patient and kind. He says when I graduate the academy, he'll get me a dog, or rather teach me a dog summons. He says I'll be able to summon that large wolf dog soon.
He is a hero of the village and has been on countless missions. They were all successful and even the Hokage recognizes him. His comrades all look up to him as their leader. He tells me teamwork is the most important thing to being a shinobi. He protects the village with his life. But he also tells me that he has had to kill many people too. He seems sad about that. He does not like to talk that much about his missions even though I like those stories best.
He tells me stories of Konoha's past heroes. I like the ones about the First and Second Hokages. I want to be Hokage! Maybe my father can be Hokage someday, you never know what will happen with the sannins. He is funny and tells me jokes too. Ever hear the one about the shinobi who wanted to summon a horse but just got a part of a horse? He summoned an ass!
He taught me my first jutsu when I was two - a thousand years of pain. He tries to spend time with me though I know he is very busy. He is always thinking of me. For my birthday my father bought me a custom set of kunais and shurikens made a bit smaller because my hands were too small to hold the normal versions well. I remember all the times when he was able to train with me.
Not only is he a great shinobi, he knows how to fix a toaster, stop a leak, and all sorts of repairs. He's also a good cook and can make mochi. My mom says she loves him because he can cook better than she can. He can also whittle blocks of wood into animal shapes. He made me a set of the zodiac animals. My favorite is the dog of course.
Everyone respects him and looks up to him. I'm proud to call him my father so that's why my father is my hero.
Kakashi noted to himself: I really am a genius! Exactly 500 words after playing with the contractions - damn I'm good!