Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Fated ❯ Fated ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto, nor do I own the song “Fated” By Ayumi Hamasaki. If I owned Naruto, The already obvious SasuNaru would have been already established, and The girls would ether be taken out or made more useful in someway or another. Plus I would have included my own character into this little anime.

A/N: Well here is a one-shot I’m making on a spur of the moment. I was watching the video to Fated, and it inspired me to write this one-shot about SasuNaru. I’m making this a songfic and using the English version of the lyrics so you can understand it better. I encourage you to watch the video, but first watch “Glitter” Because it’s the first part of the story. They’re are really sad but beautiful.


Warnings: This is very sad and angsty with a little foul language. No there isn’t any lime/lemonish things in this one, but there will be in my next one shot rest assured. Enjoy.

Do you believe in fate
A momentary encounter
That changes everything in your life
Before that?

A worry line had etched itself into the brow of one azure eyed man as he sat in is living room. He never let his eyes fleet from the clock as it ticked away. All that could be heard was the light ‘Tick tock’ and his slightly labored breathing as he curled his arms around his legs in worry.

‘ 9:30’ he thought with a frown. Sasuke was supposed to be here almost two hours ago, and it defiantly wasn’t like the Uchiha to be late let alone this late. They were going to finally get married next month and they had a lot of planning to do, but no doubt Naruto being his regular hyperactive self would try to control the wedding like the natural Uke he was.

We notice it the moment our eyes meet someone’s
We come to feel it sure with contacting him or her
But then once
We feel weak in the knees
~*~Flashback~*~

Sasuke hooked his fingers through the belt straps of Naruto’s jeans and pulled him back causing him to land with a slight ‘oof’ in the Raven haired man’s lap.

“Sasuke” He whined out with a pout. “Don’t do that” He said while feigning anger. Said Raven chuckled deeply before planting a kiss atop his head and nuzzling his neck slightly.

I’ve been thinking that I could reach your voice
I’ve been thinking that this dream wouldn’t come true
But the person before my eyes is
You see? No one else but you
Where does this road lead to
And how does it continue?
Even if I imagine them
It’s of course that I have no clue

“What are you thinking about Naru-chan” He drawled out while wrapping his arms around the blond. Naruto grew a shit eating smile and faced the Uchiha happily. “ I was thinking, we should have orange for the wedding. You know I do love me some orange” He said as giddy as a school girl. Sasuke raised an eyebrow silently asking if he was serious which earned him an oblivious unaffected look. He sighed before flicking the blond on the nose who let out a slight whine. “Dobe, we aren’t having orange as the theme, this is the fourth time you asked.”
Naruto pouted then threw his hands into the air. “But…but, I love orange! And this time I didn’t ask this time I said we would. There’s a difference teme.”

Sasuke snorted before gently picking the blonde off his lap and setting said boy down next to him before standing up.

“ Whatever Dobe, well talk about this later tonight, I need to go home and get some things then I’ll be back ok?” He asked before leaning down and placing a chaste kiss upon his lips. Naruto whimpered and wrapped his arms around his lover and future husband’s neck. “When is later?” He questioned. For a 25-year-old, Naruto was one needy bishie to say the least. Sasuke pursed his lips in thought before looking Naruto in the eyes.

I feel the more I wish to be strong
The weaker my heart becomes in inverse proportions

“It should be around eight or so. Not too long I promise”

Naruto nodded with a grin before kissing him one last time and releasing him from his grip. Sasuke picked up his helmet and walked to the door with the blond trialing behind him. He stepped through the maze of moving boxes Naruto had littered around and walked out the door. He hopped onto his bike and revved it up.
“ You know Sasuke, you really shouldn’t drive motorcycles. Be careful ok love?” He questioned with a slight frown. Sasuke winked at the blonde and gave him one last loving look before speeding off down the rode.

~*~ End Flashback ~*~

Not twenty minutes later had it started pouring had Naruto spent his three hours alone packing up more stuff. He and Sasuke had just bought their house together, and Naruto needed to get his stuff ready for the move next week. Sighing as it ticked to Ten ‘O clock, Naruto grabbed his car keys not bothering to grab a jacket and ran out into the pouring rain. “ Sasuke-teme, where are you” he growled before hopping into his Honda Accord and driving off. He was headed to Sasuke’s place when doubt rang through his mind. ‘ Maybe I’m over reacting. What if I go there just to see he was running a bit late. I don’t want to seem like the crazy needy boyfriend or anything. Maybe he got called to work, after-all he was going to be running his family business soon.’ He thought in his head.

All of these thoughts eased his worry as a smile was placed on his face. He was about the turn his car around and go back when he passed up an ambulance speeding off past him. Curious, he kept going ahead to see what happened. His eyes saw glass and broken metal everywhere as he pulled to a stop behind the last remaining cop car. He jumped out and shielded himself from the rain as he ran up to a uniform clad woman in her late 40’s it seemed.

“E-excuse me” He said with a slight shiver as the woman looked surprised in his direction. She lowered her hat to block out the heavily pouring rain before running up to him.

“Young man, what are you doing here. There was a big accident here you should get home.” she said while pointing to his car.
He nodded as if he knew then shook his head.
“Ok, but what happened here?” He questioned. He couldn’t figure out where this sudden feeling of dread came from but shook it off.
“ There was an accident. A guy on a motorcycle was rammed by a mini van. The van lost control on the slick rode and ran into oncoming traffic. Unfortunately the boy on the motorcycle didn’t make it.” She said while shaking her head sadly and heading to her car.
“So young too” She muttered to her partner as she got into her car and they both drove off.
He looked curiously towards the motorcycle, or what was left of it and saw something sparkle beneath the harsh raindrops. Walking towards the handlebars, he bent down and grabbed whatever it was and his heart immediately stopped beating.
It was a tiny fox charm that had little rubies incrusted in it. Though they weren’t real, the owner of the charm said that it was the thought of who gave it to him which mattered. He choked on a few sobs as his body shook and he studied the motorcycle. It was slick black with a slight blue tint. Sasuke’s favorite colors. The charm was a dead give-away to who the driver was. Memories flashed in his head.

Sasuke’s smile.

His laugh

When he was confused.

The first time he said…. I love you.


They all caused a heart wrenching pain in his heart. His mind couldn’t wrap around what his body knew. Sasuke…was dead. He fell to the ground as the tears finally came out rivaling the harsh rain fall as his sobs of agony and pain rang out across the empty highway.

“Sasuke..Sasuke why?!” He shouted to no one.

I shouted your name in tears
I wished I wouldn’t wake up, if it were a dream
Ahh, the person before my eyes was you. You see?
No one else but you.

He looked at the side pocket of the motorcycle and saw a small box protruding from it. Still sobbing and blurry eyed, he reached for the box and shakily attempted to open it with shaky fumbling fingers. Finally getting a reasonably good grip, he open the box and started to sob more at what he saw. It was a beautiful silver band with tiny swirls carved onto it. The symbol Naruto was most know for wearing. Almost as much as he was know for wearing orange and being contagiously happy. On the inner ring was Naruto’s name as well as Sasuke’s.
“ Naruto. For always, I will love you” Was engraved into it as well as his whole world came crashing down.

If only I had deserved your love
As many times as you said you loved me
If only I had loved you
As many times as I said I loved you.

He looked up to the sky as he shakily stood up and made his way to the car. His cell rang as he hesitantly answered.

“H-hello” Came his horse and distressed answer.

“ Na-Naruto! Thank the gods y-you answered.” Came the motherly voice he knew and loved.

“Mrs. Uchiha. Hello” he said barely able to hold back his cries. She sounded as if she was crying on the other end as well as a few other muffled voices.

“Sasuke was….Sasuke is… I…Please. I need you here Naruto, Sasuke was in an accident and he…” She trailed off as she broke down on the other line. A male voice took over and he sounded as if he was trying his best to keep it together.

“Naruto. We need you to come with us… to the hospital. You are his fiancé and he loved you as well as we do.” This was Mr. Uchiha.
So this wasn’t a dream? It was real and.. Now he had to look at Sasuke for one of the last times knowing his love wouldn’t be looking back. He told him he was on his way before starting up his car and making the painful drive to the Uchiha Manor.

I gave up, thinking I couldn’t reach your voice
I gave up, thinking that this dream wouldn’t come true
You see? Though the person before my eyes
Was the real you.






A/N: Thank you for taking the time to read this. This made me sad though I felt it was a little cliché. I was just in a frumpy mood and a sad one-shot was calling out to me, thought it originally was going to be a lemon. The song made me change my mind though so. Enjoy and reviewing, flaming whatever is greatly appreciated. Thank you all.