Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Fighting Dreamers ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2
 
 
At first it was barely a kiss. Iruka closed his eyes. Kakashi's lower lip, its texture pliable and soft, barely brushed Iruka's, awakening his senses. As it sent goose bumps down his neck, back, and arms, a gentle breath of air from Kakashi hit Iruka's skin. Iruka trembled, feeling a shiver creep up his spine into every part of his body, exciting him.
 
“Do you like me, Kakashi-kun?” Iurka asked, taking in the handsome features of Kakashi's face thinking, ever since I met him, I've longed to see his face. It's so beautiful. His eye followed the perfect angle of Kakashi's jaw line to his strong, angular chin, up above to his high cheekbones that gave his face its chiseled definition, along with his smooth, straight aquiline nose, arched brows and firm lips, completing his lovely portrait as a whole.
 
“I always have,” Kakashi whispered, running his fingers along Iruka's soft jaw line, round chin and pink, youthful cheeks that hid any sign of adult cheekbones. Kakashi traced the thin scar from under one eye to the other, over Iruka's turned up nose, admiring his full lips and wide brown eyes, full of kindness and love. So gentle and sweet, I can why he loves Naruto thought Kakashi, kissing him again.
 
With his fingers he grabbed the dark fabric of Iruka's turtleneck, sliding it down to expose his neck. In the dip at his neck's base, Kakashi kissed him and then nibbled, biting softly into the dark, tender flesh. “Mmm. You taste like chocolate, sweeter than my old koi. But when he died, a part of me died too. Since then I've been searching for my lost self.” Kakashi lost himself in Iruka's deep, brown-black irises. “In your eyes, Iruka-kun, I see him.”
 
“You see your lost self inside me?” said Iruka, fixated on Kakashi's lonesome gaze.
 
“Yeah,” Kakashi admitted, sliding his mask back up. “It's like you see yourself in Naruto, and I seem myself in you, Iruka-kun. We all have a part of us in another. Maybe that's why I said before that when I protected Naruto, I'm protecting you too.”
 
“Ah, that makes sense,” replied Iruka, helping Kakashi adjust his hitai-ate, so it covered his red Sharingan eye. “Just remember, I'm here for you too, Kakashi-kun.”
 
Kakashi smiled heartily and a joyful twinkle danced in his single visible eye.
 
His gray irises, they were so dark and stormy before, flashing with his Chakra. Now they are calm like the sea on a cloudy day, observed Iruka to himself. Perhaps his heart has started to heal.
 
“Let's go. After all, I don't want the other jounins to know something went on,” said Kakashi, winking slyly at Iruka.
 
* * *
 
Naruto crouched over on the little roped swing outside of the Ninja Academy. He cried there many times before, like on the day he failed his graduation exam at the Academy. It was thanks to Iruka-sensei's compassion he managed to graduate at all. But today, a new trouble ailed him: heartache.
 
Earlier that day, Naruto confessed his feelings to Sakura, saying, “Sakura-chan, I've felt this way for a long time, but.”
 
“But what, Naruto?” she demanded.
 
“Sakura-chan, I…I love you!” he confessed, holding out a rose.
 
“Naruto-kun, you know I'm in love with Sasuke-kun,” Sakura sniffled. “I can't love you back, I…I'm sorry.”
 
Naruto burst into tears, wailing out agony from the pain of rejection and heartache. It hurt so bad like a knife driven into the heart, life after lifetime, buried deeper and deeper, with each experience of suffering, that no words could describe the bottomless well of despair that consumed Naruto's soul. The emotional turmoil Naruto experienced triggered Kyubi's chakera, bursting out violently in red torrents of energy from the spiral seal on Naruto's stomach. Kyubi's deafening roar tore the sky asunder and the earth quaked in fear.
 
“That dreadful chakra!” cried Kakashi, outside the Hokage's residence, further in Konoha. “I felt it at the bridge in the Nation of Waves. It's Kyubi!”
 
“What!?” shouted Iruka, loosing his balance from the earthquake. “I thought the fourth Hokage-sama sealed him 12 years ago!”
 
“He did, in Naruto's navel. But in a sudden traumatic experience, Kyubi's chakera somehow leaks through Naruto's seal. We gotta stop it!” Kakashi grabbed Iruka and they teleported to Naruto.
 
As soon as they appeared by Naruto, Iruka yelled, “Naruto-kun! It's sensei!”
 
“Stay back, Iruka!” warned Kakashi, holding him back.
 
But Iruka broke free, racing to his Naruto through the flaming chakra that engulfed him, like a column of fire shot up into the sky. He swept the boy in his arms.
 
“Naruto! Naruto!” called out Iruka, shaking him. “It's Iruka! You must calm down or you'll destroy us all!”
 
To be continued…