Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Forbidden Past, a New Future! ❯ Chuunin Exams Begin! ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Chuninn Exams Begin!
Prt. 1 the written Test: Cheating without being caught.
 
I woke up early today preparing for our new missions for today. Today I was wearing my usual clothes, a dark red hakama and a white kimono shirt with wide sleeves. Placing my forehead protector on my forehead, and my ninja gear in place I headed out the door.
I walked to the bridge to meet the others for our missions.
Late as usual, Kakashi shows up.
“These are applications for the Chuunin Exam. Said Kakashi handing us the paper
I know Sauske and are okay, but I'm worried about Naruto and Sakura, well it was mostly worried about because she doesn't really have any Justus and is kind of weak. As far as I could tell, Kakashi was also worried about Sakura.
After that I headed home to practice my new Justus I've been working on.
I was half way home when I was attacked by a ninja. I easily knew it was just an illusion technique.
“Why are you here?” I asked.
“You are wasting your time with the Chuunin exam.” He said.
“As if!” I yelled. Then I took out my kunai knife and tossed it at him. And he disappeared.
I realized it must have been a test to see if we were able to be in the Exams.
Later I was told to meet at the School to enter the Chuunin exams.
On my way there I caught up with Naruto, Sauske and Sakura, who also had the same encounter with the ninja's that attacked us.
Inside the school, a couple of bully Chuunin exam entrants throw up an illusion attack and give several of the rookies a hard time.
“Good Job Sakura, you figures out their illusionary Justus.” Said Sauske.
Irritated, the main bullly charges at Sauske preparing to attack him.
Then a fellow Genin called Rock Lee, steps in and easily blocks Sauske's and the bully's attack. I can tell Sauske is amazed how someone could stop his attacks so fast. Then a team mate of Lee's asks for Sauske's name. Looking over at Naruto he was jealous. Lee's team mates are, TenTen and Neji. After that we all go ahead to the application process.
Then shortly after, as we were heading to the room, Lee confronts Sauske again.
“ I Wish too fight you, Sauske.” Said Lee
Lee then admits his love for Sakura.
“aww you here that Sakura? He likes you.” I said teasing her.
“noooo!” Sakura cried out. She was only interested in Sauske.
Lee blows her a kiss and Sakura avoids it. Lee then blows more kiss and Sakura avoids all of them too.
Jealous, Naruto yells “ “I'll fight you Bushy Brows!”
Then Naruto charges at Lee, but Lee simply pushes him into a wall.
Ouch that's really gotta hurt I thought.
“I accept your Challenge Lee” says Sauske.
I then whisper to Sakura, “Wake me up when this is over.”
I sit against a wall and take a short nap.
A few minutes later I was woken up by Sakura saying:
“Sauske! Are you alright?”
I stretched and looked at Sauske, who was badly beaten up and on the floor.
“Wow Sauske actually was beaten.” I said.
Then a giant talking turtle appears, who then started to yell at Lee for fighting.
“is that turtle Lee's Sensei?” asked Naruto.
“I highly doubt it” I answered.
. Gai-sensei then appears on top of the turtle and punches Rock Lee hard in the face as punishment.
“I'm Sorry Gai Sensei.” Said Lee who was now Crying.
Gai then also begins to cry and hug each other.
“This is really, weird.” Said Sakura
“To think that He actually beat Sauske is sad.” I added
“Its kind of Sweet.” Said Naruto
I then stared at Naruto after that comment.
“How's my Rival, Kakashi is doing?” asked Gai.
“You know Kakashi?” asked Sauske
“Yes, we're long eternal rivals; of course, I am ahead, 50 wins and 49 losses.
Lee then turns to us and says
“I'm actually not the strongest one in my groups. Neji Hyuga is.”
Before we head to the room we all agree that the Chuunin exam will be interesting.
“We're going to be late!” I said looking at the clock. We all then run to the room
When we arrived at the door Kakashi was waiting for us.
“Good you all made it. Good to see you here as well Sakura.” Said Kakashi.
“The Chuunin exams can only be taken in teams of three, with the exception of you Akia.” Said Kakashi.
“But I thought you said that it's our own free will to choose if we wanted to take the exam or not.” Said Sakura.
“I did, but if this were a team of three naruto, and Sauske would have to force you to participate. But since its not either you, Akia, or even Naruto could drop out and you would still be able to take the exam. “explained Kakashi.
“I am very proud of all of you that you agreed to take the exam.” Said Kakashi
Then we all went inside the room.
As I looked around, there were many Genins here to take the exam.
Then Ino sees Sauske and begins to hug him.
Oh no, Ino plus Sakura equals trouble. Then I stepped to the side to avoid trouble.
Then our fellow class mates gather around us. I spotted, Asuma's team, Shikamaru, complains way too much but is very smart when he wants to be, Chouji, always munching on a snack, and Ino, who is also in love with Sauske, Sakura and Ino used to be friends but now are rivals. Next is Kurenai's team Hinata Hyuga, shy and has a major crush on Naruto but Naruto never notices it, she's okay and really nice, Kiba and his cute dog, Akamaru, they can talk back and forth. I secretly have a crush on Kiba. Finally, Shino, who controls bugs, and is kind of secretive.
“Well, Well, if it isn't The losers.” Said Kiba
“You guys are going down.” Said kiba.
And the fighting begins. I thought to myself
Then I look around and find that everyone and I mean everyone Is staring at us.
“yikes!” I cried hiding behind everyone.
Then another Genin; who introduces himself as Kabuto.
“Hi Kabuto.” I said.
“This is my seventh time taking the exam.” Explains Kabuto.
“You're seventh time?!” asked Naruto
“Hey, then you know a lot about the exams, care to give us some advice?” asked Sauske.
“The Chuunin exam takes place twice every year, this is my 4th year taking the exam.
Then this must be very difficult. I thought.
“I have a deck of recognition cards that has information on all the Genin form all the past four years.”
“The Cards appear blank, but to have the info appear, I have to have chakra in the cards.” Explained Kabuto. Soon an image of the exam's total number of examinees and countries participating appear.
We all gather in closer to see the images.
“We take the exam in teams to deepen the friendships with other villages and to heighten the level of the ninja. However, I think the real purpose is to confirm the level of the ninja in each adjacent country and to try to balance out the power. They do this to check and restrain each country's powers.” Said Kabuto.
“ do you have any information on individual genin?” asks Sauske.
“yes I do, give me information about them.” Said Kabuto.
“Their names are, Gaara of the desert and Rock Lee.” Replied Sauske.
Who's Gaara? I wondered.
Kabuto puts his hand on a card and turns it over.
“Rock Lee is a year older than you. He's done 20 D-rank missions and 11 C-rank missions. The squad leader is Gai-sensei and his teammates are Tenten and Hyuuga Neji. His hand to hand combat skills have increased dramatically this past year, but his other skills are terrible. This is the first time taking the Chuunin.” Said Kabuto.
“Next is Gaara, Gaara of the desert completed 8 C-rank and 1 B-rank mission and returned from all his missions unharmed. This is his first time taking the exam.”
“Unharmed? He must be really good then.” Commented Kiba.
Kabuto then takes out another card.
“The participants for this bi-annual Chuunin exam include: Fire Country, Hidden Konoha (Leaf Village) - 72 participants Wind Country, Hidden Sand Village - 30 participants Grass Country - 15 participants Waterfall Country - 12 participants Rain Country - 21 participants Sound Country - 3 participants”
“not much on the Sound Country, its very mysterious and secretive. Explained Kabuto
“Any way, you guys should keep a low profile.” Explained Kabuto, gathering up his cards.
Ignoring Kabuto, Naruto stands up and draws attention to himself.
No no, don't Naruto. I didn't want to be noticed.
“My name is Naruto Uzamaki, and I will beat all of you!” he said
All the ninja's were annoyed and looked like they were going to kill him.
I squat down wanting to be hidden out of the way.
Then, 3 members of the sound team creep up to Kabuto and attack him
 
 
 
“He dodged all of their attacks?” I said.
“That was fast.” Said Sauske
But, it seems as though he dodges the attack, but soon his glasses break and he kneels down to vomit.
Then, Morino Ibiki, the examiner of the first test of the Chuunin Exam, shows up.
“Sound team there is no fighting allowed, that goes for the rest of you.”
“The first test is a written test.” Explained Ibiki.
“Aww man a written test? Why did it have to be written test?” complained Naruto.
Naruto is not going to do well with this, mabey Sauske will be okay, I know Sakura will do okay. i thought to myself. Taking my seat.
 
Then Ibiki explains the rules. “
“1. Each participant is given 10 points at the start. The written exam consists of 10 questions, each worth 1 point. The test is a deduction based test, so if you get all problems correct, your point total remains at 10. If you get 3 problems incorrect, your point total is reduced to 7. 2. The pass/fail decision is determined by team's total points. 3. If a participant is caught cheating, each action will cause him/her to lose 2 points. If they drop to 0 points, they are kicked out of the exam. 4. If anyone on the team gets a 0, the entire team will fail. 5. The last problem will be given 45 minutes after the test begins. They have 1 hour to complete the exam.”
I then looked down at my paper I only know three of the questions.
Oh man we are doomed I thought to myself. By this time I was getting really nervous. All the questions were too hard. Then I began to think back on what the examiner said about cheating. It's as if he wants us to cheat wait that's it! I figured out the true perpose of the test. The test's purpose was not to test knowledge, but to test how well they can conceal their cheating. Do it like a first rate ninja and not get caught while gathering the correct answers. But how to cheat without getting caught? Then I decided I would use a priestess technique called a shikigami, a paper doll that most people can't see, and can take form of anything or anyone. I made a small one in the replica of me so the shikigami could see the answers and give them to me.
A while later into the test, examiners were getting kicked out. We were dropping like flies. Time ticks away until the 10th problem is given. There is one special rule for it - what they call a hopeless rule.
“everyone must choose if they wish to take the tenth problem, however, those who choose not to take it will fail. The other rule is that if they choose to take it and get it wrong, they will lose the privilege of taking the Chuunin exam forever.”
What?! What kind of rule is that?
Then Several participants decide not to take it.
I saw Naruto slowly raises his hand, but slams it down.
For I minute I thought he was going to quit.
“I am ready for final question. So just give it already!” yelled Naruto.
With that outburst, Naruto wipes out everyone else's uncertainty and the 78 remaining all decide to take the last question.
“You all pass. There was no such thing as the 10th question.” Said Ibiki.
“What?!” I exclaimed
“the test's purpose lies in the first rule: that their pass-fail decision is based on your three person teams. The point was to put lots of pressure on you so you would strive not to let down your teams. However, the current exam problems can't be solved by Genin, so the exam initially assumed that everyone would cheat. We snuck to two Chuunins who knew all the answers to be the targets of cheating. We wanted everyone to use their stealth in order to test how well refined your information gathering skills were. The tenth question was a two choice problem - to take it or not.”
“a similar real-life ninja mission that carries heavy risks and how courage and confidence are necessary. Chuunins need to be steadfast in their unwavering decisions.”
 
 
Suddenly, our new examiner breaks in through the window and announces that second examiner, Mitarashi Anko is here.
“You were too easy on them, I'll fail more than have of these ninja.” Said Anko.
 
“Tomorrow morning, arrive at the 44th training area, the forest of death.” Said Anko.
Prt 2 Orochimaru's appearance
 
The next morning bright an early I put on my priestess clothing, and gathered all my ninja weapons, and of course my own weapon a fan.
I met up with Naruto, Sauske and Sakura at the entrance to the Forest of Death.
“Alright Listen up! This is called the Forest of Death.” Explained Anko.
Then Naruto startes making fun of her and the name “Forest of death.
“This is the Forest of Death blah blah.” Said Naruto
“Shut up Naruto! Your embarrassing us.” I said, while hitting him on the head.
Then Anko pulls out a shuriken, and throws it at Naruto cutting him on the cheek.
After Reprimanding Naruto, she hands out some papers.
“these are consent forms, some of you may die during this exam. This exam is a survival exam in the 44th training area, a circular region surrounded by 4 locked gate entrances dubbed the Forest of Death. There is a river, a forest, and in the middle is a tower within the area. The area is also infested with vicious monsters and poisonous plants. The exam consists of a competition over two scrolls - the scroll of heaven and scroll of earth - which are evenly split among 26 teams. Each team receives either a scroll of heaven or a scroll of earth. To pass, a team must bring both scrolls to the tower within 5 days. That means at least half (at least 13 teams) won't pass. if a scroll is destroyed within the 5 days, the number of successful teams will drop as well. Also, because the exam is taken in teams, if any team looses a teammate, that team will fail. Once the consent form is signed, no one is allowed to give up during the 5 days of the exam.” Anko then explained the rules
“1. a team that cannot bring both scrolls to the tower with the tree teammates will fail. 2. any team that looses a teammate or produces an unrecoverable teammate will fail 3. teams are not allowed to look inside scrolls until they reach the tower this test is to determine reliability. Everyone will begin at same time. Because no one knows which team has which type of scroll, they may have to kill each other if necessary to acquire the correct information.”
I went off and sat by myself looking over the consent form and signing it. A few minutes later we were in line and given an earth scroll. Meaning we would have to get a heaven scroll