Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Forget the Past, Look to the Future ❯ Narrow Your Eyes! Cleverness of a Fox! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto or FFX! *Cries*
 
Ah, going back to school. The joyous time of making new friends and meeting new teachers that will pass their knowledge onto us. It makes me barf. To me, school starting means:
 
1: slower Updating
 
2: Less time on computer
 
3: No more sleeping in
 
4: No more staying up late without your parents nagging you
 
5: No more FREEDOM!
 
These are the reasons it'll start taking me longer to update.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&
Start Point of Mushroom Rock Road
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&
 
There they were. Standing at the entrance to Mushroom Rock Road. Sweating quietly, worrying about the dangers that faced them ahead.
 
Ah, whom I kidding, Gaara and Wakka were arguing over something, while Tidus and Naruto were sleeping standing up with snot bubble out of their noses.
 
“I'm telling you! Carrying a gourd around will slow you down, ya!”
 
“My fighting style doesn't require me to move.”
 
Then, the rest of the group quietly arrived to see two sleeping blondes and two arguing red heads.
 
Turning to Lulu, Yuna asked her a question. “Why is this place called Mushroom Rock Road?”
 
“Parts of the road are made up by rocks that act like platforms. Those rocks were in the shape of Mushrooms. There was also said to be a giant mushroom shaped rock somewhere here too.” was the Goth's reply.
 
Thanking her, Yuna walked over to the blonde sleeping boys, and steeling herself, she did the one thing that always wakes a dude up.
 
Slapping them.
 
“Ow!” both boys woke up and immediately clutched their faces. All the while, chibi tears fan down their faces.
 
“Now that the idiots have woken up, we can go.” said Lulu as she walked past the two blondes.
 
“Mo…Lulu, that was mean!” pouted Naruto as he looked at her retreating form.
 
They walked along the path, encountering fiends along the way. Easily dealt with, the group continued on there way until a pack of giant flying birds flew in their way.
 
“Nani? What are a bunch toucans doing in our way?” asked Naruto, turning to Auron.
 
“Most likely, they think we're their prey.”
 
“Ah… Oi! Gaara! Think you could cook these things?”
 
“Hmm…Maybe. I'd need a good fire though. Plus, those beaks could be used as spice….”
 
“WHY THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT FOOD?!” The group shouted at the conversing duo.
 
“A BIT OF HELP HERE!” Tidus yelled as he swiped at a bird that just tried to pick him up in it's talons. Moving to help the pitiful blonde, Wakka threw his ball at the giant `toucan'.
 
Casting Fira, Lulu set another one of the birds wings on fire, as it landed and started running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.
 
Auron jumped into the air, and delivered a severing slice to a thirds neck as it dissapaeted into pyreflies. Looking at how Tidus was faring, he rushed off to help the young man.
 
A bird frantically looked around as it saw that it's prey had disappeared in a poof of smoke. It didn't even feel the weight on it's head. Chuckling as he saw the bird look around for him, Naruto pulled out a kunai and stabbed it in the eye. Giving a cry of agony, the bird fell over and turned into pyreflies.
 
Gaara had just crushed the poor canary in his Sabaku Soso before it even knew what had happened.
 
“Now that's just mean Gaara. You didn't even give it time to cluck.”
 
“Yeah well, I don't care. Why the hell are there still 5 more birds here?”
 
“Cause nobody else besides me, you, Auron, Lulu, and maybe Yuna with her Aeons can kill one.”
 
Closing his eyes, Gaara decided to do something really random.
 
He burped. Then, sand started coming out of his gourd.
 
Teikoku Tomurai no Sunaarashi: Kyuujuukyuu Angunahitobito no Kujo (Sandstorm of the Imperial Funeral: Destruction of 99 Dark Souls) said the Tanuki container as he held out both his hands in front of him.
 
Each grain of sand lifted itself into the air as it sped towards the remaining five birds. Making shadow clones to pull everyone out of the way, Naruto summoned a frog to place a shield to ward off any ricocheting sand, scaring the shit out of the group besides Gaara and Auron.
 
The grains impaled the birds as pyreflies stated oozing from the wounds. Lowering his arms, Gaara went back to folding them and started continuing down the road.
 
Dismissing the toad, Naruto looked over the battle field. “Long name, but quick and efficient.” He finished as he caught up with the sand user.
 
The rest of the group who didn't know their power, were in awe at the pure strength the two had.
 
“Better get moving, or Raccoon boy and Hot head will get to far a head.”
 
“WE HEARD THAT!”
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&
Crusader Roadblock
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&
 
The group arrived in a clearing that was filled with questioning people wondering why they couldn't continue on their way.
 
Walking past most of the confused groups, the Yuna gang walked right past most of them and tried to continue on.
 
“Sorry, but this road is closed off for the duration of operation Mi'hen.” Said a crusader who stepped in the group's way.
 
Clearly mad at this, Naruto picked the man up by the scruff off his uniform and threw him aside. Looking at the man, Naruto glared at him. “I'll take full responsibility for this guys, go on ahead.”
 
“That won't be necessary.”
 
Turning to the person who made the their presence known, Naruto narrowed his eyes as Gaara readied his gourd.
 
Seymour, noticing this, waved his hands as if he didn't want to fight. “I will take full responsibility for this. Please allow Yuna and her guardians passage through the blockade.”
 
“But sir, the operation…”
 
Seemingly tired of the rambling, Seymour added an edge to his voice. “As I said, I will take full responsibility.”
 
Quickly getting up, the frightened crusader granted them passage through the road.
 
Waling over to the Guado Maester, Yuna bowed to him. “Thank you, for the assistance.”
 
Al he did was smile at her, but Naruto and Gaara saw a sinister intent behind that, knowing he was playing with her, using her.
 
“Let's go, we need to get to the next temple.” Naruto said, trying to get Yuna away from that man as fast as possible.
 
“Hm. You're right lets go.”
 
Naruto stayed behind a little bit longer, staring at Seymour, who returned his gaze. Tuning around sharply, Naruto slipped into a brisk pace to catch up to the group.
 
Seymour narrowed his eyes at the retreating blonde's back as he thought, `I'm going to have to watch him…he might know of my intentions.'
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&
Operation Mi'hen Base of Operations
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&
 
The group had arrived at the end of Mushroom Rock Road as the found the operating place of operation Mi'hen. They had encountered Luzzu outside and Wakka had punched him. (It happens just like in the game, but with Gaara holding back Wakka with sand.)
 
“Auron, Naruto, Gaara! Where have you three been these past three years?”
 
“Kinoc, it's good to see you…” said Auron to the battle monk Maester.
 
Giving the prayer first to the Maester, Wakka asked how he knew them.
 
“I had met Auron in Bevelle (I think Braska started there)” and then he gave a sort of embarrassed blush, “And I met Naruto and Gaara when Naruto pulled me away to give me a -cough- anichaichaparadisebook -cough” he said, rushing through the last part.
 
However, Auron and Gaara instantly turned to the beaming blonde, glaring at him and then bonked him over the head.
 
“I THOUGHT WE TOLD YOU TO STOP WRITING THAT/JIRAIYA'S BOOK!”
 
“Gomen! I didn't mean to! I was just so tempted!”
 
“THERE'S NO DIFFERENCE!”
 
Walking over to the cliff, Lulu looked down at what they were doing. Widening her eyes, she looked back to Maester Kinoc. “Aren't those Sinspawn?!”
 
Walking over to Lulu, Wakka peered over her shoulder and noticed something else. “And aren't those Al Bhed and their Machina?! What are they doing here?!”
 
“To fight Sin.” Came another person's voice as they entered the small mountain top.
 
“Seymour, What are you doing here?” asked Naruto, readying himself again. He really didn't like the air around this person.
 
“To help fight Sin.”
 
“That doesn't answer my question.”
 
Wakka, cleary wanting answers of his own, stepped up next to Naruto. “Why are there Al Bhed here?”
 
(The rest continues like in the game, until the spawn break free.)
 
“Kuso, Gaara! Get your gourd ready! Here comes the spawn!” shouted Auron at Gaara, as the rest of the group turned towards the cliff, where the fellow head of the fiend poked through.
 
This was one big fiend.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;
A/N: I not completely satisfied with this chapter…oh well.
 
Click the button in the lower right hand corner, you know you want to…