Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Forget the Past, Look to the Future ❯ Brace Yourself! A New Threat Approaches! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto or FFX
 
Not much to say…
 
But People on deviantart. If you want to, you can use your fabulous art skills to make an art piece of my fic, your mighty welcome. Just give the credit for WHERE you got the drawing idea to me, send me the link, and then I'll put it on an update, or in my profile, giving credit for the drawing to you.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&
 
Silence went through the gang as they looked at the giant yellow fiend. Suddenly, Naruto shouted in aggravation, “Why the hell is everything I fight bigger than me?!”
 
“'Cause you're just short.”
 
“Shut up!”
 
“Well…Gaara has a point.
“I thought you were on my side Auron!”
 
“RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!”
 
Snapping their heads at the fiend, Auron, Naruto, and Gaara saw that the others were already fighting. Shaking his head, Auron rushed to help.
 
“So…what do we do?”
 
“Do what we've always done my friend……read Icha Icha Paradise.” Said Naruto as he pulled out the book Jiraiya gave him before he left to fight Pein…
 
Icha Icha Blackmail: Uncut Edition
 
Staring at the book, which was emitting a heavenly glow, Gaara looked over the blonde's shoulder as he read.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&
 
Tidus was thrown back as he collided with the fiend's right claw. Wakka was attacking from long distance, but was getting more tired by the second. Yuna and Lulu were magically exhausted and Auron was hacking away at the fiend's left arm.
 
Struggling to stand up, he prepared to use is overdrive, Spiral Slice, when Naruto, who left Icha to Gaara, appeared next to him.
 
“You guys take way too long…just like Jecht…” said Naruto as he grabbed onto the teenager's wrist.
 
Appearing about 20 feet above the fiend, Naruto and Tidus started falling.
 
“AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!”
 
Using a minor Fuuton jutsu to lift them a little higher in the air, Naruto threw, yes threw, Tidus at the head of the fiend. “Prepare to stab the damn thing blondie!” shouted Naruto at Tidus, who was now staring wide-eyed at the fast approaching fiend. Pointing the Brotherhood down, he impaled the giant fiend in the head.
 
“Fira!” called out Lulu as she focused it in the opened, screaming mouth. When Tidus pulled the Brotherhood out of it's head, pyreflies started scattering everywhere as the fiend erupted in a blaze of the thoughts and memories.
 
Standing up dramatically, the group looked towards the shore to see minor sinspawn fighting Crusaders and Al Bhed alike, when the thing they all feared came out of the water.
 
Sin.
 
“Fire! Release the catapults! Al Bhed! So, you gonna fire your cannons now, or what?” yelled out a random crusader
 
Boulders started flying towards the giant, as a purple barrier appeared around, just when the cannon the Al Bhed were charging, fired.
 
The group, excluding Gaara, Auron, Naruto and Kimihari, all watched with hopeful eyes as they looked on at the cannon that impacted with the barrier.
 
Then, there was a bright light and explosions and screams were heard as people called for help. Sin was sinking back into the ocean as the fiends were dissipated into pyreflies, and the bodies of people lay defeated, some intact, some not.
 
A roar from a zombified fiend was quickly silenced as Naruto thrusted a Rasengan into it.
 
The group walked down the hill as they noticed Tidus running towards the shore screaming, “GET BACK HERE YOU CUNT LICKING BITCH!”
 
Rolling his eyes, Naruto said, “I'll get him…”
 
(After pulling Tidus out of the water and dragging him away from the group)
 
Naruto grabbed a fistful of Tidus' shirt as he lifted the smaller male off the ground.
 
“Don't you get it yet?! That thing is Jecht! A Jecht that wants to die! Why are you wondering why he did this?! He wants you to hate him, Tidus, he wants you to end his suffering!” whispered Naruto in his ear, “And believe me, if you won't do it, Auron. Gaara, and I will cast away our emotions and save a friend from this. We will kill him, for his own sake.”
 
“Naruto? Tidus? Is everything all right?” came the hesitant voice of Yuna as she walked over to them. Setting Tidus on the ground, Naruto walked back to the staring group as Tidus looked down at the ground in deep thought.
 
`Is Naruto right? Does dad really want me to hate him, just to end his suffering?'
 
“Tidus, is everything alright?” asked the summoner kneeling next to him with her hand on his shoulder with a slight blush.
 
Looking up out of his musings, Tidus blushed slightly at their proximity.
 
“Let's go, I'd like to get to the next temple as soon as possible.” Called Auron, breaking them out of their stupor. Running to catch up with the group, Tidus was held back by Kimihari, who told him something about Yuna that she would try her hardest to make people smile, so smile for her.
 
Walking down the path, hey came across some crusaders pursuing Sin, and learned how
their total number of arms had been nearly reduced to nothing. And then they finally arrived at the temple, which was encased in rock, before the rocks were blown off, and lifted into the air by lightning.
 
And then Yuna passed out.
 
“Yuna!” shouted Tidus as he ran to catch her, but stopped when Naruto appeared out of nowhere, can picked her up bridal style.
 
Gaara walked over to a nearby, small, inn that was conveniently placed close to the temple. “She is tired from today's events, as we all are. She must have been pushing herself just to come this far.” He said in his monotone voice, stepping to the side and creating two sand beds and roof for himself, he knew there would be no way there was enough room for he and Naruto. “We'll stay out here and keep watch for the braver fiends that dare come near a temple.”
 
Nodding their heads, the group took a well deserved rest.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&
(I Think it's about time to add the OC antagonists…)
 
In a dark, damp cave close to Besaid, 3 figures stood, planning on their next move.
 
“We did not expect the Uzumaki and Gaara to reveal themselves so early, we must now make haste.” Said a cloaked figure that wore a cloak with snowflakes designed on it with a feminine voice.
 
“Or we could just kill them now, it wouldn't be that hard…” spoke another cloaked man as he rolled a gil between his fingers. He wore a cloak that had flames dancing on the bottom.
 
“We shall wait and see what happens, but ready your troops, and launch the attacks, but 30 miles away from planned destination, these will be bait. The Uzumaki shall come running to us the second he here's of his dear little daughter might be in danger.” said a man that carried a cross on his back as he wore a cloak with a design of the Holy Mother stitched into it.
 
The female went one way, picking up a pack of acupuncture needles, while the giant that said they should be killed picked up his tomahawk. Hefting his cross on his back, the group of three went off in separate directions…
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&
Temple
&&&&&&&&&&& amp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& amp;&&&&
 
-YYYYYAAAAAWWWWWWNNNNNN- (I actually yawned when I typed that…) went Naruto as the group went into the temple. Yuna had overslept, and had a bad case of bed head, and Naruto, they had to carry over to the lake and dunk his head underwater, just to get him out of the deepest layer of sleep into the SECOND deepest…then Gaara just bitched slapped him awake.
 
Now, they were standing infront of the door to the cloister of trials as Naruto just smirked. Oh, he hadn't done what he was about to do in a long time…
 
“Let us proceed…” came the mysterious voice of Auron as he stepped into the trial.
 
Once the entire group was inside, and the entrance was sealed, Auron nodded to Naruto, who nodded in return.
 
Placing his hand on Yuna's shoulder, the two disappeared in a swirl of leaves…
 
“The hell?! Where did they go?!” shouted Wakka as he frantically looked around.
 
Turning to the panicking red head, Auron explained, “Gaara and Naruto are able to teleport somewhere, anywhere, once they've seen it in real life. Since Naruto traveled with Braska and went to the temples with other summoners, he knows the geography of the majority of the world, and thus he can teleport nearly anywhere…he and Yuna are currently outside of the room of the Aeon.”
 
Slack jaws and fish eyes were the facial expressions of Wakka, Lulu, Tidus, and Kimihari. How in hell was it possible for someone to do that?!
 
“Anyways, let us complete this trial…again, Auron.” Gaara said as he picked an orb…
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;
 
When the rest of the group arrived at the entrance to the prayer room, they saw Naruto leaning against the wall, with one foot against it with his eyes closed, clearly waiting for Yuna to finish.
 
Taking positions in the room, they all began waiting…
 
When Wakka asked, “Oi, Gaara! How did not get any sleep , ya?”
 
Here, Naruto began trying to smother a laugh while Gaara got a tick above his eye while Auron started sheepishly scratching the back of his head.
 
Getting rid of his laugh for the time being, Naruto explained…the rather funny story.
 
“Back when Gaara and I were kids, he had a demon sealed inside of him by the name of Shukaku, who eat away at his personality if he ever went to sleep, so Gaara forced himself awake 10 years straight, just to make sure that wouldn't happen. Then, Shukaku got removed, and we later ended up here. Then the insomnia began coming back…in a very funny way.” Said Naruto as he grinned, while Gaara was shooting him a death glare promising pain if he continued, needles to say, Naruto went on. “When we started traveling with Braska, whenever the beds weren't separate, well…Auron somehow always managed to trap Gaara between his arms like a giant panda teddy bear….I called it…
 
PANDA GROPING! CHAA~.~”
 
The group suddenly noticed Gaara wringing Naruto's neck back and forth as a tick was twitching above his eyebrow.
 
Suddenly, the door to the room of the summon opened as Yuna stumbled out, to be caught by Kimihari as he helped her stand.
 
“Well, well, look at this group, quite the number of Guardians, wouldn't you say, Barthello?” said Dona, a rival summoner as she stepped into the room. “I do believe Braska had only four, though Lord Jecht died honorably, the two others, not counting Lord Auron, died against some lowly fiends. I myself only have need for one guardian.”
 
Lifting her head, Yuna glared at Dona, “I have this many, because I trust them with my life.”
 
Then, Dona noticed a presence behind her, “And I would appreciate if you didn't insult me or Naruto.” Came the monotone voice of Gaara as he left the room, the rest of the group following behind him.
 
All Dona did was stare wide eyed at he retreating backs of the group.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
 
A/N: Well, this took longer than expected, but I was picking out parts from the next two chapters and putting them into this. Well, I hope this satisfies you guys!