Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Forgotten Yesterday ❯ Memories of You - Part 2 ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Forgotten Yesterday - Chapter 5
 
Disclaimer: I own nothing but Suzume.
 
---------------
 
Hinata's feet clicked frantically on the rocky floor as she dashed back to the campsite. “Neji-nii-san!” There it was - she could she the faint outline of the rocks surrounding the dead campfire.
 
She ran faster.
 
“NEJI!”
 
Neji bolted upwards, cursing inwardly at the sudden jolt that ran through his system. “What?”
 
Hinata skidded to a stop beside him, breathing heavily. “Neji - rocks - Suzume - Suzu - Suzume..”
 
Neji scrambled out of his sleeping bag and strode over to her, gripping her shoulders. “What is going on?”
 
She swallowed a heavy breath, and then explained it to him. Neji's eyes widened and he dashed off towards the direction Hinata had waved her arms towards. He could hear her behind him, but she wasn't nearly as fast as he was running right now. `Please be okay..'
 
-----
 
“All right class, please pair up with a partner, and we'll go outside.”
 
He shot a quick glance across the room at her and she smiled and nodded. Then a girl blocked his view. “Be my partner, Neji-sama?” She batted her eyelashes.
 
“Sorry.” He mumbled, although he really wasn't sorry, and got up.
 
Suzume was already waiting outside. Neji and Suzume had been together for about half a year, almost. They weren't considered friends, and definitely not more than that. They were just together. They were always each other's partner, and they were always together for lunch and school breaks. But they were never together after school. That was only for friends.
 
She winked at him, and batted her eyelashes jokingly. “Be my partner, Neji-sama?” she mimicked in a high-pitched voice.
 
His lips twitched upwards slightly. “Come on, let's go already.”
 
She laughed and followed him.
 
-----
 
After school, Suzume packed up her stuff to leave school and noticed Neji was standing behind her. She turned around hoisting her backpack onto her back . “Need something?”
 
He shook his head. “Walk you home?”
 
She blinked. Twice. “O-okay.”
 
They walked out of the classroom, an awkward silence following them all the way down the hallway. It didn't leave as they walked down the road towards Suzume's house. They were almost there, when Neji broke the silence.
“..Are we friends?”
 
She paused. "Do you want to be friends?"
 
He kept walking for a while, and she thought he was reconsidering it, but - “…Yes.”
 
She smiled. “Then I will be your friend, Neji.”
 
Neji's lips twitched, but this time they didn't stop halfway. He smiled.
 
---------------
 
AN: D< FINALLY. YAY FOR UPDATES! [/capslock] Woot, another update, not sure when the next one will be. I might make this longer, I'm not sure. I though you guys might want an update sometime soon, so here you go. :3 Better than nothing?
 
I love you all, thank you so much for reviewing. I have to go babysit now. :D <3 Baibai.