Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Four Fears ❯ Four Fears ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.
 
Summary: Hinata fears four things. So do you.
 
Our Fears
 
Hinata fears what she cannot control. So Hinata fears her feelings for Naruto, the loud blonde. She fears them because she cannot control herself - them - around him.
 
When she meets Naruto, she forgets everything: her new-found strength, her friends, her power, her skill.
 
She is reduced to the finger-poking, stammering girl, and she hates her weakness, as much as she fears it.
 
As much as she loves the cause.
 
8888888888
 
Hinata fears what she can most vividly remember. And she remembers pain.
 
She remembers the pain as her younger sister defeats her, the pain as her father rejects her, and, most specifically, the pain when Neji-nii-san defeated her, the pain when Kiba-kun was carried out in a litter…
 
And she fears it. She doesn't want to see it ever happen again.
 
So she trains. She wants to get stronger, so one day she will be able to protect herself. To beat Hanabi. To show her father what she's worth. And to protect her friends.
 
Sometimes, fear is good.
 
8888888888
 
Hinata fears what is immediate. Hinata knows that if she keeps going forward for another two minutes of so, she will meet Sound-nin. That is expected, and she must destroy them.
 
For now, she does not think of her mission, although it is her first time doing such a thing. For now, she does not fear her first meeting with the young daimyo she must seduce and kill.
 
For now, there is only that group of Sound-nin to kill.
 
She finds herself hoping that there are a lot of Sound-nin between her and the daimyo.
 
8888888888
 
Hinata fears what ancestral history has taught her to fear. Some fear confinements, heights, snakes, and spiders because of this. For Hinata, it is only humans outside her tribe.
 
With Byakugan, she can see past her confinement. Shino has taught her not to fear spiders or snakes, and she has been trained until she does not notice heights.
 
But there is no one to protect her from a fellow human. True, Naruto-kun, Kiba-kun, Shino-kun, and even Neji-nii-san would protect her from physical attack, and she can protect herself, but…
 
Not even Neji-nii-san can protect her from the pain of being hated. And that is what Hyuuga Hinata fears most. Rejection.