Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Fox Thief ❯ Memories ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Fox Thief
 
Hyper-active thief
 
lostsun: Here's my first story so I hope you like it.
Sesshy: What's it about?
lostsun: -_- You didn't read the summary?
Sesshy: I didn't think I had to.
lostsun: -_-+ It's about a thief.
Sesshy: Oh, do I have to read it?
lostsun: Yes, you're my koibito so you should read it.
Sesshy: ...Fine...
lostsun: ^_^
 
A girl was jumping through the trees as fast as she could. She was being chased by the ANBU. She was at a young age but already one of the most wanted thieves around. They threw shuriken and kunai at her only for her to easily dodge. “Ha, ya missed!” She shouted at them looking over her shoulder. She made some quick hand signs and whispered, “Shunshin no Jutsu.” She disappeared completely making the ANBU stop and look around. They decided to go back to their village noticing how close they got to Konoha which was of course not their village. They turned around and started towards their village. “Aw man, they gave up already?!” The girl said.
She had sandy blonde hair that went to her shoulders. She had some of it in a ponytail while the rest hung loose, her bangs to short to be put in the ponytail. Her hair was somewhat messy but she really didn't care. She had brown eyes. She wore a deep brown tight shirt with a shirt that looked similar to a kimono but with short sleeves and was a light turquoise and the edging on where the shirt opened up was a very light violet over it with light turquoise shorts that went to her knees (similar to Sasuke's) and black zori.
She jumped out of the tree she was in and looked around. “Alright you can come out Star.” She said. An elegant black fox with white paws and white at the tips of her tail, ears, and snout stepped out of some bushes. She also had a white chest and a white marking on her forehead that looked like a diamond. Her full name was BlackStarLight but the girl called her by Star. ~It's about time you lost them.~ Star said to the girl telepathically. “Well I wanted to have some fun.” She answered. ~How about we get to the next village and get a hotel room?~ Star said in sounding more demanding than asking. “Ok!” She said jogging to catch up to her since she had started to walk away.
 
They had managed to get past the gate and by the guards and were looking around. Konoha was a peaceful village. They heard a splash of water but noticed there wasn't enough water around to make that big of a splash. “I think that came from this way.” The girl said walking towards the sound. Star sighed and followed her.
 
They sat up in a tree and saw some Genin's fighting what looked to be their sensei. They noticed that one of the boys tried to grab a bell from his sensei while attacking him. “Oh, so that's what they're doing, training.” She said. She jumped out of the tree and headed towards the sensei. ~What do you think you're doing?!~ Star yelled at her only to be ignored. The girl quickly ran by the sensei and stopped a few feet away from him. All of the Genin's and sensei turned to look at her. She held up one of the bells by the string and stuck her tongue out smiling, “Is this all you had to do? That was too easy!” She said. Everyone was shocked, even the sensei, who definitely wasn't expecting this to happen while he was training his Genin. Star sighed and laid down to watch knowing that they most likely weren't going to attack her. The sensei was the first to speak, “Um, mind telling us your name?” He asked. She frowned, “A person who asks for someone's name should introduce themselves first.” She said. “Oh, right. I'm Hatake Kakashi, a Jonin of Konoha.” He said. She nodded and looked to the Genin who had all walked over. “This is Haruno Sakura, Uzumaki Naruto, and Uchiha Sasuke.” Kakashi said pointing to who the name belonged to. She nodded and smiled, “That's better. I'm Matoke Riku! Nice to meetcha!” She said. Star decided it was about time for her to walk over to Riku. She got up and ran over to her running past Kakashi and stopped next to Riku. Everyone stared down at her. “Oh, and this is my friend, BlackStarLight but you can call her Star!” Riku said. They nodded. “She's a…unusual color.” Sakura said. Naruto nodded. Riku ignored her comment, “Can you tell me where a hotel is?” She asked. Kakashi had explained to her where the hotel was and she thanked him and ran off, Star giving them a last glance and running off to catch up with Riku.
 
Riku of course had money but a hotel room cost more than she expected. She walked around looking at the villagers and when she saw a man who was busy talking to a girl she quickly walked past him grabbing his wallet without anyone seeing except for Star. She went around the corner and opened the wallet. “Jack pot!” She yelled. The guy had tons of money, 11,445 yen ($100.75). “Awesome, the guys loaded!” Riku said. ~WAS loaded.~ Star said with a smirk. “Got that right.” Riku replied.
 
They headed back to the hotel making sure to get a good room but not spending a lot of the money on it. Riku jumped on to her bed landing on her stomach, “Aaaahhh, a nice soft bed. Haven't slept in one of these in soooo long.” She said grabbing a pillow and hugging it; she was practically in heaven. ~You better get some rest. We have to go pickpocket someone again and go shopping tomorrow.~ Star said jumping on the bed. Riku sat up, still hugging the pillow, and looked at her. “You know Star, we're in a hotel room, you don't need to stay in that form.” She said tilting her head to the side a little. ~Alright.~ Star said.
She started to transform and when she was done she looked human, well except for the fox ears and tail but she could easily hide them when she wanted to. She had midnight black hair with white at the tips and it went to her shoulder blades. Her eyes were gold, the same as her fox forms. She wore a loose sleeve less shirt, white pants, and black zori. She still had the diamond on her forehead but her bangs, which went to her brows, covered it up and instead of it being white it was black. Her ears and tail were the same. She looked the same age as Riku, 13.
“There, happy?” Star said. Riku nodded, “Yup! Your clothes still look weird to me though.” Star got an anime vein, “Riku, my clothes have to look somewhat similar to my fur but not enough to tell I'm your fox.” Riku tilted her head some more, “But with your hair like that it kind of gives it away.” Star tensed a little. She turned her back to Riku and ignored what she said. She could her Riku laugh a little. “Well, let's have some food and go to bed.” Star said standing up and walking over to Riku's backpack (yeah, I forgot to say she had a dark green backpack, sorry). There wasn't a lot of food in it since they had eaten most of it already. She got out a pack of instant ramen and found a pot and put hot water in it and set it on the stove. When the ramen was done she put it in two bowls and gave one to Riku who happily ate it. “Star, your ramen is the best!” She said. Star looked at her, “No, it's just that you burn it every single time you try to make it.” Riku had already finished her ramen, “That's why I have you make it!” She said. Star rolled her eyes and finished her ramen. It was a medium sized bed but since Riku liked it so much she took up most of it so Star had to go back into her fox form to sleep on it.
 
Fumi: That's it for the first chapter! Review and tell me if you liked it!
Sesshy: What are they?
Fumi: You have to read to find out my koibito.
Sesshy: -.- Do I have to?
Fumi: Yes.
Sesshy: -_-+
Fumi: Now I'm hungry. Let's get something to eat.
Sesshy: That was random.
Fumi: I know now lets go. Oh, bye and review!
Sesshy: Is there going to be more info in the next chapter?
Fumi: Yes, now let's go! *drags Sesshy away*
Chapter end
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Memories
 
“Riku, Riku! Get up damn it!” Star was yelling and shaking Riku. It was 6:00 in the morning, the usual time they got up, but since Riku was in a real bed she didn't want to get up. “Mmm, lev me lone.” Riku said pulling the covers over her head. Star stood up straight with clenched fists. “Fine.” She said and walked to the bathroom. “Finally.” Riku said under the covers and tried to get back to sleep. A few seconds after Star had walked away she shot up and jumped out of the bed when cold water was thrown onto her. “Holy shit!” She and the bed was drench with water. Star stood to the right of her holding up an ice bucket that held the water. “Now you can't go back to sleep with the bed like that.” She said. Riku ran past her and into the bathroom. Star could hear the shower turn on. She walked over to the backpack and pulled out a change of clothes for Riku and opened the bathroom door and set them next to the door.
Riku got out of the shower and did some cursing at Star who pretended to pay attention. ~Can we go now?~ Star interrupted. She had gone back into her fox form ready to leave. Riku looked at her and sighed. “Yeah, let me get some stuff from my bag.” She walked over to her backpack and pulled out her shuriken/kunai holster, some leather gloves, and her hitai-ate. “Ready!” She said and ran out the door. ~Wait for me!~ Star ran out after her.
 
They went walking around the village again looking for a place to eat first. Riku looked to her left in front of her and saw a ramen stand called Ichiraku Ramen. “Star, let's eat there!” Riku said pointing at it. Star looked up at it and sweat dropped, ~We just had some last night.~ “Yeah, but that was home cooked. This is from a ramen stand where people are used to cooking it and making it really tasty.” Riku said walking over to it. Star followed her with a confused look on her face. ~That really didn't make any sense.~ She said to herself. While on the way to the stand Riku quickly grabbed someone's wallet and when they were far away she looked in it, “He must have just gone shopping, he doesn't have a lot of money.” Riku said. Star sweat dropped and looked back at the guy. He was holding a small bag so he didn't have much money to begin with. She decided not to mention it though.
They walked in and ordered two bowls of ramen. Both mainly for Riku but Star would have some too. “See Star? Ramen from a stand like this is SO much better then home cooked.” She said. The ramen guy (no clue what he's called) looked at her and smiled, “I can tell you don't have ramen from a stand too often.” He said. She looked up at him, “Yeah, I always to cook my own food.” He nodded and heard another customer come in and turned to go get their orders. “Oh, Naruto, nice to see you again.” Riku looked up and to the right of her she saw the people she met yesterday. “Hatake-san!” She said. They looked over at her. “You're the girl from yesterday.” Sakura said. She nodded, “Matoke Riku!” Naruto looked at her, “Doesn't Matoke mean monkey?” He asked. “Naruto!” Sakura shouted at him. Riku just smiled, “Yup!” Kakashi looked at her. “You have the skills of a ninja. What village are you from?” He asked. “Oh, I'm from Ueki Village. Village hidden in the trees.” She said pulling out her hitai-ate. Kakashi's eyes widened a little; it was rare for ninjas to come or even leave that village. Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura looked very confused, they had never heard of the village. Naruto was the first to speak, “What kind of marking is that?” He asked. Everyone sweat dropped. The marking on it was two vertical lines with a horizontal line between them
(|-|). “Well, the village is mainly built in the trees and to get to different parts of the village there has to be a bridge in between the trees.” Riku explained. “So the village is built in a thick forest.” Sasuke said. Riku nodded. Sakura looked at Kakashi, “Kakashi-sensei I've never heard of that village. Is it a new?” Kakashi looked at her and shook his head, “No, it's been around for a long time it's just that not a lot of their ninja leave the village. In fact, they don't have a lot of ninjas.” He explained. Riku sweat dropped, `Yes we do, we just don't tell anyone.' She thought. She got up and put the money on the counter that would pay for their ramen, “We gotta go, we have to buy some food.” “We?” They asked. Riku pointed to Star. “Oh.” They walked out and started towards the market. “Huh, they don't even MENTION Ueki to the students in the academy.” She said. ~People think it's an unimportant village.~ Star said.
 
They had gotten their food and decided to go sit by a stream that they had seen earlier. Riku remembered her village. She had been taken there by a hunter-nin after an incident that happened to the village she was born in. An old couple, who we're about in their 60's now, adopted her. They we're very kind. Pretty much everyone in Ueki is kind, it's always been a peaceful village but of course every village has its bullies. She didn't really have to worry about them though; she had met a boy her age three days after she got to the village. His name's Akira. His family is very wealthy and highly respected in their village. Her parents were also respected; they grew most of the fruit for the village. Riku had to help with that a lot but she didn't mind, their family always got free food because of that and didn't have to worry about money. It's because of Akira and their sensei, Hiroshi, that she is so skilled of a ninja. They had trained her very hard making her very determined to please them and her village. She and Akira were already at chuunin level by age ten, a lot earlier than all of the other students since the Jutsu's in Ueki are the hardest to learn. Riku had decided to leave the village to see what the other villages were like but by then she already had the skills of a thief which she got yelled at by her parents and Hiroshi at least once a day by pick pocketing the villagers. Of course they had caught on and it became rare for her to take a wallet unseen. She had taught Akira how to pick pocket and steal things for the fun of it. It's also where she met and befriended Star. Akira is the only one besides Riku that can hear her when she's in her fox form.
 
Riku's thoughts were interrupted, ~Are you ok?~ She looked at Star and nodded, “I'm just remembering everybody!” She looked up at the trees, “Hey, let's jump through the trees and see if we can find anybody out here!” She said jumping into the nearest tree. Star transformed into her human form, “You know, your name fits you; you're just like a monkey.” She stated jumping into the tree. “I take that as a compliment!” She said and started jumping through the trees. “Of course you do.” Star said somewhat annoyed.
 
Fumi: That's chapter 2!
Sesshy: She's a monkey?
Fumi: *-_-+* No, that's what her last name means. It fits her too.
Sesshy: Alright…
Fumi: Did you understand that?
Sesshy: Not even Inuyasha would understand that.
Fumi: He can't even understand girls.
Sesshy: We're off subject.
Fumi: ...You're right...
Sesshy: -_-;
Fumi: Ok, well there's some of Riku's past. Now review! Bye-bye! *^_^*
Sesshy: *walks away*
Fumi: *runs after him* Wait for me my koibito!
Chapter end