Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ God's Invasion ❯ The Escape ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

C H A P T E R 3

Naruto's eyes gained back their blue color, when he realized every part of his body hurt. He frowned, and thinned his eyes at Shikamaru. "I hurt everywhere..."

"Yeah, I had to hit you to wake you up...the first punch didn't do it." Shikamaru said, shrugging.

Naruto rolled his eyes, and growled as his eyes turned red, and his pupils slitted. The device on his stomach began sparking with loud snaps and cracks. Come on...This has to work...! He thought, roaring. The anti-chakra device made one final POP!...And it came off.

"...! Whoa! How on Earth did you get that to come off?" Lee asked, dumbfounded by Naruto's move.

"Chakra overload..." Itachi, it worked! Naruto thought, grinning.

Good! A voice rang in Naruto's head. Now, just insert your chakra into the other devices- especially the Hyuuga guy's device.

...That sounded wrong, Itachi... Naruto thought, frowning.

You know what I meant.

Naruto shrugged, and broke Shikamaru's chakra device, and then proceeded to make shadow clones to break all of the others. "There we go...! RIGHT! LET'S GO FREE THE GIRLS!" Sakura-Chan...I'm coming for you...

(in the girl area)

All of the girls sneezed at the exact same time.

"...Someone's talking about us..." Sakura muttered, thinning her eyes. I know I felt Naruto's chakra.... She thought, standing up.

"...! I hear footsteps...!" Tenten said, looking down the hallway. She smiled when she saw Neji, Naruto, and the others coming. "HEY! They came to get us outta here!" She exclaimed.

"! Naruto!" Sakura whispered, unusually delighted to see Naruto. "Yo! You ARE alive!" She said, running to the bars of the cell.

Naruto smiled, watching tears of joy go down Sakura's cheeks. "Alright, back up..." He said, making a Rasengan, and then hitting the bars. "OKAY! LET'S MOVE!" He exclaimed, grinning. "Hey, what's Sai doing in here?"

"They thought I was a girl." Sai said, with a sigh.

"...Figures. Come on." Naruto muttered. Okay, Itachi... What now?

(with the sand ninjas)

Gaara looked forward with pure determination in his eyes. He sighed- what was with his random outburst in the Kazekage office? What came over me...? I was calm, then I was yelling at that guy just like...like...like Naruto would! Great, he's rubbing off on me. "Hey, Temari...How far are we from Konoha?"

"Well, it's a three day walk, and we've been walking for an hour, so... I'd say two days and 23 hours away." Temari said, rolling her eyes.

"I can't believe Konoha was attacked! It's just unbelievable! I just can't belie-" A sand ninja stuttered, before being kicked in the balls by Temari.

"...Shut up, please..." Temari muttered.

Still about three days away... Hold on, Naruto... We're coming. Gaara thought, with a frown.

(In Konoha)

Sasuke walked over into a room where Juugo, Suigetsu, and Karin were resting. "Hey, guys. What’s-"

"SASUKE-KUUUUNNNN!" Karin screeched, hugging said Uchiha. "HOWAREYOUIWASSOWORRIEDIDIDN'TSEEYOUINTWOWHOLEHOUR SOHMY
GOOOOD!"

"Geez, someone shut her up already..." Suigetsu whispered, having been woken up by Karin's screeching. "Sasuke, do you have anything interesting for us to do? Cuz' I'm borrrred out of my skull making sure Impulsive-boy over there doesn't lose his mind."

"Hey, you don't need to watch me 24/7..." Juugo muttered, looking away.

"Guys, focus. As it turns out, I do have a mission for you, Suigetsu. I need you to kill Kisame." Sasuke said, a twisted grin growing on his face.

Suigetsu grew a grin as well. "I'd be honored." He said, grabbing Zabuza's sword. "C'mon, Juugo. You're helping me." He added.

"...Do I have to?" Juugo asked, wanting to avoid conflict at all costs.

"Go with him, Juugo." Sasuke said, wincing at what he knew would come next.

"GYAAAA! THAT MEANS YOU WANNA BE ALONE WITH ME, DOESN'T IT, SASUKE-KUN?!" Karin asked, jittery in delight.

Sasuke groaned, and stared at Karin. "Not at all."

"Aww, you're just saying that cuz' Juugo and Suigetsu are here." Karin said, blushing.

"Oh geez... Let's go." Suigetsu said, watching Juugo reluctantly stand up and follow him.

Suigetsu and Juugo walked down winding hallways in the building, but were going a different direction than where Kisame was.

"Suigetsu, didn't Sasuke order us to kill Kisame?" Juugo asked, somewhat pleased by the fact they were going the wrong way.

"This should be far enough.... Juugo, Sasuke's up to something. I've known him for a few years, and he'd never ask us to do something this bold. If we kill Kisame, the rest of Akatsuki will kill US. I think that's what Sasuke wants to happen."

"But...why would Sasuke-?" Juugo asked.

"I don't know." Suigetsu said, cutting Juugo off. "But I think our friend has gone lonely-tunes."

"I loved that show....Me and Kimimaro used to watch it all the time...'

"STAY WITH ME, JUUGO... We need to find Kisame, and not kill him, but talk to him about this....I hate that guy, but I'd rather work with him than die." Suigetsu said, scowling.

"Got it." Juugo said, nodding. He watched Suigetsu walk a few steps ahead, and slipped a piece of paper on the railing next to him, where a hand grabbed it and disappeared.

(With Naruto and co)

Naruto ran out of the prison, and was shocked to find he had no clue where they were. "Uh....where are we?" He asked.

"Umm... H-Hold on. BYAKUGAN!" Hinata said, looking around. "Umm... I-it appears that we're in the sound village...." She whispered.

"THE SOUND VILLLAGE?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" Naruto shouted.

"HEY, BUBBLE-BRAIN!" Sakura said, punching Naruto. "There are probably guards around here, and we don't wanna be caught!"

"Sakura's right, Naruto." Neji said, byakugan activated. "Although, I don't see any guards- or any people- here within a couple kilometers."

"Then we should be fine!" Kiba said, scowling. "Let's get back to Konoha...Sasuke killed Akamaru, and I want to break his neck for it." Kiba added, teeth grinding.

Shikamaru sighed. "Everyone, BE QUIET. Now, Konoha is EASILY a couple days from here- and we have no supplies. No food, no water, no weapons, no anything. We need to look around this place and get whatever we can." He said, eyes closed in thought. "Neji, Hinata. Do you see any supply or grocery stores anywhere near by?"

"...Yeah, there's a supply store about a kilometer east of here..." Neji said, looking around. "Hinata, you got anything?"

"Umm, no...this place is mostly ruins..." Hinata whispered.

Naruto closed his eyes, and nodded. "Then our best bet is to go East. The store may have a map or something that'll lead us to Konoha." He said, grinning. "ALL RIGHT! LET'S GO!" He announced, leading the group.

"That's west." Neji said, rolling his eyes.

"Hey, I'm not a human compass." Naruto muttered, turning around.

None of them, not even the Hyuugas, noticed a big pair of brown eyes watching them from the distance.