Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ God's Invasion ❯ Gaara's Part ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

C H A P T E R 2
 
Gaara's eyes thinned and he slammed his fists onto the table in front of him. "WHAT?! WHO ATTACKED KONOHA?!" He roared, voice trembling in pure anger.

"U-umm, well, a bunch of villages, and uh...Akatsuki..."

"A-Akatsuki...? NO!" Gaara shouted, his gourd forming. Even with the loss of Shukaku, he had about as much control over sand as he did in his fight with Kimimaro. "IF THAT'S THE CASE, THEN WE NEED TO GET OVER THERE, NOW!!" He added, running out of the building. He dashed over to a building with an alarm system, and he triggered it, shouting "All army troops get ready to attack" into the microphone that was there along with it.

Temari yawned, and left her room to go to the center of the village. "Gaara, what are you whining about now...?" She asked, with a frown. Gaara had assembled the army for some odd stuff before, like the time a tiny village in the fire country was attacked.

"KONOHA HAS BEEN ATTACKED! WE NEED TO GO OVER THERE AND HELP THEM!" Gaara announced, making a platform of sand.

(Back in the jail)

Naruto hopped out of his bed, and sighed. "So...we're stuck. Shikamaru, you're the genius, any ideas of how to get out of here?"

Shikamaru shook his head. "All of my ideas involve using chakra. It's check, but not checkmate right now."

Neji rolled his eyes. "Oh geez, you and your stupid game..."

Naruto opened his mouth to say something, but he froze in place. His eyes went white, and all he could see around him was the sewers leading to the Kyuubi. Great, what's going on now? He thought, walking forward in his mind to the Kyuubi's chamber. He shuddered as he saw a figure in the room in front of the chamber.

"Ah, Naruto Uzumaki." The figure said, smiling.

"Uchiha Itachi...! What the heck are you doing here?!"

"Well, when I said I'd share my powers with you, that also meant I'd seal myself in you when I died." Itachi said. "Look, I'm not here to hurt you- I'm here to help. I know a way to get you out of your chakra device, and it's rather obvious when you think about it."

"...How do I know I can trust you...?" Naruto asked, eyes thinning.

"Do you think you're the only one who wants Konoha back to it's former glory? I hate to think that my village is destroyed right now, and it's my belief that only you...can stop Sasuke." Itachi said closing his eyes.

"...Okay, I'm listening."

In Konoha, Sasuke sat in a large room, thinking. After destroying Konoha, his mind was changed. He know thought himself the same as Pein- he thought himself as a god.

So, I managed to destroy this wretched village. But now what? I can't have that weird circle-eyed god-imitation walking around and ruining my rein as god... I guess I'll start at the bottom of Akatsuki and work my way up. I'll have Suigetsu kill Kisame, and go from there...Though, Suigetsu will probably be killed afterwards...It doesn't matter. Less competition. It all leads up to Pein, and eventually Madara. He thought a twisted grin across his face. He left the room, and turned to go down a hall, not noticing a pair of Rinnegan eyes watching him the whole time.

Pein sighed- he opposed Sasuke and his team of weirdoes joining Akatsuki from the start- and now he knew that Sasuke was planning...something. But what? Uchiha...what are you thinking...? He wondered, following the Uchiha.

"Look, I know you're following me." Sasuke said, turning around.

"..." Pein frowned, and, in the blink of an eye, tackled Sasuke to the ground. "LOOK, KID! I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKING, BUT IF YOU OR ANY OF YOUR LITTLE PALS EVEN TOUCH ONE OF THE AKATSUKI MEMBERS, YOU'RE DEAD!"

"As if you could actually kill a god." Sasuke said.

"Enough, both of you." Madara said, having just arrived. "Pein, get off of Sasuke." He added, with a sigh.

"...Fine." Pein muttered, getting up. He turned, and frowned as a sword entered his chest. "...?!"

I suppose I'll just start with him... Sasuke thought, activating his sharingon.

Pein grinned, and took the sword out, as his injuries healed. "So, that's your plan, eh? Please." He said, spinning to face Sasuke. "Hell has a spot reserved for those who oppose God." He added, kicking Sasuke into the wall, and then disappearing.

(Back in Naruto's mind)

"So, Itachi, how do I get out of the chakra thing?"

"Simple- I'll make it so that the Kyuubi's chakra enters the device- chakra overload. The device will break, you'll be able to use chakra, and you can just use the Kyuubi's chakra to break the rest of the devices. At least, that's my plan."

"What, do you not think it'll work?"

"Mmm, I'm 50% sure it WILL work. 25% sure nothing will happen, and 25% sure that it'll explode with such force that all of you die."

"...Let's hope it's that first one."

"...Yeah."