Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Her Hero ❯ Giving In and Up ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter III: Giving In And Up
 
“Asuma!” Kakashi's voice rang behind him. He turned behind and saw his good friend along with some ANBU and chuunins. “Kakashi? What…what are you doing here?” Asuma asked.
 
“Dummy! I'm supposed to ask you that! What are you still doing in here?” Kakashi asked. Asuma ducked as a kunai came flying above them. “What was that?” Kakashi asked as he crouched beside Asuma. “That's why I'm still here. I can't bring them to Konoha.” He replied.
 
“I told you to be careful.” Kakashi said as he threw a set of kunais. “Okay, okay. I'm sorry. Now help me clean up this place.” Asuma said as he jumped off and went to the opposite set of barricade of trees. Kakashi shook his head and followed.
After a couple of hours of battle, Kakashi and Asuma stood side by side, panting. Three ANBU and one chuunin was left. They were all bloodstained and wounded. “Thanks. You came.” Asuma said as the wind blew. “Let's get this over with.” Kakashi said as he faced him with a dead serious look. “Where's it?” he asked. Asuma nodded and took a small tube with light blue fluid from his vest pockets. “Safe and sound.” He replied with a victorious grin. Kakashi gave nod. “Let's go back. We don't have much time left.” Kakashi said then started to leave. Asuma followed and trailed beside him. “I know. Let's hurry.” He replied and they sped off like light.
 
.:xX::Her.Hero::Xx:. .:xX::Her.Hero::Xx:. .:xX::Her.Hero::Xx:. .:xX::Her.Hero::Xx:.
 
Her face lighten and looked rosier after the liquid medicine was injected. They all heaved a sigh. “That was close.” Gai said. “Thanks to Kakashi, Asuma came in time.” He added. Asuma nodded. “Yeah. We were close at being ambushed. He came at the right time.” He replied.
 
“It's better we leave her to have some real rest.” Tsunade said as Shizune went out and headed on. “She needs it.” She added. Anko and Genma nodded and disappeared in a puff. Gai patted Kakashi and Asuma's shoulder before walking out.
 
“Well?” Tsunade asked the two remaining jounins who stood frozen in their placed. “Uh, see you in the morning.” Kakashi said as he trailed off. Asuma followed suit. Tsunade gave a sigh as she looked down at Kurenai who was sleeping intently. “You are one lucky girl. Choose wisely.” She said before leaving the room.
 
The sky was blazing again with the hot colors of red and orange. The sun was setting again gloriously. She walked in the town and made her way to the office when she caught a figure of someone. She stopped and looked at him.
 
“Ah, Hokage-sama.” He said with a smile in his face, though it can't be evidently seen.
 
“I thought you left already. What are you doing here?” she asked. The figure walked towards her and stopped into some distance. “I was just wondering…how's…how's she now? I mean, is she safe already?” he asked in a soft voice. “Why didn't you asked that earlier?” she asked in return.
 
“Well…I…” he started. She gave a faint smile. “Is it because of his presence?” she asked. He gave a soft nod. “I might sound…you know…” he said again. She gave a soft chuckle. “Alright. I get you now. Don't worry about her. She's fine. Just like what Gai had said earlier, you came in time. The drug, as I expected, worked well.” She said with a smile. He gave a sigh of relief. “Thanks, Hokage-sama. I'll be going then.” He said then walked past her. “Alright, Hero.” She said, which made him look back in surprise. “What?” he asked.
 
“What? Am I not correct?” she asked. “Hokage-sama…”
 
“Go, tell and confess.”
 
He looked down. “You won't, just as I thought. Why do you keep on doing that to yourself? One minute, you seem like to force her awake and tell her and now, look at you! Sulking and giving up! I really can't understand you!” she said exasperatedly. “I'm sorry. I let you…down.” He replied. “Now you're making it look like I'm setting a bet on you.” She replied as she placed her hands on her waist. “I guess I've finally made my decision.” He said. “I think I know what.” She said.
 
“He…really loves her.” He then said after some silence. “And you think he's worthier than you?” she asked. He didn't respond. “Yeah?” he said, or asked. She rolled her eyes. “Kakashi, I really can't understand and take you any more.” She said. “Well then, I won't be bugging you anymore. You've done so much. I would just like to…ask you something. Actually, it's more of like a request, as a friend.” He said. “What is it?”
 
“Please…tell her that…Asuma saved her life. That she should be thankful to him for doing that kind of mission.” He said softly. She looked at him intently. “As you wish.” She said and they went off their own way.
 
 
.xX::owari::Xx. .xX::owari::Xx. .xX::owari::Xx.