Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Honor ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Well, here is my next NaruSaku fic! It's an indirect sequel to “Of Anmitsu and Wedding Rings”, so before you read this, you might want to look at it. Anyway, enjoy!

Line

Naruto snuck up behind the brooding pink-haired woman in the living room and wrapped his arms around her, his hands gently holding her ballooned belly.

Naruto and Sakura had been married for two years when they decided that they wanted to have a child.

He had proposed to her in a secluded spot by the river and they had a traditional wedding. Sakura had chosen Tenten and Hinata as her bridesmaids and Ino as her maid of honor. Naruto had chosen Kiba as his best man, and Shikamaru, Sai and Lee as his groomsmen.

Everyone in Konoha (except for Sasuke,who had been deceased for a number of years now) had attended. Two years later, Sakura had announced that she was pregnant.

Naruto laid his head on her shoulder, “Hey...” he whispered softly, his breath tickling her ear, “You've been brooding a lot  lately. What's on your mind?”

“It's...about the baby,” Sakura admitted, leaning back into Naruto's warm embrace.

Concern quickly took over Naruto's face, “Is there something wrong?”

“Nothing. It's just--”

“It's just what, Sakura?”

“Our baby is going to be born in a month and we haven't decided on names yet,” Sakura replied.

“But we don't know if the baby will be a boy or girl--”

“Naruto! Just think of some names! Now!” Sakura demanded, falling victim to a sudden mood swing as she broke free of his grip and turned around to face him, “You've been putting it off for a long time and I'm tired of it!”

“Well, if our baby is a boy...we could...we could name him after my godfather, Jiraiya,” Naruto suggested, scratching the back of his head sheepishly.

“Do you really want to name our baby Jiraiya?” Sakura asked, still a bit irritated and raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah, I just thought that--after all that he did  for the village--we could at least honor him by naming our baby after him,” Naruto answered, smiling at the thought of his former teacher.

A warm smile spread across Sakura's face, “You know...I think that might actually be a good idea...and Jiraiya would have been very happy if he knew that we were going to name our baby after him,” she stated, placing a hand on her stomach.

“So we're going to call him Jiraiya?”

“Yes, Naruto, if it's a boy,” Sakura replied with a nod. “But what are we going to name it if it's a girl?”

“Hm...well...” Naruto said slowly, as if choosing his words with the utmost carefulness, “I've always been partial the name Kushina...”

Sakura chuckled softly and placed her arms on Naruto's shoulders, “Of course you would be,” she said, “it was the name of your mother, and I'm glad you decided to honor her too. You're a very wonderful man, Naruto.” Standing on her tiptoes, she brushed her lips against Naruto's and gently kissed him until  the baby began to kick, startling both of them.

Naruto chuckled, “Looks like we've got a hyper one.”

“Yeah,” Sakura said, laying her head on Naruto's shoulder, “I can't wait to have it.”

XXX



 



 






Converting /tmp/phpT66hHA to /dev/stdout