Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ I Tried, I Wanted, I Couldn't ❯ I Tried, I Wanted, I Couldn't ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I died today.
 
I saw my teammate's blood pouring from his body. I could not help him.
 
I was trapped. Locked in the arms of the two men my teammate had trusted most.
 
I tried to scream. The sound would not come.
 
I tried to cry. My eyes were as dry as a desert in summer. I could not shed a tear.
 
I wanted to help my teammate. I felt a pain near the area of my heart when the two men he had trusted most held me back. Because it was dangerous, my mind said. Yet my heart screamed that no danger was as painful as having to watch this and knowing that I would never love again. As my heart was ripped into a million bleeding pieces and thrown to the wind.
 
I wanted to scream at my teammate. I wanted to ask him why he had to leave me. But my voice was gone. The sound would not form.
 
I wanted to scream at the two men holding me back. I wanted to ask them why they were letting me go through the heartbreak that I was. Didn't they understand that the heartbreak was more painful than anything else concerning this, concerning him? But I could not wrench my eyes away from the form of my dying teammate.
 
I wanted to save him. My feet were like stone. They would not move.
 
I wanted to hold him. I couldn't. My arms were filled with lead. They could not move.
 
I wanted to kiss him one last time. The short distance between us was too great. I could not go to him.
 
I wanted to comfort him. I was held in the tight grip of the two men I thought I could trust, that he had trusted. They would not let me go.
 
I was dying with him. I died from grief a million times and lived through it all.
 
My heart died when the first kunai was plunged through his back. I knew he would not live. I knew that no one would help him. I wanted to. I couldn't. Because of the two men that held me back.
 
I wanted to see him smile one last time. I wanted to smile at him again. But I couldn't. He couldn't.
 
Then they killed him. They murdered him. They butchered him. In front of my eyes. The image is burned into my mind. I died today.
 
Do you believe in ghosts? Now I am one.