Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ In Her Eyes... ❯ Homecoming--Some new friends? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Homecoming--New friends?

Naruto sighed heavily,jumping through the trees on his way back to the land of fire.The dark made it hard to see,only adding to his sour mood. It had been a long mission,and he could hardly remember how many weeks he'd spent camped outside of Suna,not even allowed to enter the village due to the guard ninja. Grandma Tsunade,you're gonna pay for this...,He thought. He could just see the arrogant smirk on her face. This mission had been nothing but pointless work tpo teach him a lesson,and he also suspected that she just wanted to torture him for "accidentally" Blowing the south wall out of the Academy. He however,just wanted to go home.

No sooner than he had started back towards the Land Of Fire did he drop to the ground,chest heaving. "D-damnit... I guess...I really was slacking...",He murmured weakly. He lay on the ground,trying to catch his breath when he heard voices up ahead. Crawling forward,he could just barely make out what they were saying over the steep hill ahead.
"I don't care...!"
"But Roku..."
"Listen,we need food,and we won't get it until we get rid that thing!"
Naruto listened intently and was shortly aware of the faint sound of a girl crying,followed by an exasperated groan.
"Alright,Alright,you can keep it,but we need to get food sometime..."
Naruto stood as a sqeal of joy sounded over the hill. He brushed off his jacket and started up the hill. Not soon after he started could two figures be seen around a small camp alongside the trail. Sitting outfront of a tent around a small fire were a boy and a girl. As Naruto drew closer,he went into a prone stance so he could examine them without them seeing him. The boy had wavy,dark blue-back hair that went down to about his shoulders. He looked to be about 16,dressed in a shaded hakama-uwagi,a length of purple rope tying it around his waist that seemed so familiar... A blade hung from his waist,tucked securely into it's sheathe. Just by sighting the weapon,a sense of foreboding crept over Naruto,and he averted his gaze to the girl. Long brown hair dropped down to her waist as she smiled and turned her head to look at the boy. She was wearing a bright red yukata,strange spiraling patterns traveling down the sleeves. Naruto was most drawn to the girl's eyes. Bright,warm pools of brown that seemed to go on forever. Naruto found that he could'nt take his eyes off her. Big deal,she's just another girl on the road of life...He thought contemptuously. But he was still drawn to her. Naruto suddenly noticed that the boy was gone. He looked around frantically,reaching into his weapon pack for a kunaiblade when a cool,calm voice behind him said,"Now,Eavesdropping isn't very smart,and if you draw that knife,you will cease to exist." Naruto looked down to see a gleaming obsidian blade centimeters from his neck. The voice spoke once more. "Now,drop to your feet and put your hands over your head or this blade will find it's mark."
Naruto slowly dropped to his knees and crouched down,gathering energy for an attack when he heard a vibrant,clear voice ring out through the air.
"Roku! Let him go!" Naruto heard a groan behind him as the sound of a blade sliding into a sheathe registered. Naruto stood and stared into the most beautiful face he had ever seen. The girl smiled at him and extended a hand. "Hi,I'm Miyuna Matsushi,But,You can call me Miya."
Naruto took her hand in a daze. "U-Uh...Hey. I'm Uzumaki Naruto."
The girl smiled brightly at him as the boy dropped down behind her,a protective air surrounding him.
Miya pointed at the boy. "You've already met Roku,though he has habit of being forceful in his geetings."
Roku grumbled,crossing his arms and looking away. Naruto grinned and laughed. "Thas alright,I got enough of that from..." He trailed off,a look of sadness crossing his face. Miya looked at him questioningly before whispering something to Roku. He grumbled and turned to Naruto. "We are not beggars,but we ar desperate,and we must ask. Do you have any spare rations?" Naruto blinked. "Uh,Yeah...I have some ramen in my pack." Miya squealed with glee. "I love ramen! All the different flavors..." She trailed off,staring into a hunger-induced daydream.
Naruto looked around before asking,"So,where you headed?"
Roku looked to the sky and answered,"We're on our way to Konohagakure." Naruto blinked in astonishment. "Really? That's my home village. Would it be too much trouble to ask if I could travel with you?" Naruto could still not take his eyes off Miya.
"I dunno..."Roku glanced at Naruto suspiciously,then turned to Miya."what do you think?"
Miya mumbled an answer."Sure,sure..."
The night played out like this: Naruto shared his provisions and in exchange,got a dry place to sleep. Roku was still suspicious of Naruto. Miya and Naruto had hit it off after they had went into the tent,leaving Roku to meditate outside of the tent,ignoring the occasional laugh from the tent.
Roku scowled,talking to himself."Hn...Don't get too comfortable with her,Uzumaki..."

==============================END CHAPTER==============================