Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Inner Demons ❯ Intro. Welcome Solus ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Inner Demons
 
This story follows the path of fan-made character(s), all other characters and plots are not mine and are copyright of Shonen Jump.
This story runs parallel to the original plot. Second attempt of my second self-insert type, first person story. Hope you like.
Warnings! Language, violence, and the standard lot.
Author's note: Hey there I'm changing the original writing style and title of this story for my own weird little reasons that will hopefully make it be a better read. I also may add more to current chaps, add some new ones, or take out existing ones in between or where ever. Thank you for your patience and keep reading.
...
Welcome Solus
 
The morning sunlight ran over the mountains and across rooftops it sped. It overtook the darkness and brought the day in. The light landed upon the gates and framed the symbol of the Village Hidden in the Leaves.
And it was not long before it found its way into a lone house in a clearing just outside of the village. It pushed through the window and into the upstairs bedroom. Clothes and random items littered the floor of the small room. A boy of about thirteen lay on the bed half covered by its blankets as he snored away peacefully. Light came in through the window and landed across his face and he rolled away from the annoyance and went right on sleeping.
The door to his room slowly slid open and a figure stepped inside. The glint of a steel blade flashed as the figure leapt at the boy. There was a crash and a streak landed across the room from the bed. The boy stood ready for the figure to move.
"Man, mom, can't I sleep in for once?!" I let off in an annoyed huff. "Anyway I can't see." I complained as I squinted through my hazel brown hair.
"You can't sleep in during hunts and the demons won't care if you can't see." the woman now sitting on my bed said with a sigh as she tossed me the glasses from the nightstand.
She was lean and tall with dark tan hair pulled back into a ponytail that fell across her back as her light green eyes danced in the light from the window.
"Anyway you can't sleep in today Solus." she stated.
"Oh yeah, I get to see the academy today before the exam tomorrow. I wonder what the kids there are like. I wonder if any will be cool." I exclaimed as I slipped on my glasses.
"I think you'll be the most exciting thing they'll see for a while. Anyway, grandfather has breakfast ready." she said as she leapt off my bed and walked to the door. "You may want to put on some clothes before coming down though dear." she giggled as she stepped out of the room.
"Right." I said with a nod. "Wait a minute, what?" I stopped as I looked down to find myself in only boxers. "Mom! This is way I hate when you do that!" I cried as I turned beat red, only to hear my mother's hearty laughter from down the hall.
I quickly searched through my closet, dresser, and floor. I finally stood before my full length mirror wearing a pair of red scandals, black cargo pants, red T, and a black and red sports coat. As I struck a pose in front of the mirror my glasses reflected the light just right that you couldn't see my brown eyes through the glare. I also wore a single necklace that held a single red gemstone in the center. The necklace had been a gift to me from my father the night he had died. I wasn't quite sure how he had died but I know it was against the nine-tailed fox twelve years ago. I made sure this was tucked under my shirt, out of view. I then ran down the stairs to where mom sat in a chair across from a small fireplace sharpening the blade to a sword.
"Uh, so where is gramps?" I asked.
CRACK!
"Ack!" I screamed as I fell to the floor with a large lump on the back of my head.
A short man stood behind me holding a knotted wooden staff. His white hair fell past his shoulders and he stood only a little over four feet tall. His wrinkled face showed he had aged both happily and dangerously.
"Some respect. I train him from small boy and he calls me gramps." the old man fumed as he stepped around my prone form.
"Ow, are you two trying to kill me today or something." I complained as I rubbed the lump on the back of my head.
"Oh that won't kill you. Now drink up." mom said motioning towards the table.
"You might not but if I have to keep drinking this stuff then I'm sure to die young." I replied as I looked into the pitcher of green liquid.
CRACK!
"Argh. My head!" I cried as I clutched at another crack on my head.
"Just no respect. This 'stuff' good drink for body. Old family recipe." gramps sighed as he lowered his staff.
"You sure it didn't kill the old family!" I spat as I raised my arms ready for another blow to the head.
THUD!
I let out a woof of air as the staff met stomach instead.
"I think that's enough. We can't keep him here all day. He has to get to the academy to see the life he will be going into." mom said through a muffled laugh.
"Humph. That school no teaches his life. Only member of family can teach him." gramps grumped.
"Which you did very well at. But if we're part of this village we should do something to contribute. Anyway it would be good for Solus to meet other kids and get to know people." mom sighed.
"Thanks mom. Well I'm off." I said as I disappeared out the front door.
"Humph. No respect and always in rush." gramps mumbled.
"Well that is how kids are. Even you most have been like that at one point." mom said with a smile.
"I never like that Yoko." gramps growled moving towards the stairs.
"Oh yeah, I forgot. You were born old." Yoko laughed.
CRACK!
...
I rushed through the waking village as I took in every aspect of the town my family and I so rarely go into. The stores, the restaurants, and all the people rushing to and fro. I was so distracted by the sights and sounds that I failed to see the masked man step around the corner in front of me.
CRASH!
And we both went down in a heap, but I quickly jumped back to my feet and ran off down the street.
"Sorry about that!" I shouted as I disappeared down the street.
'That kid. I wonder what his rush is.' the silver haired man said as he stood back up and continued reading his book.
I soon found myself at the door to the classroom of the class year I had been put with. I excitably opened the door and stepped inside to see... that only one person was there. The man wore a ninja instructor uniform over his tan frame and his pulled back black hair fell across his back.
"Ah, who are you?" the man asked.
"Oh yeah. I'm Solus Oba, sensei. A new student to your class." I exclaimed excitably.
"Right. Lord Hokage told me to expect you. I'm Iruka. You're kind of early so if you want to take a seat and wait for the rest of the class." Iruka replied as he turned back to the chalkboard.
I quickly found a seat towards the back of the classroom where I could see who came in and out through the door. Soon other children began to file into the classroom and take their seats. None of them seemed to notice me as I sat quietly in the back and watched. I saw one dark haired boy that all the girls followed. He was moody and very serious looking. There was a blonde haired girl and a pink haired girl that seemed to be major rivals. Fighting over everything, including the before mentioned boy. Kind of funny really. A boy that wore a hooded jacket that held a dog inside the front of it. A little weird. Another quiet boy with a tall collar jacket and sunglasses. And then a pale looking girl stepped in. She was timid and shy. Her eyes were a pale vanilla that caught and held my own. The way she was polite to everyone and didn't swoon over the brooding boy caught my attention as well. As the assembled class settled into their seats there was still a seat left open. I was a little curios why this was but got little time to think about it as Iruka signaled for me to come down to the front of the class. I jumped to my feet and leapt down to front. I then spun around with a wide grin across my face.
"Class let me introduce our new student. Solus Oba. I hope you will all make him feel welcome." Iruka announced.
I looked up into the faces of all the other kids looking for some sign that would say new friend. I only saw mummers and fingers being pointed. Even the one shy girl sat in the crowd trying to look unseen.
"All right Solus you can take your seat again. We'll begin class with..." Iruka began as I went back up to my seat in the rear.
Outside there were shouts and a thud as something landed on a nearby roof. Iruka stepped over to the window and looked out.
"I'll be back in a second class." he said in sort of annoyed tone as he jumped out the window.
After Iruka left the other children moved into their own little groups leaving me alone in the corner. I began to feel uncomfortable with the talking around me and the occasional glances in my direction. I soon stood and moved to where the dark haired, pale girl sat with a few of the other girls.
"Hi, I'm Solus Oba. What's your name?" I asked the girl holding out my hand.
The other girls sort of dispersed from the area as they watched what their friend would do. The pale girl lightly took my hand and shook it.
"Hi... Hinata." she answered.
"Hinata. Do you have a family name or is that it." I asked with a smile.
"Hinata... Hyuga." Hinata replied.
"Oh, so you're from the Hyuga clan. Cool. I heard you guys have this really cool fighting style." I declared as I tried to replicate what I thought it would look like.
"Um... look..." Hinata began with a little giggle. "Oh... look out!" she cried as I took a wrong step and fell down the flight of stairs running down the middle of the classroom.
CRASH!
...