Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Inner Demons ❯ Enter Naruto Uzumaki and Voices ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Inner Demons
 
This story follows the path of fan-made character(s), all other characters and plots are not mine and are copyright of Shonen Jump.
This story runs parallel to the original plot. Second attempt of my second self-insert type, first person story. Hope you like.
Warnings! Language, violence, and the standard lot.
Author's note: Hey there I'm changing the original writing style and title of this story for my own weird little reasons that will hopefully make it be a better read. I also may add more to current chaps, add some new ones, or take out existing ones in between or where ever. Thank you for your patience and keep reading.
...
Enter Naruto Uzumaki and Voices
 
I stopped with the crash at the bottom of the stairs and groaned as the world stopped moving. The whole room was quiet before there was a huge roll of laughter. I quickly flipped up and into the center of the front of the room and dusted myself off.
"Whoops. A little unbalanced there." I said with a laugh as I rubbed the back of my head.
There was more collective laughter until the door to the classroom opened. I quickly went back to my seat where I watched Iruka drag a tied up, blonde haired, blue eyed, orange and blue clad boy into the room.
"I'm at the end of my rope Naruto! You failed the graduation exam last year and now you're messing up again!" Iruka berated the boy.
"Who's that?" I quietly asked the boy next to me.
"Naruto Uzumaki. The class clown. He's just a loser." the boy replied with a light chuckle.
I wasn't convinced. There was something off about the boy. Something different then the others in the room. Some kind of aura that seemed to seep from him. I just couldn't place my finger on it.
"Fine. Sense you missed it, Naruto, the whole class will review the transformation jutsu." Iruka shouted.
There was a collective moan that was cut down by my cry of excitement. Finally a chance to show what I could do in front of everyone. All the students lined up and began transforming themselves into Iruka. It wasn't long until Naruto was up. I looked at him stand so confidently. I then saw that Hinata was watching him with a blush across her face and was playing with the tips of her index finger. It didn't take me long to put two and two together. She liked him. Really liked him. Naruto didn't seem to notice this though.
'I might just have to get them together.' I thought with a smile as I turned my attention back to Naruto.
He performed like each student before him, except that instead of Iruka there stood a naked female Naruto concealed only by a thin layer of cloud cover. Iruka's head shoot back and there was a blood spray from his nose. I fell to the ground laughing my head off. The students around me looked down at me as Iruka yelled at Naruto.
"What? I thought it was funny." I admitted.
It wasn't long before I was up.
'This should be fun.' I thought.
I quickly focused my chakra and released it. A huge cloud of smoke filled the front of the room. As the smoke cleared I still stood in my place but there were two Irukas standing before the class.
"That is a clone jutsu Solus, not transformation." Iruka said as he turned from the other Iruka (who turned as he did and mimicked the way he talked, causing several giggles and low laughs). Even as Iruka turned to me, I began to fade. A faint transparency was all that stood in my place for the total of another second before completely disappearing. Iruka stood there for another second before turning back to the other Iruka. The other Iruka then puffed back into me.
"How did you? I mean how is that? What?" Iruka asked in a confused manor.
"An after image. Created when you move at least twice the speed of the eye. Cool huh." I explained with pride.
The whole class looked at me with wide eyes and open mouths. Even the moody dark haired boy looked surprised. Hinata looked at me with a look of awe and wonder. I felt like I was the center of the world.
"Wow. That was awesome!" Naruto exclaimed. "Uh, who are you?" Naruto then asked with a confused look on his face.
"Oh, yeah, my name is Solus Oba. What's yours?" I asked extending my hand to him.
"I'm Naruto Uzumaki! Future Hokage! Believe it!" Naruto declared loudly as he grabbed my hand and shook it vigorously.
"Ha. Like a loser like you would ever be a Hokage, Naruto." the pink haired girl shouted with laugh.
The rest of the class began to laugh and point at Naruto. He began to turn away and move for the door.
"Naw, I think with some work, a new set of fancy clothes, and a new haircut he could do pretty well." I said seriously as I slung an arm over Naruto's shoulders.
"You have to be joking." the blonde haired girl laughed.
"Why not? He has the right to dream for it. To work and fight to get there." I said standing by Naruto.
"Yeah. Believe it!" Naruto shouted in my ear.
"Tone it down. Just a little bit. That was my ear." I whispered in his ear as the class began to break up.
We began to walk out of the classroom when Iruka called for Naruto to come back into the classroom.
"I kind of have to go and clean up the mess I made before." Naruto explained as he rubbed the back of his head.
"Right. Well, see you tomorrow for the exam." I replied as I turned away.
"Yeah." Naruto said as he stepped back into the classroom.
...
As I stepped outside of the academy I could feel like I was being watched. I looked around and saw several of the kids from the class watching me from a distance away. As I moved to go talk with some of them they all stepped away from me. And I suddenly noticed the parents of several students looking at me with eyes filled with something I couldn't quite place. It was confusing to have these people I didn't even know act like that. I looked at them one last time, scratched the back of my head, shrugged, and then turned to leave. But as I began to walk away I suddenly felt dizzy as if something was rushing through my body.
'Look at him. Why would he try and defend that monster? Who is that kid? What kind of people are his parents, not lead him away from the beast?' the voices rushed around in my head.
'Wh... What is this?' I thought as I looked around at the people staring at him.
'Their true thoughts about you.' a sadistic voice purred.
The voice sounded as if it enjoyed my confusion and torment. The worst part was that it was my own voice in my head. It was like two types of me were in my head. One was the me that loved to have fun and be a generally good person. The other sounded like it would more enjoy watching a small animal be pulled apart. It made me feel sick just to hear this other voice in my head. This wasn't me. This couldn't be me.
"SHUT THE HELL UP!!!" I screamed aloud.
The people around me stepped back from were I stood holding onto the sides of my head. As I looked up I saw them look at me with disgust and fear. I searched their faces for something that would prove this voice inside of me wrong. There was nothing from any of them. I saw Hinata in the crowd and tried to step toward her. As I took a step forward the people stepped back from me, even Hinata.
'Even the cute girl steps away.' the voice in my head chuckled. 'I wonder how cute she would look covered in her own blood.' the voice laughed manically.
I couldn't believe I was thinking like this. I looked up again and saw everyone giving me looks as if I were a some kind of demon. It was then that I realized that I had a maniacal, toothy grin across my face.
"GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!" I screamed out as I shook myself.
I felt a sudden rush and I feeling of emptiness inside of me. I looked into the clear blue sky as darkness crept into the corners of my vision. I fell to the ground with a soft thud as my eyes fell shut.
...
I woke with my face buried in a pillow. I rolled over to see the man I had run into that morning and my mother speaking in one corner of the room.
"Well every thing looks alright, I'll be going." the silvered haired man said to mom as he noticed me wakeup.
"Thank you Kakashi-san." mom replied with a little bow.
"Don't worry about it." he said as he stepped over to the window and leapt out into the air.
"Man, I had a really weird dream about my first time at the academy." I said with a laugh as I tried to sit up.
"It wasn't a dream." mom told me as she stepped over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder, pushing me back down onto the bed. "I'll explain later." she replied to my confused and horrified expression as she kissed me on the forehead.
I tried to protest but found myself unable to as sleep rolled over me like a comfortable blanket. I quickly slipped into a deep sleep were only my dreams could affect me.
"That should let him sleep peacefully for a few hours." mom said as she stood beside my bed.
"Is the boy asleep, Yoko?" gramps asked as he stepped into the room. "Then little time we have to loss. I have to place a seal on him before the demon can spread." he declared.
"No. We should wait until after we explain what is happening to him." Yoko murmured as she looked down on her son.
"No time. If the demon spreads before he wakes then he may refuse the seal." gramps replied.
"We both know it won't spread that fast. He's to much his father to fall that quickly." Yoko snapped.
"It is how much like his father he is like that I worry about." gramps mumbled.
"Solken was a brave and honorable man. Even after he turned into what he was." Yoko barked at the old man as she turned away from her boy.
"Alright, alright. I'll wait. Did you already search him for anything unusual?" gramps asked as he gave in.
"Yes. Come look at this." Yoko said pointing down at a place at the bottom of my collar bone.
Gramps leaned down and study what he saw in front of his eyes. He then stood up and looked at his daughter.
"Do you know what that is?" he asked slowly.
"Yes. It's the gemstone from his father's necklace." Yoko replied quietly.
"And why would it be implanted in his son's chest now?" gramps persisted.
"I think the demon within Solken may have cursed it before he died." Yoko replied sadly.
"That stone can increase the power of his chakra nearly tenfold." gramps began to explain. "But if it has been cursed by that demon it may instead increase the demon within him by tenfold." gramps finished with a sigh.
"You mean he could become a full demon?!" Yoko exclaimed as she grabbed hold of gramp's collar, lifting him off the floor.
"In time the demon inside may find a way to reach that power." gramps replied as Yoko put him back down.
"No. How could I let this happen to him? We're supposed to be demon hunters. We should have seen this." Yoko said numbly as she fell against a nearby wall and slid to the floor.
"We had always known the boy's inner demon would be greater then most other peoples, being a small part demon himself. We just never knew that the demon within Solken could come up with such a thing." gramps explained with another sigh. "Come, we will leave him to rest and explain his past and future to him when he wakes." gramps said as he led Yoko from the room.
The door slid shut and my mind wonder on through the happier dreams of life.
...