Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Inner Demons ❯ Revealed Pasts and Secrets ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Inner Demons
 
This story follows the path of fan-made character(s), all other characters and plots are not mine and are copyright of Shonen Jump.
This story runs parallel to the original plot. Second attempt of my second self-insert type, first person story. Hope you like.
Warnings! Language, violence, and the standard lot.
Author's note: Hey there I'm changing the original writing style and title of this story for my own weird little reasons that will hopefully make it be a better read. I also may add more to current chaps, add some new ones, or take out existing ones in between or where ever. Thank you for your patience and keep reading.
...
Revealed Pasts and Secrets
 
I woke highly refreshed and happy. I let out a huge yawn as I climbed out of my bed and looked about the room. The dream I had had was really weird. And then I noticed I was still dressed. I never slept fully dressed. I then recalled what my mother had said before I had fallen asleep again.
'How could that have happened? It couldn't be real.' I thought in a slow panic.
I began to make my way to the door when I noticed the familiar weight of my father's necklace was gone. I reached down to my chest where the gemstone of the necklace would have rested on its chain. That's where I felt a strange lump at the base of my collar bone. I pulled the top of my shirt aside to see what it was and saw the blood red gemstone from the necklace imbedded into the skin.
"WHAT THE HELL!!!" I screamed.
"I take it he's awake." mom said as I ran downstairs.
"What the hell is happening to me!" I shouted at them.
"Calm. Calm down. We'll explain." mom said as she lead me to a chair in front of the fireplace.
"In order to explain what is happening to you, you must know your past." gramps said from a seat across from me.
"My past?" I asked with a confused look across my face.
"Yes, and the past of our clan and your father." my mother added.
I looked between them with a look of confusion and curiosity across my face.
"As you know, our clan was formed to hunt the demons of this world. We have been doing this for over several centuries. In the past our clan has been much larger then it is now. Twelve years ago we came to this village to fight the nine-tailed fox demon Kyubi. It was in that battle that our clan was reduced to it is now." gramps explained.
"The battle where dad died, right?" I asked looking between the two of them.
"Yes it is." mom said with a nod.
"Of course we never told you the way he died." gramps said looking at mom out of the corner of his eye.
She had her head bowed and was looking down into the fire. She must have been revisiting her memories of that place and time because she had a far away look on her face.
"He killed himself." gramps stated somberly. "Now let me explain the why even before you ask." he snapped before I could say anything. "Your father, Solken, was the greatest of our clan. He was the one member of our clan that could destroy any demon he fought. All save one." gramps began.
"The nine-tailed fox?" I asked.
"Please don't interrupt him dear." my mom said softly.
"No, it was not the nine-tailed demon. It was himself. His own personal demon. You see, every person has their own personal demon in their soul. A voice that says things that we know is wrong. Most people can push it aside, some don't have one at all, and a few others have ones that grow and consume them. Your father was one of the few with a demon that began to grow and spread across him. This can happen in many ways, your father's fall began nearly fifteen years ago." gramps said as my mind was pulled into the story.
...
This part of my story will be a flashback to fifteen years before the present setting of Naruto. I will be in the first person of Solus's father Solken. Please bear with and review any ideas.
...
The light fell across the active village of the Oba clan. There were blacksmiths creating the finest weapons every to be wielded, the greatest enchanters pooled their chakra into these weapons making them the deadliest instruments for banishing demons to hell. But even with all these advantages I still felt uneasy about this new mission. A large number of vile demons had managed to create a stronghold out of the caves around the capital of the Land of Earth. I couldn't see how such monstrosities could have moved so well.
'They must be led by an extremely powerful and cunning demon. This may be harder then I originally thought.' I thought with a frown.
"The boss seems really removed about this one." a short brown haired woman said from behind me bringing me out of my thoughts.
"Have you even looked at the report, Shika?" a black haired, tall, heavily built man grumbled.
"Yes I did Zulen!" Shika shouted.
"More like skimmed through it." a skinny, red haired man chuckled as he balanced a knife on the tip of his finger.
"Oh, butt out Seiker." Shika grumbled.
"Are you all through?" I asked as I turned to face them.
"Hai! Ready and willing sir!" they declared in unison, standing straight.
"All right. Our target area is three days run from here. But seeing as it is an emergency we will make it two days." I announced. "Am I right?" I asked as I looked each member of my squad in the eyes.
"Hai!" the shouted again, standing even straighter.
"Then let's stop talking and get to it." I order as I leapt into the nearby forest, my team right behind me.
A day and a half latter we found ourselves standing at the base of the target mountains we were to purify. There was the stench in the air of demon filth, death, and decay all around.
"We will make our way to the top of the foothills. There should be an entrance into the caves under the mountain around that area." I announced as we began our way up the increasing incline.
"I can sense they're here, but where?" Shika declared.
She was the best at feeling out where demons hid. Her hair currently stood on end as she continued sweeping the area with her eyes.
'Damn. If Shika can't feel out where they are then we're at a major loss.' I thought as I tensed myself.
There was an earsplitting screech from over the next rise. About twenty feet from it we could see several of the beasts we had come to hunt. They raised tails covered in sharpened barbs and pointed them down the hill at us.
"Zulen!" I called out as I jumped behind the larger man.
"Iron skin Jutsu!" Zulen shouted as Shika and Seiker jumped behind him as well.
The demons on the hill above us fired their barbs down at us. But with Zulen's harden skin they fell worthlessly to the ground around us.
"They are retreating Solken." Zulen called back to me.
I looked around his hulking frame to see the demons before going back out of sight. In their place several variations of demons come into view. Their howls and wails rolled over us as they began to charge down the hill at us.
"Prepare for battle!" I called to the others.
We spread into a loose line across the mid area of the rise and began our battle with the demons. Zulen crashed them by the score with brute strength and his earth jutsus. Seiker dropped them with razor sharp reflexes and his precise dagger strikes. Shika felled them with the flow of her movements and her trickery of the mind. I sent any that stood before me to hell with my most divine blade and devastating fire jutsus. The necklace of my fathers hung around my neck lending me the strength of my ancestors. Ten of the remaining demons turned and charged me from all sides. Maws dripping blood and claws carrying deadly poisons.
"Solken!" Shika cried out.
"Fire lances jutsu." I said lightly.
Ten great trails of fire arced off the tips of my fingers and traced the sky. Each striking a charging demon, turning it to nothing more then a pile of dust. The remaining demons ran into a nearby cave at the top of the hill.
'Damn monsters. This can't be all of them. Why do they run? What do those bastards have up their sleeves?' I thought angrily as I looked over the area.
'You want to kill more, don't you? You want to see their blood, you want to have it run down your body, you want to drink...' that little demon inside called out.
I shook my head to clear it of such thoughts and turned my attention back to my team. They all stood ready for the same thing I was. They knew something was off.
"Shika. Can you feel anything in the mountain?" I called over to her as we gathered back together.
"Nothing. This whole area feels wrong. I can't pinpoint anything." she answered as she nervously stepped from foot to foot.
"Damn it." I murmured lowly. "Alright. We have to move with caution. We don't know what is down there." I declared.
"Hai." they all responded effortlessly.
We moved through the confining tunnels until we spilled into a wide cave. It resembled some kind of amphitheater in size. As we reached the middle of the floor there was a booming laugh.
"Silly humans, silly humans."
There was the shriek of demons all around us as hundreds flooded from the various openings. One of the largest stepped forward and let out one long laugh before pointing at us.
"Kill them all." it ordered.
The monsters charged forward in a wave of bloody, screaming chaos. I quickly turned to the direction we had come from.
"Fire Wall Jutsu!" I shouted.
A huge wall of flame shoot towards the coming demons engulfing them instantly.
"Go! Run!" I screamed at my team as I turned back to the other demons, sword in hand.
"We can't leave you!" Shika cried.
"That was an order! Go! Now!" I roared back.
"He is giving us a chance to live Shika. We must go." Zulen said as he grabbed a hold of the woman and dragged her from the cave.
As they left the room I turned and used another fire wall to seal off the way they had gone.
I heard one last scream from Shika "Solken!"
I turned back to the demons before me. They stepped aside to let their lead step in front.
"Brave human. But foolish and futile. When we roll across these lands they will die anyway." the demon laughed.
"I won't let you." I said lowly.
'Kill. Kill them. Kill them now.' the voice inside laughed manically.
'I intend to.' was how I replied as I leapt at the lead demon.
My sword cut the demons own sword clean in half and took his head off as well as my blade cleaved him in half, blood spraying everywhere.
"Who's next?" I said with a wide grin across my face as the beast's body fell and its blood slid down my body.
...
Back in the present. Please review.
...
"After that he changed." mom said as she looked out the window and I returned from their story.
The night had fallen around the house as the light from the fireplace played across our faces. I looked how I was, just to stunned to think. Gramps looked thoughtful, as if there was something he was planning. And my mother just looked far away, off in memories as she continued.
"Not only physically where he was stronger, had red eyes, and red hair. He also changed mentally. He became erratic and removed. He avoided interaction with other hunters. I was really one of the only people close to him." mom said with saddened eyes.
"It became clear that he was losing a mental war against his own inner demon. There was always the threat of him breaking. It was not until twelve years ago that he played one last hand against his inner self." gramps interrupted. "When we came to this area to fight the nine-tailed fox. Many of ours fell to the demon but it wasn't until after what your father did that our clan finally broke." gramps began with a grimace.
"What? What did he do?" I asked staring wide eyed at them both.
"During the battle your father began to lose control. Before the inner demon could cause the chaos it so yearned for your father killed himself." gramps stated sadly.
Mom stepped behind me and rapped her arms around my chest. I could feel soft tears landing on my shoulder. I looked around to see my mother bury her face in the back of my shoulder.
"So, ah, what does this mean for me?" I asked nervously.
"It means two things. First there is the fact that being Solken's son after he became the half-demon he was, you carry that blood in you." gramps informed.
I took a deep breath as my mind raced about what was happening.
"And the second thing?" I asked in a voice so low you had to lean in to hear it.
"The necklace that was around your neck was an heirloom of the clan. It allowed the wearer to receive the power of their ancestors. This seems to have changed when it left your father's care and came to you. I believe the demon in your father corrupted the necklace." gramps finished as he turned toward the fire.
"And that means?" I asked looking dumbfounded.
"Your necklace is allowing the demon within to take more control." gramps answered flatly.
"What?! There's got to be something you can do?! Anything?!" I shouted looking between them for some kind of support.
My mother squeezed me tighter in her arms. I looked up into her face just above mine. She looked like she wanted to cry but held back. She instead had a look of determination across her face.
"There is are ways we can help. We can simply be there for you so you can retain some grip. But there is a way I can help you now." gramps sounded doubtful.
"What?" I asked as I fidgeted in my seat and between my mother's arms.
"We can place a seal around the place where the gemstone has taken root." gramps said as he turned from the fire to stare into my eyes. "But you must be willing to accept this." he told me.
"Ah... Of course. I'll do anything." I exclaimed.
"Very well." he sighed. "I most warn you, it will hurt." he said as he made a set of hand signs and stepped up to me.
I gave a simple nod as I grabbed hold of my mother's arms. She squeezed harder as gramps preformed his seal. The pain lanced into my chest and felt like molten glass running over my nerves. I bit down on my lip to keep from crying out. The pain rolled through every fiber of my being. I continued to bit down until I could feel my teeth draw blood.
'NNNNOOOO! ARGH!' the dark voice inside screamed.
"ARGH!" I screamed out into the night.
A single drop of my blood fell onto my shirt, where the seal was fading onto my chest below. I saw the blurred shapes of gramps and mom moving to take a closer look at me before I blacked out. And in the blackness a pair of red eyes and a wide, gleaming smile watched me.
'This is far from over.' the voice mused with a chuckle.
...