Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Intertwined ❯ Recognition ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Amaya moved her body slightly to the right, avoiding Sasuke's fist but wasn't able to block the leg coming from the other side. It was a direct hit.
Amaya moaned in pain as she took a step back.
 
“I see... I guess I shouldn't hold back with you”
 
Chapter 4
 
She took a ready stance, signalising him to come at her once more. Sasuke stormed at the figure in front of him only to hit thin air. Where did she go??
Caught totally of guard, he felt a stinging pain on the left side of his torso. He fell to his knees, covering his wound with his hand. He looked down and lifted his hand a bit to see what the damage was. A red substance was slowly leeking out of the wound. Blood? Damnit! When did she…?
 
He couldn't finish his thought as he fell on his back and everything turned black, but not before he glanced at dark red eyes for a split moment of a second.
When he managed to open up his eyes he was sitting in a room with his armes spread, suspended in the air. Everything around him was soaked with blood. Why can't I move?? In front of him there was the giant Sparrow he saw earlier. Without any warningthe bird flew towards him, and started tearing out his flesh. STOP!! Please don't, he begged, but no words came out of his mouth. This all seemed so unreal, yet the pain was real enough to make Sasuke scream from the inside. He felt every single tear after tear. The bird just continued picking and tearing and piercing… In a moment he saw his life flashing by him. His family, their cruel deaths, his life in Konoha. He thought about his former teammates, Orochimaru and his goal in life… the goal he would never reach…Itachi…No! This can't be the end! And in one way or the other, he managed to clench his fists.
 
`So, apparently you have some willpower left!” The giant bird squeeked, with a surprisingly soft voice. “Very nice”.And in a the blink of an eye he saw the room around him transforming and he found himself back on the spot where just minutes ago he fought the woman called Amaya Sasume. It seemed so long ago…
 
Some kind of Illusionary technique?? Still lying immobilised on the ground, he turned his head slightly up so he could face the woman that bowed over him.
“If you thought that you were the only one that posseses an advanced bloodline, you were clearly mistaken don't you think?” she turned her lips into a small smile “It must be something very important you have to do, if your will to live is so strong that you managed to break my genjutsu… It seems that you and I are very alike after all… Uchiha-san…” And with that she gave Sasuke a kick to the face, knocking him completely unconcious.
 
When he woke up, Orochimaru and Amaye were already engaged in battle. It seemed like the snake-like sannin had the upper hand as Amaya's clothes were wrecked and she had lots of bruises on her face. Orochimaru, on the other hand, seemed untouched.
How long was I out? He tought, as he saw that the sun was gradually falling down behind the horizon.
He tried to get up, but cramped up immediately. Then he remembered his wound on his side and took a look at it. It had already begun to heal but it still hurt. In addition, he had an enormous headache that was probably caused by his mental suffering. What the hell was that anyway? The only thing he could remember were those dark, frightening eyes… it was almost as if he had seen them before… He looked up, and for the first time he payed attention to the woman's appearance. She was relatively tall, had a slim body with nice and feminine curves all on the right places...Her skin was pale, just like his, and her hair was indigo black and reached to her waist. Her eyes were blue, which was rather strange for someone with dark hair. She was beautiful, he noticed, not that he really liked woman, actually he despised them for being so weak. But she was not weak, as he himself had experienced, and therefor interested him grately. His eyes travelled down her body and he noticed she had a golden ring on her left hand. Could she be married? But he dismissed that thought immediately. Married women don't commit suicide like this.
He remembered that he still didn't know her motivation for wanting to kill Orochimaru. A lot of people want him dead, but most of them had obvious reasons, after all he is a treath to a lot of countries, but she seemed to have a more personal motive.
 
Sasuke snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Orochimaru laugh. The battle seemed to near its conclusion. “well well, already out of chakra? You shouldn't have used your greatest asset on that boy Amaya-chan, now it'll cost you your life”
Orochimaru opened his mouth and a snake seemed to slither upwards his throat. When the snake's head was showing in the mouth it stopped it's ascend and the sannin pulled a giant sword out of its mouth and struck her hard on her left arm. When she groaned in pain, she carlessly stormed towards Orochimaru but before she could even land her attack, the sword pierced her side. She fell on her knees, but her eyes were still locked with Orochimaru's. “And to think I almost considered to take you as my new container! What a waste of my time you were.” He smirked.
“Teme! Don't underestimate me!”
“And what are you gonna do now? One swing and you're finished. You get that, right? I just hope that you have proven yourself worthy to my apprentice over there, “ and he moved his head to look at Sasuke, “Although I figure he hasn't learned much new by the look of it”
He laughed once more, head fallen backwards; as if he found his own joke very amusing, and then looked back at the defeated blue-eyed shinobi. “You're too good-hearted, Amaya, if you had managed to actually kill the boy, I must confess I would be greatly troubled”
She looked at him with a confused look at her face. Troubled? “I didn't thought you cared so much about that kid, or any kid for that matter” And signalised her head in the direction of the youngest Uchiha“if I knew you did, I would have killed him without a doubt, just as you've killed all the people close to me.”
He killed her family?? Sasuke noticed a lone tear strolling down her cheek, which she quickly brushed away with her sleef. He knew she could have killed him easily, yet she didn't which kinda made him indebted to her.
Orochimaru sighed and shrugged his shoulders “Whatever, I don't remember such unimportant facts” and he lowered himself so his head was only an inch away from hers, “I bet they didn't even put up much of a fight, if they are related to someone like you….” And he continued with a wisper “I bet they were slaughtered like pigs..”
She clenched her fists. “YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE!! I WILL KILL YOU!!!!” and she launched a punch. The surprised sannin didn't manage to dodge the upclose punch and tumbled backwards,. “Guess I had deserved that one”, he chuckled with his hand covering his bloody nose. When he uprighted himself, he grabbed his sword tighter and arranged himself for that last swing..
“I will kill you, even if it must be in the other life, so just get it over with” she said as she slowly closed her eyes, prepared to die in an instant.
“In the contrary what you may think, it won't be fun killing you Amaya; I never take great pleasure in killing weaklings like you, so I will get this over with quickly”
 
“STOP!”
“Sasuke?” Orochimaru stopped in the middle of his swing, and looked at his young subordinate from the corner of his eye. “What's the matter? I'm kinda in the middle of something you see”
“Let her go” Sasuke said calmy, as he slowly pulled himself up. “She's already defeated, there's no reason to kill her” He walked towards Orochimaru and repeated “Let her go, now
Orochimaru was angry with his unrespecting pupil right now, yet he knew well enough that he couldn't do anything about that, he needed the boy. True, he became very fond of Sasuke over the last few years, and he was amazed how easily the boy agreed with giving him his body. So Orochimaru gave him pretty much everything what he asked for.
“ I can't just let her go, Sasuke-san, she challenged me for a fight so now she must face the consequences of a defeat”
“I will take responsibility for her” Sasuke stated, as he looked into Orochimaru's eyes to show him he was serious.
“Why?”
“Because I want her…” and with that he grabbed Amaya's wrists and pulled her towards him. “…and that's all you need to know.”
All this time, the girl remained quiet, not caring of what'll happen to her next, ashamed in her defeat. He supported her shoulders and started walking towards their hide-out.
Orochimaru just stood there for a few minutes, astonished with his pupil's behaviour.
Damn kids and their hormones. He grinned to himself and started following the couples trail.
 
TO BE CONTINUED
 
Gomen gomen, I was tired so it might seem as if it was quickly put together (which actually might be true) but it is actually just a filler for the next episodes which revolve more around the pairings itself…
What that exactly is, that's for me to know, and for you to figure out! Suggestions are still welcome of course!
 
REVIEW PLEASE!! [Author ID1: at Mon Sep 11 18:55:00 2006 ]
 
Thanks to my great beta, Draegan88