Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ It's Already Over ❯ Sooner or Later ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Don't own Naruto, only plot.I don't own Sooner of Later either, it belongs to Breaking Benjamin
 
Sooner or Later
 
Sasuke leaned back against his chair and placed both his feet on the table. Naruto grinned at him sheepishly before asking, “So Sasuke, that sign on your back. I swear I've seen it somewhere. What is it?”
 
Sasuke opened his mouth to answer but instead both boys found themselves being tackled to the ground by a hoard of fangirls.
 
Squeals of admiration could be hear everywhere as cries of “Naruto-kun” and “Sasuke-kun” rang out.
 
Shoving everyone out of the way, both boys rushed out of the classroom, gasping for air, with thirty girls on their tails.
 
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx
 
(After school)
 
Sasuke fitted the microphone onto its stand before slinging his guitar over his shoulder. Adjusting the strap, he asked the other, “I've finished two new songs. Shall we try out the first one and leave the other for later?”
 
Kiba nodded and grinned, “Yeah, let's see what you got.”
 
The raven smirked his trademark smirk and nodded at the others.
 
1, 2, 3, 4…
 
The drums started along with the bass as the electric guitar worked its way into the song. Gradually, the bass faded away as the guitar took over. Leaning forward with his eyes closed, Sasuke abandoned his guitar and grabbed the mike with both hands. Softly, he started.
 
“I want a normal life
just like a new born child
I am a lover hater
I am an instigator
You are an oversight
Don't try to compromise
I'll learn to love to hate it
I am not integrated”
 
Naruto edged closer to his mike as well as he harmonised with Sasuke's voice. The effect created was perfect. With Sasuke's low smooth tone combined with Naruto's higher and slightly husky tone, it sounded as if they had blended their voices together.
 
“Just call my name
You'll be okay
Your scream is burning through my veins
 
Sooner or later you're gonna hate it
Go ahead and throw your life away
Driving me under, leaving me out there
Go ahead and throw your life away”
 
Sasuke opened his eyes as he noticed that it had all gone quiet.
 
Shikamaru smiled. “That was good. What's curious though is that your music style changes all the time.”
 
Sasuke nodded. “My songs depend on my mood.”
 
Neji nodded in understanding. “Of course. I would say that you wrote this song when you were reminiscing, weren't you?” He continued when he noticed that Sasuke looked slightly annoyed. “Anyway guys, we have a gig coming up. We're going to perform at the school show. Basically, we're the entertainment while the audience dances in the “disco”, which is actually our gym.”
 
Naruto looked up, “So, it's like a party.”
 
“All right!” Kiba punched the air excitedly. “When's it gonna be?”
 
Neji smiled. “Tomorrow.”
 
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx
 
A pink haired girl rounded the corner at top speed as she glanced at her watch.
 
“Oh man, I'm late again. Let's hope Kurenai sensei isn't there yet.”
 
Running straight towards the history department, she smashed through the doors and turned the corner - only to collide with a boy head on.
 
Both persons fell backwards. The girl dropped all her books while the boy dropped his Oakley black backpack but managed to hold onto his guitar case.
 
“Woah, watch where you're going,” muttered the boy in a gruff voice.
 
The girl looked up indignantly.
 
“What! You bumped into me!”
 
The boy stood up, brushed aside his hair and picked up his backpack. Crouching down, he gathered the girl's books and offered an outstretched hand to the girl. The girl took it and was pulled up.
 
The boy grunted. “Whatever.”
 
The girl looked up angrily but stopped. Throwing up her hands in the air, she responded with a cry.
 
“Ugh, I have to go to class anyway,” she said before she stomped off.
 
Sasuke looked after her as she disappeared around another corner. He couldn't help being mesmerized by those stunning green eyes of hers and her pink hair. A smirk tugged at the corners of his lips as he stared dreamily in the direction that the girl had disappeared.
 
`That girl is special, I can feel it,' he mused. `Plus she's got one hot body.'
 
Turning around, he continued towards his class. He had only managed a few steps before realization hit him.
 
`Oh man, I'm not interested in a girl, am I?'
 
Sasuke slapped himself mentally.
 
Sasuke Uchiha, most wanted male in the entire school and human ice cube when dealing with girls, was actually falling for a girl. And a pink haired, green eyed one.
 
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx
 
Sakura Haruno stomped into her classroom. Plonking down on her seat next to her best friend, Ino Yamanaka, she sighed and placed her head on her table.
 
“You ok, Sakura?” asked Ino hesitantly.
 
The rosette sat up straight as she took out her books.
 
“Yeah,” she sighed. “I just bumped, and I mean literally bumped, into this guy just now. He was arrogant and annoying.”
 
Ino's eyes brightened. “Is he hot?”
 
Sakura looked at Ino sceptically. “I'll admit he wasn't half bad. Though of course, my boyfriend is much better looking.”
 
Ino grinned, “Of course. By the way, are you going to the show tonight? Sabaku's playing tonight.”
 
Sakura's eyes widened. “No way! I'm definitely going then. Wow!” She looked at Ino, “But Gaara's gone, you think there's still that good?”
 
Ino shrugged. “Well, go find out tonight then.”
 
Sakura grinned, “Yeah, but I'll ask Naruto a bit later about his new lead singer. I want to be sure that Sabaku is still as good as before.”
 
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx
 
“WHAT!”
 
Naruto cowered behind Neji, who remained stoic as ever, as Sakura tugged at her hair anxiously.
 
“WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE NOT CALLED SABAKU ANY MORE!”
 
Naruto gulped before answering in a weak voice.
 
“Well, I was going to say that we're now called Sharingan. Sasuke picked the name.”
 
Sakura glared at Naruto. “Who's Sasuke, pray tell?”
 
Naruto glanced nervously at Neji. Neji glared back at him before answering a deadpan voice. “He's Gaara's replacement, or as we call it, our lead singer.”
 
Sakura's features softened. “Well, is he as good as Gaara?”
 
Neji smirked. “Why don't you find out tonight? We'll be waiting to see you on the dance floor. We won't perform if we don't see you.”
 
Sakura smiled.
 
“Don't worry about it Neji. I have to see how good this Sasuke is. I'm not going to miss it for the world.”
 
Naruto positively beamed. “Yeah, and I can introduce you guys. I promised him!”
 
The rosette laughed lightly as she waved to the two boys. “See you tonight then!”