Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ It's So Hard Not To Love You ❯ Enter Sakura and Sasuke!! ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Sakura got a strange feeing in her stomach, as she jumped gracefully among the tree tops, heading for the place she believed Sasuke to be staying at. First you abandon your village, crush your best friend, and now your going after someone who doesn't even love you!? Her inner Sakura scolded. From where your going at this point you're acting just like Sasuke did when he left you. She silenced her inner Sakura. Listen I know it's wrong but…
But what!
But-I think I have him this time…I just need to see his face; hear his voice…
That shut her inner Sakura up. Then suddenly, she sensed someone's chakra. She hid her chakra and started jumping through the tree's more quickly, but quietly. She still sensed the chakra, and it felt like it was getting closer to her.
“Over there!” She heard someone shout. Oh no! They saw me! Whoever it is…
She thought. But her thoughts were interrupted when a pair of strong hands wrapped around her waist, then knocked her out.
♦
When Sakura woke up someone was carrying her bridal style. She looked up to see who it was and was shocked to see that it was Kabuto. As he hadn't noticed that she was awake, he yelped out it surprise and pain as she punched him in the face, and jumped out of his arms. “Get your hands off me you freak!” Sakura yelled, banging him on the head, running away.
 
Meanwhile…
 
“Well Sasuke, it sounds like we have a visitor…” Orouchimaru hissed. “And it seems that she isn't in the best of moods.”
Sasuke stiffened as he listened to the background noises. “Get back here!” It sounded like Kabuto. He then heard a female voice. “Get OFF me!!” Was that…it couldn't be!
“Sakura...” Sasuke mumbled. Luckily for him, Orouchimaru didn't hear this.
If he had there would be no doubt…
He would test me, forcing me to do things just so he would keep her alive.
“Sasuke, I want you to capture our guest and bring her to me. At all costs, I need you to bring her to me…I feel she may be of importance for the future.” Sasuke was about to protest when he heard a howl come from the hallway. “That's what you get for messing with me!” He heard Sakura yell. “And quickly…we don't want her escaping.” Orouchimaru hissed.
♦
Sakura started walking away from Kabuto, but then he called out, “I know what you're looking for. And I know where you can find him.” She froze. She turned around to him.
“Then where is he?” Then suddenly Kabuto grinned, his eyes peering behind Sakura. “Closer then you think…”
Someone grabbed Sakura's wrist. She spun around, ready to punch whoever had grabbed her, but then stopped when she saw who it was. She stiffened, as she let her hand go down. “Sasuke…” She whispered.
He tightened his grip on her wrist and pulled her away from Kabuto. Speechless, she allowed him to take her wherever. She was so shocked she didn't struggle, or put up a fight, she just let him lead her like a puppy.
Suddenly he stopped. In front of them there was a large iron door with snakes imbedded on it. Pushing it open, she suddenly realized where he was taking her.
“Sasuke, what are you doing? Orouchimaru lives-“
She was cut off short when a pale face suddenly came into view.
“Orouchimaru…” She mumbled feeling the anger boil inside of her. “Ahh, my dear Sakura…I had a feeling you would show up hear sometime…”
She was angry. Blue flames of chakra erupted from her hands as she ran towards Orouchimaru, ready to fight, but then someone grabbed her by the elbow.
She turned around to see Sasuke, grabbing her once again. This time she snapped. “Sasuke let me go!” She erupted as she spun around trying to loosen his grip. But it didn't work; instead, he pulled her wrists behind her back.
“My, my, Sakura, you've gotten stronger.” Orouchimaru chuckled. “You would make a great edition to my team…”
“I'd rather die!” She hissed angrily, struggling to get out of Sasuke's grasp.
“Oh, well that's too bad…A female apprentice…I haven't had one of those in awhile…” He mocked. “I'm already the apprentice of the 5th Hokage, Lady Tsunade herself! Why would I need you, you slimy freak!!?"She scowled.
Orouchimaru started walking towards her. She started walking back but ran into Sasuke.
Before she knew it she was basically leaning on Sasuke while Orouchimaru was in her face. “Well it seems you have no manners. Perhaps you should stay here for awhile…who knows…it might even do you good.”
She was too nervous to speak. Orouchimaru looked her in the eye making her fall into unconsciousness. She stumbled but Sasuke caught her laying her gently on the floor.
“What now?” Sasuke mumbled. “Take her to one of the spare rooms. Guard her and make sure she does not hurt herself.” Sasuke lifted an eyebrow. Since when does he care about anyone's safety or comfort? Sasuke thought.
He obeyed his orders though, picking up Sakura, and going through the doors. He looked at her face. Her pink hair was draped over her face, but he could still see half of it.
She has definitely gotten stronger…taking out Kabuto? Unless he let her…Sasuke thought. He reached one of the spare rooms and went into it, laying her on the small bed. She stirred. He lit a small candle with a mini fireball Jutsu, and sat down by the wall.
I guess I have to watch her every move even when she's sleeping…she has always been smart, but if she improved this much in her fighting she has probably improved in her knowledge of tricky Jutsu's…He thought silently.
 
Sakura's dreaming…
 
“Each of us has a new path…a new road lined before us-“
 
“Sasuke, I'm so in love with you I can't even stand it! If you would only be with me, I promise, I'd never let you regret it-every day would be a joy! I can give you happiness!”
 
She paused, looking tearfully at the ground. “So stay here…” She choked. “With me…and if you can't, then take me with you Sasuke!”
 
She was now sobbing uncontrollably, holding herself.
 
Sasuke turned around, looking at Sakura, a smirk plastered on his face.
 
“You haven't changed-your still annoying…” He began to walk off.
 
She charged after him. “Sasuke, don't leave me! If you do, I'll scream and-“
 
He appeared behind her. A moment passed as neither of them spoke. Then Sasuke said something that Sakura would never forget…
 
“Sakura…Arigato…”
 
Sakura woke up sitting up with lightning speed as she brought her knees to her chest. She was shaking uncontrollably. “So you're awake.” Someone mumbled.
She turned her head over to the voice. She jumped off her bed as blue chakra once again burst from her hands.
The flames died away when she saw who it was. “S-Sasuke…” She began. He lifted himself up in a standing position.
He was taller then she, the top of her head came to his mouth. “Get me out of here. Now.” She demanded. “I can't do that.” He said, still looking down at her.
“Why not?” She said through clenched teeth. “Orders…” He said. “I don't care about your orders Sasuke; I want to get out of here. And you're coming with me.”
“Is that so?” He said. She looked at him. “Before I left Konoha I promised Naruto I would bring you home…I broke all the rules just so I could come here. I disobeyed my own master's orders, and went here anyway. If I come back empty-handed, not only will I be in depression again, but I will have severe consequences waiting for me…Please Sasuke…”
The last part of the sentence that she said she choked. “I can't…” he looked away from her pleading eyes. She then did something unexpected. She grabbed him by the wrists and slammed them against the wall with incredible and painful force.
She looked into his eyes. “Here's a deal. I'll fight you, and if I win, you come back to Konoha village with me. But if you win, I'll become you and Orouchimaru's apprentice and follow under your commands. Since all of your arguments are usually settled in fights, this should be no problem for you.” She said. He smirked. “But I'm stronger then I look.” She said, letting go of Sasuke's wrists. He then grabbed her wrists and slammed them against the wall. His face was nearly touching hers. She blushed; she had never been this close to him before.
“Why did you come here? Why are you trying so hard to take me home?” He asked softly. “Because I- I-well…” she stammered. “You what?” he asked more forcefully.
“That's not the point…I made a promise and it's going to be kept Sasuke, I never make a promise and then break it.” She said, forcing herself to not say what she really wanted to say.
 
Knock it off Sakura! You know you still love him, so stop trying to make it seem that you don't. You even admitted to me when we were coming here that you needed to see his face and hear his voice; sounds to me like you still have an infatuation with him…
 
I was just having a moment of weakness! I had been traveling for awhile, I was dizzy! I can't still be in love with him-I can't!!!
 
You can hide your feelings from your friends, but not from your inner self! I AM YOU! We are one; I know your feelings from the inside and out!
 
That was deep…
 
Of course that was deep! Everything gets deep when you're with Sasuke! Ugh you're impossible…
 
“Sakura?” Sasuke called her name. She snapped out of her thoughts. He looked at him in the eyes. She almost melted…she couldn't let him know that though. She couldn't let him think that she was still in love with him!
 
Love is a weakness and nothing more…if I can persuade Sasuke that I've matured and realized that, maybe he would think more of me…
 
So you're basically saying you want him to think about you?
 
Will you shut it!?
 
Sasuke started to release his grip on Sakura. She pushed him down though, unexpectedly and pinned him to the ground. “Can I ask you a question now? Why the heck did you leave? And what did you mean when you said `Thank you' when you left?” He looked at her. “You know why I had to leave…”
She tightened her grip. “Yeah, to go after your stupid brother who doesn't even care whether you attack him or not!” He spun around and flipped Sakura over so he was pinning her down. “Sakura I don't care about that, I care that he killed my clan and my family!” He said it so darkly it made Sakura shiver.
“And I'm not in love with you.”