Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Journals ❯ To express ourselves?!? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1
 
It was a nice day. The birds were singing, there was no cloud in sight, and best of all, no fangirls. Yes, Sasuke was suffering from another case of fangirlitis, a `disease' that makes you so unbearably attractive that fangirls (and maybe some boys) start chasing you. So far, the intelligent little raven-haired boy had no trouble avoiding them. That is until…
 
“There he is!” A girl shrieked. As Sasuke observed her before running, he realized it was fangirl #13. In other words, the pink-haired, big-browed girl known as Sakura. Before you knew it, there was a big cloud of dust of girls shouting ridiculous things that Sasuke would never say yes to.
 
“Sasuke! Will you go out with me?”
 
“Will you go to the dance with me?”
 
“At least kiss me!!!”
 
Unfortunately, the safety of the academy was a while away. Fortunately, the boy was a fast runner. Reaching the school on time, he rushed into the classroom, locking the door behind him. In the room was Iruka, who seemed happy to see him.
 
“Hey, Sasuke. C'mere a second.” The teacher said, beckoning the said boy closer. “I want you to have this journal. I've been noticing that you never show much feeling so I thought you could write it down!” He smiled. It always seemed to him that keeping feelings inside for so long was uncomfortable so he thought Sasuke had that kind of feeling.
 
Sasuke just stared with his `You're kidding, right?' look for awhile. “This is dumb…” He muttered, ignoring Iruka's crestfallen face.
 
“Well, tell me if you change your mind.” He said as he opened the door to leave. Unfortunately for Sasuke, his fangirls were still waiting for him. And so, he was on the run again.
 
Now somewhere in another part of the village, Naruto was slurping up…you guessed it-ramen. Iruka came in and sits down next to the blue-eyed kitsune.
 
“Hey, Naruto-“ Iruka began but was interrupted by Naruto.
 
“Eating first. Talking later.” Was all he said as he dug back into his ramen. After a while and a few more bowls of ramen later, Naruto was done. “Okay. What was it that you wanted to tell me?”
 
“Well,” Iruka said as he handed the boy a journal, pretty much the same as Sasuke's. “I just thought that you express your feelings a little too much. Maybe you could just pour them out in here.” He said smiling.
 
Naruto thought the idea over, looking through the blank pages that were destined to be filled. “…To express myself?” He said after awhile, unsure what to write at all.
 
“Well then, see you later!” Iruka left before Naruto could even object, leaving the boy alone with his own thoughts.
 
As Naruto walked in his apartment, seeing that he forgot to lock it again, he flipped through the blank pages of the journal once again, looking at the pattern of the cover. The mesmerizing shapes began to confuse him.
 
What was Iruka thinking when he gave this as a channel for his feelings? Had he forgotten about his little problem with letters? Thinking back to that incident, Naruto wondered why he was punished. The pencil was asking for it, it wasn't his fault!
 
Sighing, Naruto picked up a pencil and thought of what to write…