Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Just A Misunderstanding ❯ Recovering pain, and training ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(AN: Thanks SO much for ALL the wonderful reviews! IT almost made me cry! *hugs all reviewers*

Disclaimer: I D-O-N-T O-W-N N-A-R-U-T-O!!!!!!!!!! *sniffles* and probably never will. On with the story!)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The sun rose through the sky and unfortunately, through Sakura's blinds. Sakura groggily opened her eyes, and turn towards her alarm clock, and it said 9:35. Good thing she woke up now, considering that Kakashi sensei wanted us to meet in the forest at 10:00. She had no clue why he had wanted them to come out so early; he probably wouldn't be there until 12 or something.

Sakura got up and steadily walked over to her closet full of clothes. Memories from the previous night flowed through her mind, the pain ebbing away in her heart. Sakura brought a shaking hand up to her chest, and clenched the material in her hand, hoping to ease the pain. But it was futile, the pain, as it seemed, was never going to disappear.

Her eyes traveled from one side to the other of her closet. All of her clothes were hung up on a hanger. Sakura felt sick, lots of spring and summer colors were stored in there. And then, there were her ninja outfits. The red dress, no, she decided, she would not wear that today. And then something dark caught her eye.

It was one of her ninja outfits, but her mother had washed it with the dark loads. And since this fabric had to be washed separately, the black of her mother's sweater and her father's black jeans, the die from them leaked through and stained her clothes, causing it to be black. Sakura smirked, `Good thing mother had insisted that she keep it, or I might have been forced to wear one of my red dresses.' Sakura inwardly shivered.

Sakura left her dirty clothes lying on the floor, and changed into her black outfit. She wore her black dress, with dark blue shorts underneath instead of the green ones before. Her eye trailed towards her alarm clock, it read 9:45. Sakura walked over to her bathroom mirror, and gazed at her reflection. There was a cut above her eye; it was deep, and still bleeding. Although it had stopped, all the movement must have re-opened the wound.

"Hmf, beautiful Sakura isn't who she used to be. And that's how I like it." Sakura's voice held certain malice to it, and yet it was bittersweet. And with that, she bolted out the door, running to get to her destination, and to run off the remaining pain that was with her heart.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* At the meeting spot *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Naruto, surprisingly, had been the first to arrive. No matter, Sakura thought, things are different now. Her childhood heart had been crushed, smothered, and stomped on. . . And she felt that the pain was better than the undying love that she had felt for the Uchiha boy.

"O-hay Sakura-chan!" Naruto exclaimed in an excited voice, smiling like an idiot, but smiling none the less. Sakura felt envy wash over her, every time she attempted to smile, it would come out a smirk instead, ever since last night.

"Hi. Naruto." Naruto seemed to notice the coldness in her voice, but he was happy that she had at least greeted him.

"Are you okay Sakura-chan?" Naruto asked, acknowledging the cut above her right eye.

"Yes, just got nicked by a thorn bush."

"You should be more careful then."

"Yes, I should be shouldn't I?" Sakura's voice rang through the air as Sasuke approached them quietly, acting as if nothing was wrong.

And just as Sasuke didn't get a hello, he just sat down on a near by log, wait, he recognize this place. It was were Ino had. . . kissed him last night, and Sakura saw. He looked over at Sakura, there was a cut above her right eye. As the little blood trailed down her face, it looked like she was crying, only it was the blood from above her eye.

"Hi Sasuke." Naruto's voice held a few hints of sarcasm, but he was saying hi to the ice basterd because he was happy that Sakura had said hi to him.

Sasuke looked over at Sasuke and gave him a firm nod, the closest thing to a hello that he would ever get that day. Sasuke felt that he was being watched, he stole a glance at Sakura. And she was. . . Looking at him but her gaze was. . . emotionless, but deep within her iris held a deep pain mixed with hate. Hate. . . for him.

It could have been hours or even minutes when Kakashi ad arrived, Sakura didn't know.

"Your late again!!!" Naruto seethed, but was a little surprised when Sakura didn't say it when he did. A little disappointed Naruto was, but he didn't show it.

"Oh, I'm sorry. You see I was on my way here, truly I was when-"

"Save it Sensei, I don't care, let's just train."

Now Kakashi might have expected something cold from Sasuke or even Naruto when he was having a bad day. But he had never expected to hear that come out of Sakura. So in other words, he was surprised to say the least, but acting like his role, didn't show it.

Naruto shivered, and didn't bother to try and stop it. All the warmth of the field had been sucked away with Sakura's statement. And that puzzled him greatly.

"Alright Sakura, today we with be practicing how to preserve our strength while under semi critical condition. And how we do that is by lifting those logs over there. And then, making our way to the same destination." Kakashi explained, while pointing behind him. Where large logs were buried underneath each other's massive wait.

Everyone but Kakashi went over to the pile of logs. And to Naruto's dismay, had names on them. Naruto, written in perfect kanji, was carved into the log on top, and Sasuke's carved name was on the one under him. And Sakura's the one under his.

"Now, pick up your special selected log, you can carry it however you want, but is not allowed to be drug on the ground." Kakashi made an emphasis on the single word `not'.

Naruto was practically hugging his log. Sasuke decided that he should support his log behind his neck and having his arms over the log to balance it. and Sakura. . . put hers directly over her right shoulder with two arms supporting it.

"Uh, Sakura?" Kakashi asked.

"Yes Sensei?"

"It may be easier to put it-"

"No thank you Sensei, this is just fine thank you." Sakura grunted out frustrated that her teacher didn't have enough confidence in her choice of her log carrying position. `I'll show them. . . Everything is different now.' Sakura thought as they started to walk forward, they would do this until Kakashi felt that they had reached their destination.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

(AN: Um. . . Thank you for reading! It's my pleasure to make you happy when you make ME happy when you review! Sorry if this chapter seems short to all of you people who LOVE to spend about and hour just to read one chapter! Anywayz, REVIEW PLEASE!! Oh never mind, me to. . . . Sleepy to care * falls a sleep on the key `z'* zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz *drools a little*

Ja Ne! ^_____^